This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Show Ideas and Reminders

Comments

• If you guys are hurting for show ideas, you have two ongoing series (Fire and Zombies) that you can fall back on.
  • If you guys are hurting for show ideas, you have two ongoing series (Fire and Zombies) that you can fall back on.
    Yeah, no.
  • Yeah, no.
    WHAT?! No? TO ZOMBIES?! Blasphemy!
  • If they overdo a tired idea, it would only result in a dull show.
  • I never liked any of the zombie episodes, to be honest.
  • Cellphones and other cellular devices.
  • Cellphones and other cellular devices.
    What about them?
  • A while back, you mentioned possibly doing a show on the police.
  • NS2, jpeg awesomeness, indie games, tech news roundup, and rather just more news related shows in general. Round table skype shows.
  • Whatever happened to the epic New Years podcast?
  • Whatever happened to the epic New Years podcast?
    People clam up in front of the microphone. I do plan to do something at the shore this year, though. Scott won't be there, but expect a series of some kind. ^_^
    edited June 2009
    jpeg awesomeness
    What kind of awesomeness do you mean here? There are various awesome, and far from awesome aspects to jpg.
    Post edited by ... on
  • A while back, you mentioned possibly doing a show on the police.
    As well as a podcast about the prison system too...
  • "Kids' Shows" that aren't really for children:

-Do some classics like Ren and Stimpy and Sponge Bob Square Pants.
    -Modern ones like: The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack and Chowder.
    -Maybe do some ones that are kind of on the line: Avatar and Samurai Jack
  • Sponge Bob Square Pants.
    I would definately not consider SpongeBob to be a classic...
    The Marvelous Misadventures of FlapjackandChowder.
    ...and neither of these are ever worth watching.
  • "Kids' Shows" that aren't really for children:

-Do some classics likeRen and StimpyandSponge Bob Square Pants.
    -Modern ones like:The Marvelous Misadventures of FlapjackandChowder.
    -Maybe do some ones that are kind of on the line:AvatarandSamurai Jack
    Last I heard they had a pretty dim opinion of most children's cartoons.
  • I'm pretty sure they like Ren and Stimpy. And I think Rym and Emily like Avatar.
  • I'm pretty sure they like Ren and Stimpy. And I think Rym and Emily like Avatar.
    Chowder is actually not half bad, although most modern children's cartoons are blech.
  • I loved Samurai Jack and Avatar. I miss those days.
  • I loved Samurai Jack and Avatar. I miss those days.
    I forgot about Samurai Jack, that's also great.
    A show on classic children's cartoons could be great. Talk about the old Saturday morning of the '80's and '90's.
  • A show on classic children's cartoons could be great. Talk about the old Saturday morning of the '80's and '90's.
    Been Done.
    Television of our Youth
  • A show on classic children's cartoons could be great. Talk about the old Saturday morning of the '80's and '90's.
    Been Done.
    Television of our Youth
    That reminds me of an idea that I had a while back but forgot to post. Why not they redo some of the older shows they've done? To be perfectly honest some of those older shows don't really sound as good as the new ones do. Plus I'm sure Scrym have grown wiser ever since those episodes were done and probably have a lot more to say. Also, there won't be as many mistakes as before now that they've gained some considerable talent in speaking, among other things.
  • That reminds me of an idea that I had a while back but forgot to post. Why not they redo some of the older shows they've done? To be perfectly honest some of those older shows don't really sound as good as the new ones do. Plus I'm sure Scrym have grown wiser ever since those episodes were done and probably have a lot more to say. Also, there won't be as many mistakes as before now that they've gained some considerable talent in speaking, among other things.
    No re-dos.
  • That reminds me of an idea that I had a while back but forgot to post. Why not they redo some of the older shows they've done? To be perfectly honest some of those older shows don't really sound as good as the new ones do. Plus I'm sure Scrym have grown wiser ever since those episodes were done and probably have a lot more to say. Also, there won't be as many mistakes as before now that they've gained some considerable talent in speaking, among other things.
    No re-dos.
    That all you've got to say on that topic?
  • No re-dos.
    I think we should do at least one, having pointedly not listened to the old version. The differences alone would be interesting, and it would get people to hit the old episode.

This should be, however, a rare occurrence.
  • No re-dos.
    I think we should do at least one, having pointedly not listened to the old version. The differences alone would be interesting, and it would get people to hit the old episode.

I wholeheartedly concur with this proposition.
  • No re-dos.
    Instead of doing one show that addresses a previous show's topic, perhaps a show that picks a few of the topics you have covered before and that you know you have developed/changed your thoughts/opinions/knowledge about.
  • Okay Rym and Scott, we need a show on Diamond Distribution and why they suck. All the crap they've been doing down the years needs to be recognised, and how overall they hurt the comic industry. Diamond has such an impact because they are the distributor of.....just about everything.

Perhaps also suggest Haven Distribution instead, since the only way to unseat the dracnoian Diamond is to not use them if possible.
  • Okay Rym and Scott, we need a show on Diamond Distribution and why they suck. All the crap they've been doing down the years needs to be recognised, and how overall they hurt the comic industry. Diamond has such an impact because they are the distributor of.....just about everything.

Perhaps also suggest Haven Distribution instead, since the only way to unseat the dracnoian Diamond is to not use them if possible.
    Already done: http://frontrowcrew.com/episodes/2006/03/01/new-york-comic-con-and-the-comic-industry/
  • What about a show on the historical importance of Disney movies, from Snow White to...Mulan, as an ending point, maybe. Why these movies were always funny, well-animated, and were important to who we are as people. It would have to be a Thursday show, undoubtedly...