This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Palin, Please Go Away.

Comments

• I thought this was the Palin thread, but this is really just a horrible rambling of buzzwords. It sounds like the stereotypical answer in a beauty queen contest. Maybe someone should tell her that this is a presidential campaign and she is the running mate, the Miss Alaska beauty pageant.
  • Jesus christ. And people say that Obama doesn't have the experience and the knowledge to be president.

That was a terrible interview. I'm actually vaguely reminded of that famous Miss Teen USA South Carolina clip.

• edited September 2008
    I can't speak from personal experience here, but I know that even Dan Quayle became vice president, somehow, and Bush wasn't too young at that time, either.
    Palin definitely isn't helping the McCain campaign anymore, but I don't think she's capable of killing it by herself.
    Post edited by csrjjsmp on
  • Tina Fey wins three Internets.
  • Tina Fey wins three Internets.

Youtube took it down but I love Tina Fey
  • COURIC: Why isn’t it better, Governor Palin, to spend $700 billion helping middle-class families struggling with health care, housing, gas and groceries? Allow them to spend more and put more money into the economy? Instead of helping these big financial institutions that played a role in creating this mess?

PALIN: That’s why I say, I like ever American I’m speaking with were ill about this position that we have been put in where it is the tax payers looking to bailout.

But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health care reform that is needed to help shore up the economy– Helping the — Oh, it’s got to be about job creation too. Shoring up our economy and putting it back on the right track. So health care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions and tax relief for Americas. A

And trade we’ve got to see trade as opportunity, not as a competitive scary thing. But 1 in 5 jobs being created in the trade sector today. We’ve got to look at that as more opportunity. ALl those things under the umbrella of job creation.

This bailout is a part of that.
    Listening to it was bad enough. Reading it is painful.
  • It looks like all of her mental flash cards felt and she tried to organize them as she went along the epic journey of FAIL!
  • edited September 2008
    Well, Palin must think Roe is important. It's the only Supreme Court case she can recall by name.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • I finally watched this interview last night, and like WhaleShark, the first thing I thought of was Miss South Carolina.

I almost feel bad for Palin. Almost.
  • Its like she can only communicate through slogans and Republican talking points.
  • Its like she can only communicate through slogans and Republican talking points.
    . . . like most Republicans.
    . . . like most Republicans all politicians.
    Let's be fair, now.
  • Its like she can only communicate through slogans and Republican political talking points.
    . . . likemost Republicansall politicians.
    Let's be fair, now.
    Corrected
  • I just find it funny (or sad) that SNL did not need to change much in their sketch. It was pretty dead-on and word-for-word to what she said.
  • edited October 2008
    Upps :P
    Well, I guess Tina Fey has more work to do for this coming Saturday :D
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • They are limiting the response time to 90 seconds per question on for the vice-presidential debates, so they are giving Palin a gift. Hopefully her toothy grin and America-the-Beautiful rhetoric won't hold up. I hope they don't give the candidates the questions in advance.
  • Meanwhile, the McCain camp has started attacking Joe's girlfriend, debate moderator Gwen Ifill.
  • Meanwhile, the McCain camphas started attacking Joe's girlfriend, debate moderator Gwen Ifill.
    Bastards!
  • A useless republican fit about already known matter. The book was announced months ago. The campaigns decided together on the moderator after the book was announced and Palin was chosen after the moderator was chosen.

That they throw this fit less than 48 hours before the debate starts shows that they are scared shitless of a Palin loss and already are looking for a scapegoat.
  • I'll be watching it tonight. Maybe I'll host a chat of some kind: we can discuss it live.
  • I'll be watching it tonight. Maybe I'll host a chat of some kind: we can discuss it live.
    We do have the Vent server...
  • When is the debate on tonight?
  • I am waiting for the drinking game postings to begin...
  • What's the difference between a hockey mom and a bulldog?

Bulldog has a better understanding of the US economy.
    When is the debate on tonight?
    9PM ET
  • 9PM ET
    Oh good, my night class will be over before the debate. I am most definitely going to watch this debate, if only for the sheer humour factor.
  • I'm almost afraid to watch. If she manages to avoid falling off the stage, the conservatives will call it a "win".
  • I'm almost afraid to watch. If she manages to avoid falling off the stage, the conservatives will call it a "win".
    And what if she does fall off the stage?
    They will blame the Democrats.
    They will blame the Democrats.
    Perfect in every way. XD
  • I can already see the Fox News headline: Sexist pig Biden forces gravity upon Palin.