This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• The apartment was almost set on fire again. This time Jed was involved.
    Again?! How did it happen again, and what made it happen this time and last time?
  • I bashed my head on the corner of a brick wall... twice.
    Again?! How did it happen again, and what made it happen this time and last time?
  • Back in Rochester, after visiting the girlfriend for a week and a half. My apartment is lonely.
  • My family is all kinds of fucked up (someone is dying, and someone else has teen court this week...among other things), and I am 530 miles away.
    "Jed, pour the beer in this bowl."
    "Okay, Vi-"
    *spill*
    *hits pan full of hot grease*
    *FOOM! CRACK! WOOSH! FIRE!*
    "AHHHHH!"
  • The fail of my day is the Sara Lee brand "Classic French Cheesecake". The first ingredient on the list is water, followed by sugar, the cookie crumbs in the crust, milk, vegetable oil, enriched flour, whipped cream, cultured milk, and then cream cheese, followed by the 2% list.

Fuck you, Sara Lee. Fuck you.
  • The Prisoner remake, do yourself a favor and watch the original instead (dvd).
  • I bashed my head on the corner of a brick wall... twice.
    It was in rapid succession. I was bent over near the corner and as I stood up, I hit my head on the corner of the brick wall. As I attempted to both grab my head, reposition it, and continue to get up I faltered from the pain of the first strike and hit my head again.

Yeah... a winner is me.
    "Jed, pour the beer in this bowl."
    "Okay, Vi-"
    *spill*
    *hits pan full of hot grease*
    *FOOM! CRACK! WOOSH! FIRE!*
    "AHHHHH!"
    This is what boxes of baking soda are for. ~_^
  • This is what boxes of baking soda are for. ~_^
    That and keeping your fridge and freezer smelling fresh. :p
    Or for use in, y'know, baking.
    What? No, never!
  • edited November 2009
    This is what boxes of baking soda are for. ~_^
    What? No, never!
    What do you actually cook/bake with baking soda?
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Cookies, bread, cakes, etc.
  • edited November 2009
    Cookies, bread, cakes, etc.
    I lol'd.

If you want a specific example, well, why do you think it's called Irish soda bread?

EDIT: Man, I should make some soda bread. That's some good stuff.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Irish soda bread
    I had no idea such a thing existed.
  • Irishsodabread
    I had no idea such a thing existed.
    Seriously? Wow.

Well, it's delicious. Find a good Irish pub around, and I'll bet they'll have soda bread.
  • @Timo: I know! I've been avoiding seeing the remake because I know it's going to be so bad! The original Prisoner is fantastic, everyone needs to see it.
  • @Timo: I know! I've been avoiding seeing the remake because I know it's going to be so bad! The original Prisoner is fantastic, everyone needs to see it.
    Especially when you can have the entire show on iTunes for cheaper than my previously posted amazon listing.
  • Thanks IBM! Your source control software is fantastic!!!
  • I began to sift and dig through the job posts because of my recent unemployment. Because of my naivety, I gave some information (nothing serious like my SS or anything like that) to a company that is known to be a buncha scammers. I later learned after finding multiple sources saying that this was so (many of which were trusted). I shudder to think what would have happened if I had gone to the office building and filled out the actual application with all the sensitive information.
  • Fail: So I find out today that HR wants to talk to me over my tweeting. Looking back on my tweets, I think I know why. I did publicly complain about a recent IT policy change that I think is uninformed and inconsistent across the Internet space. Hopefully it will only result in a slap on the wrist, and I will surely never do it again (it's not worth a great paying job). It's not like I divulged confidential information, unless mentioning a blocked website constitutes as such.

Also found out that I was not lucky and won't be going back to work for my old group (you know, the one that I was hired to work for) for a while longer. Le sigh.
  • I bought L4D2 earlier today, but my connection has been so unstable that it probably won't be ready to play by tonight. In fact, as I was making this post, my router gave out. I had to restart it twice, resolve a problem on the control panel, refresh this page and paste the post back in. Fuck my internets.
  • edited November 2009
    I'm becoming more and more shaken by just how much time the improv troupe I joined is consuming (they are proposing some activities that would cut a week out of one of my vacations) in comparison to how much work it is for something I already know will only ever be a hobby. At the same time, I always feel weird at the parties the team throws, even though I know I'm welcome. I'm seriously considering leaving the troupe and focusing more on Model UN and engineering-oriented groups, as well as some social stuff I just haven't been able to do.

I feel guilty considering leaving this early in the game, especially because I like the people I work with so much, there were only 9 slots and I took one thinking I'd stick with this, and I was so passionate about the topic (as recently as a month ago; I've made an abrupt about-face), but I feel like I'm not having fun anymore. Plus, the stress of this is overwhelming.

Also, I have a five-page research paper due Friday that I haven't started yet. And it's on Japanese-American relations development since WWII. Eff.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • My dad made me take Zicam for my cold. It had a delicious fruit flavor. Too bad it isn't real medicine.
  • Too bad it isn't real medicine.
    On the plus side, at least it wasn't the Zicam that permanently destroys one's sense of smell.
  • edited November 2009
    Too bad it isn't real medicine.
    On the plus side, at least it wasn't the Zicam that permanently destroys one's sense of smell.
    Anything unknown I would have simply pretended to take instead, but I knew that this would be like eating a piece of orange candy.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Work wanted their phone back, so I got an LG Chocolate 3. It promised a plethora of awesome features, but I can't seem to connect it with my computer. I've been working on this almost all day.
  • Work wanted their phone back, so I got an LG Chocolate 3. It promised a plethora of awesome features, but I can't seem to connect it with my computer. I've been working on this almost all day.
    I would have recommended you picked up a Terry's Chocolate orange. They're less useful for communication, and have far fewer features, but they do the one thing they are made to do really, REALLY well.
  • Put money down on L4D2, and am going to pick it up today. However, I have a far greater amount of 360 friends playing it than Steam friends (namely because I have hardly been PC gaming as as such have one Steam friend)...I'm hoping that the cute girl at GS will let me transfer my preorder; failing that, I'll have to find some good people to play with on Steam.