This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• You can't use logic with people who use hammers to do anything other than hammer nails in.
  • This will not end well.
    No, but the resulting Youtube video could be a great thing of the day.
  • Surprisingly, the hammer did un-bend the bit that was indeed bent. In fact, the repairman who was here two hours ago told her that she could do such a thing. However, the printer still fails to work as of now. So still, fail.
  • edited November 2009
    You really need to get that MD. Just think about how much in demand your skills will be post-apocalypse.
    Perhaps. That PhD, not so much. Having to volunteer for ~1500 hours to be even competitive is something that seems relatively insane.

I could do Mechanical Engineering premed. That would both be totally awesome, leave me with shit tons of opportunities after undergrad (either start work immediately as an Engineer, or get my MD and build medically-necessary devices, like in this field), and allow me to pursue crazy complicated hobby-related interests (auto mechanics, construction of experimental motorcycles that utilizing biofuels, etc.).

I think that's what I should do.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited November 2009
    My moderately difficult car modification questions have been met with blank stares on the chevy forums. I think my hot rodding knowledge has reached beyond the knowledge of the general internet goer. I'm going to have to teach myself engineering to answer questions after this point I think.

EDIT: I totally just wrote on my leg with a pen I didn't realize was uncapped, fuck.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • My moderately difficult car modification questions have been met with blank stares on the chevy forums. I think my hot rodding knowledge has reached beyond the knowledge of the general internet goer. I'm going to have to teach myself engineering to answer questions after this point I think.
    What are you working on?
  • I think I upset someone by being honest with them. While I stand behind what I said, I neither want to upset this person, nor have them be so upset that they miss the point.
  • edited November 2009
    What are you working on?
    Trying to figure out how to calculate a the right intake plenum volume to maximize my engine's torque through out its RPM range. The issue is further compounded by the limitations of a common fuel injector system and hood clearance.
  • I'm proud of myself for understanding all of that, but disappointed for not being able to help.
  • I'm proud of myself for understanding all of that, but disappointed for not being able to help.
    Gotta admit, I tried to be a little obtuse. :P Good job. ^_^
  • EDIT: I totally just wrote on my leg with a pen I didn't realize was uncapped, fuck.
    I just did that on my face, fffffail.
  • Right as I got comfy getting ready to cross-stitch to Netflix, got the the RROD on the 360. Fuck.

Luckily the PS3 Netflix disc came in the mail yesterday.
  • Not going into details, but I'm glad I'm leaving Berlin tomorrow, for two months.
  • My beard experiment has quickly devolved into neckbeard, despite the rest of it looking okay. I'll be shaving it off tonight, and going back to the clean-cut Wub everybody once knew. Perhaps there shall be pictures.
  • I have a job tomorrow where I may have to tell a man that he's RRODed his laptop by leaving it keyboard up on a carpet.
  • Fuck drawing bricks. I hate bricks forever.
  • I have a job tomorrow where I may have to tell a man that he's RRODed his laptop by leaving it keyboard up on a carpet.
    RRODed?
    RRODed?
    Red Ring of Death'ed. It's normally when your Xbox dies, but Omnutia has cleverly used it as a term for a laptop crapping out.
  • After the Neweth thing this evening I feel not geek enough. :P
  • edited November 2009
    I have a job tomorrow where I may have to tell a man that he's RRODed his laptop by leaving it keyboard up on a carpet.
    RRODed?
    RRODs are cause by overheating which leads to a break in the solder somewhere. In this case, the air vent being blocked off caused it to overheat, either breaking a solder connection or frying the CPU.
    After the Neweth thing this evening I feel not geek enough. :P
    Shinpaishinaide viiga-chan! You should challenge them to a purple wig and EGL competition, then we'll see who doesn't feel geek enough!
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I really need to work on not hammering on the keyboard.
  • Fuck drawing bricks. I hate bricks forever.
    Try feathers sometime.
  • Try feathers sometime.
    You know, I really haven't had to seriously draw feathers yet. I know it's coming, and I'm not looking forward to it. But at least feathers have some variety to them. :)
  • My fail of the day is that Fender is now beyond just licensing their name for use in Rock Band. Now they're making their own $300 controllers.
  • Try feathers sometime.
    You know, I really haven't had to seriously draw feathers yet. I know it's coming, and I'm not looking forward to it. But at least feathers have some variety to them. :)
    Technically, so do bricks.
  • edited November 2009
    D.C. area Catholic church tries to be a jackass.
    FTA:
    Rosenstein and other gay rights activists have strong support on the council. Council member Phil Mendelson (D-At Large), chairman of the judiciary committee, said the council "will not legislate based on threats."

"The problem with the individual exemption is anybody could discriminate based on their assertion of religious principle," Mendelson said. "There were many people back in the 1950s and '60s, during the civil rights era, that said separation of the races was ordained by God."

Catania, who said he has been the biggest supporter of Catholic Charities on the council, said he is baffled by the church's stance. From 2006 through 2008, Catania said, Catholic Charities received about $8.2 million in city contracts, as well as several hundred thousand dollars' worth this year through his committee.

"If they find living under our laws so oppressive that they can no longer take city resources, the city will have to find an alternative partner to step in to fill the shoes," Catania said. He also said Catholic Charities was involved in only six of the 102 city-sponsored adoptions last year.
    D.C. local politicians ftw.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Technically, so do bricks.
    Not how I draw 'em! (At least when I'm trying to get through a page a day, penciled and inked.)
  • edited November 2009
    My fail of the day is that Fender is now beyond just licensing their name for use in Rock Band. Now they're making their own$300 controllers.
    How is that fail, that guitar looks awesome. It's made out of real wood and metal. It does however raise the question of why not buy a real one?
  • Some fucking moron in another forum just attempted to declare climate change to be impossible because an ice cube melting in a glass doesn't change the fluid level in it...