This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• I received yet another lovely email from the Postmaster at work. Apparently our VA system is the first VA nationwide to have it's own Facebook and Twitter page! How exciting! Too bad we can't access those website at work. However, the email did mention that fact but encouraged we forward the email to our personal accounts and explore these pages at our leisure at home and share with other Veterans.

*sigh*
  • @Windupbird: In case you haven't noticed, you have a whole forum full of people to play L4D2 with.
  • Men across the hall from me are having a discussion about what's wrong with my company. It's fine, I just find it very distracting.
  • Can't decide how best to poison myself tonight. McDonald's, Wendy's, or Papa John's?
  • None of the above?
  • Can't decide how best to poison myself tonight. McDonald's, Wendy's, or Papa John's?
    I would rather go hungry.
  • Papa John's all the way. Nothing could be more destructive than dipping your greasy pizza into a buttery garlic sauce.
  • edited November 2009
    No one likes tasty fast food once in a while?
    Papa John's all the way. Nothing could be more destructive than dipping your greasy pizza into a buttery garlic sauce.
    See? He gets the game. And it always goes great with a beer. ^_^
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Apparently,marriage in Texas may be illegal.
    As much as I love to see the conservatives fail, even I think that's a stretch.
    Chick-Fil-A. It's not that poisonous, but to make up for it, get mayonnaise on your fries
  • No one likes tasty fast food once in a while?
    Well first you'd have to find me some tasty fast food that isn't a sub sandwich. Maybe teriyaki can fit in there, but it's a little stretch to say that it's fast.
  • edited November 2009
    Pappa's.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
    Chick-Fil-A. It's not that poisonous, but to make up for it, get mayonnaise on your fries
    Chick-Fil-A is run by Christian fundamentalists though, isn't it?
    My grandma is a Christian fundamentalist and I still eat the food she cooks... Carl's Jr. is the best as far as fast food goes though.
    My grandma is a Christian fundamentalist and I still eat the food she cooks... Carl's Jr. is the best as far as fast food goes though.
    But do you give your grandmother money?
    But do you give your grandmother money?
    Did chick-fil-a ever put you over their knee or bathe you?
  • Well I debated this decision for an hour. Finally decided, went home and found my brother had showed up for my birthday and we went and got steaks at the nice restaurant instead.
  • Chick-Fil-A is run by Christian fundamentalists though, isn't it?
    So is In & Out, but it's damn delicious.
    "Hit the bitch" is a fantastically misguided Danish PSA about domestic abuse. It's a flash game in which you beat up a woman, to raise your score from "pussy" to "gangsta". What the fuck, Denmark. They're apparently getting slammed with traffic right now, so you need to use a Danish proxy if you want to actually "play" it, but I think the picture says it well enough.
  • To get a permit for my classes in the spring you have to go to advisement to request a form to schedule a meeting (by phone call only) to sign a form to get special codes to sign up for classes. :(
  • @Funfetus: Why... why would they do that?
  • @Funfetus: Why... why would they do that?
    Well, apparently (I didn't "play" it to the end), once you make it to "100% gangsta", it changes to "100% idiot". Take THAT, abusers!
  • Well, apparently (I didn't "play" it to the end), once you make it to "100% gangsta", it changes to "100% idiot". Take THAT, abusers!
    I'm not a fan of design by committee, but this site clearly needed one.
  • edited November 2009
    @Funfetus: Why... why would they do that?
    I was going to make a domestic violence joke with this, but I can't bring myself to do it. That thing is just such a bad idea that I can't even use humor to defuse it. Really, what the fuck were they thinking?
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Fuck my useless calc book that doesn't give worked out examples to the extent that I can understand the material. Fuck WebAssign demanding the cylindrical shell method when the ring method for volumes is easier and faster. That is all.
  • Want help with calculus, then?
  • I used to know calculus.
  • Fuck WebAssign demanding the cylindrical shell method when the ring method for volumes is easier and faster.
    Agreed. Problems should never force you to use one method over another.
  • Want help with calculus, then?
    The assignment is due in 15 minutes and I have no idea where to begin asking for help on the 4 remaining problems. I'll be fine losing the points, but that doesn't change the fact that the material was not taught thoroughly enough. My lecture notes are primarily filled with Riemann sums that demonstrate why we can use an integral to find a solid of rotation, but our professor never has time to show us HOW to do so...which is what we need to know.

For instance, if someone could tell me how to even set up the integral for the volume of the rotation of region defined by the curves 27y=x3, y = 0, and x = 3 rotated about y = 1 (using the cylindrical shell method), you will have officially helped me more than my professor has in the past week.