This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Palin, Please Go Away.

1111213141517»

Comments

• I'm fascinated by Palin's ability to just ignore facts, say and think incredibly stupid things, and avoid punishment. When Dan Quayle did and said a few things that were really comparatively minor compared to Palin, he was mercilessly pilloried, became a national joke, and was never considered politically viable for anything on his own.

How can Palin and her ilk continue to have more than a zero level of political support?
  • I'm fascinated by Palin's ability to just ignore facts, say and think incredibly stupid things, and avoid punishment. When Dan Quayle did and said a few things that were really comparatively minor compared to Palin, he was mercilessly pilloried, became a national joke, and was never considered politically viable for anything on his own.

How can Palin and her ilk continue to have more than a zero level of political support?
    Apparently, idiots have only now realized their ability to form into a gestalt eldritch being of horrifying power. And horrifying ignorance.
  • How can Palin and her ilk continue to have more than a zero level of political support?
    Boobs are new to Republicans. They are fascinated by them.
  • How can Palin and her ilk continue to have more than a zero level of political support?
    Boobs are new to Republicans. They are fascinated by them.
    Also, they are attracted to folksy ways over and above substance.
  • edited July 2011
    My only hope is that people don't perceive all Alaskans as being Palin-esque.
    When I was at the local book store I came across a few Palin memorabilia, all I could do is look down in shame, and wonder who the hell would buy this stuff.
    Post edited by Bobblun on
  • My only hope is that people don't perceive all Alaskans as being Palin-esque.
    When I was at the local book store I came across a few Palin memorabilia, all I could do is look down in shame, and wonder who the hell would buy this stuff.
    I've known a number of people from Alaska. All were fairly normal. From my own perspective, she's as much trailer trash as could be found in any state's trailer park 'burbs.
  • Even in "uber liberal" Massachusetts I saw people buying Palin's book and I still see hardcore right wing stickers on cars
  • Palin is the herpes of politics, she'll always come back.

In the short term the bigger problem might be Michele Bachmann, she's more dangerous since she's a true believer and not simply a panderer like Palin. Plus, she's found an easy way to raise an army, adoption!
  • My only hope is that people don't perceive all Alaskans as being Palin-esque.
    It's kind of like my fear with being American. However, you can't control the deeds of others, only your own. The best way to change people's perceptions of Alaskans is to be the Alaskan you want them to think of.
  • edited July 2011
    I know it isn't good etiquette to talk about other people's families, but considering that Palin is a social conservative that very much likes to tell other people how they should run their families, what families are even acceptable to be called families, and how to raise good children, I think this is fair game.

We all know that Sarah Palin's daughter got knocked-up and that forced a shotgun wedding. Yet that daughter is still touring the country speaking out about abortion and for the virtues of abstinence only education. It now seems that Palin's oldest son knocked up his girlfriend too before they got married.

Absolutely nothing but complete fail.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • To be fair, they were both of age. Although I do wonder if the queen harpy and her handlers didn't demand they get married ASAP so it didn't further tarnish mommy's run for president.
  • To be fair, they were both of age. Although I do wonder if the queen harpy and her handlers didn't demand they get married ASAP so it didn't further tarnish mommy's run for president.
    If she's not on the right side of the media she'll be attacked anyway. Remember the whisper campaign about McCain's supposed illegitimate black baby?
  • edited July 2011
    To be fair, they were both of age. Although I do wonder if the queen harpy and her handlers didn't demand they get married ASAP so it didn't further tarnish mommy's run for president.
    If she's not on the right side of the media she'll be attacked anyway. Remember the whisper campaign about McCain's supposed illegitimate black baby?
    I didn't hear anything about a black baby, but I think there was something about a bastard child with a lovely Mexican maid. She was illegal, but the baby was born in the US. If only life were so grand...
    Post edited by Byron on
  • Although I do wonder if the queen harpy and her handlers didn't demand they get married ASAP so it didn't further tarnish mommy's run for president.
    She thinks she has a hope of winning, that's fucking adorable.
  • Although I do wonder if the queen harpy and her handlers didn't demand they get married ASAP so it didn't further tarnish mommy's run for president.
    She thinks she has a hope of winning, that's fucking adorable.
    She does have a chance of winning. Be afraid. Don't underestimate the willingness of the American people to put hate and ignorance in power, no matter how shockingly stupid that figurehead might be.
  • She does have a chance of winning. Be afraid. Don't underestimate the willingness of the American people to put hate and ignorance in power, no matter how shockingly stupid that figurehead might be.
    Please, not now. I still have a shred of faith in the American people.
  • She does have a chance of winning. Be afraid. Don't underestimate the willingness of the American people to put hate and ignorance in power, no matter how shockingly stupid that figurehead might be.
    Please, not now. I still have a shred of faith in the American people.
    You forgot Bush Jr. Twice.
  • You forgot Bush Jr. Twice.
    I did say a Shred - before then, it wasn't completely in tatters.