This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Palin came to Rochester Saturday. My friends and I debated going and protesting, but we concluded that that would grant her legitimacy. As it's well known she's simply a troll, the best course of action is to ignore her and don't let her near political figures.
  • As it's well known she's simply a troll,
    I really don't think Palin is a troll. A troll doesn't believe in their own troll-speak. I'm pretty sure Palin legitimately believes everything she says. Ann Coulter is most definitely a troll.
  • Driving in DC: George, you are just now realizing that the traffic lights are fucked up in DC? Trying to drive in DC makes me cry. I refuse to do it without a turn-by-turn narrator.

Going Rogue, by Sarah Palin: Dear Diary, Today I was pompous and my husband was crazy... Today we were kidnapped by hill folk, never to be seen again. It was the best day ever. Still not King.
  • George, you are just now realizing that the traffic lights are fucked up in DC?
    To be fair, I've only done it about 5 times now.
  • I really don't think Palin is a troll. A troll doesn't believe in their own troll-speak. I'm pretty sure Palin legitimately believes everything she says. Ann Coulter is most definitely a troll.
    Touché.

And, Nuri, even with a turn-by-turn navigator, it's impossible. Gedavids and I can attest to that.
  • Gedavids and I can attest to that.
    That was the "two streets next to each with the same name." :P
  • I really don't think Palin is a troll. A troll doesn't believe in their own troll-speak. I'm pretty sure Palin legitimately believes everything she says. Ann Coulter is most definitely a troll.
    Touché.

And, Nuri,even with a turn-by-turn navigator, it's impossible.Gedavids and I can attest to that.
    Well, my turn-by-turn navigator lives in DC and talks to me on the earbuds as I tell him where I am. I know that's illegal in DC, but I can't drive anywhere in there without him talking me through it. Anyway, the point is moot since I have refused to drive into DC ever again. I will take some sort of mass transit to the city should I ever need to go there.

I could rant for several hours without repeating myself about the things that are wrong with the streets in DC.
  • edited November 2009
    I really don't think Palin is a troll. A troll doesn't believe in their own troll-speak. I'm pretty sure Palin legitimately believes everything she says. Ann Coulter is most definitely a troll.
    Touché.

And, Nuri,even with a turn-by-turn navigator, it's impossible.Gedavids and I can attest to that.
    Well, my turn-by-turn navigator lives in DC and talks to me on the earbuds as I tell him where I am. I know that's illegal in DC, but I can't drive anywhere in there without him talking me through it.
    Having to walk it on street level helps.

Also, what is everyone doing coming to DC and not telling me? Thanks a lot, guys.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • I had a bad-ass idea, but the FCC squashed it.

MUST FIND ANOTHER WAY! MUST DEFEAT THE FCC!
  • Joe, you wouldn't have liked the convention we were there for anyway. :P
  • It's amazing no matter how great life feels it can all come crashing down on me at a moment's notice. One minute I feel smart, talented, and well-liked, and the next I feel like throwing my worthless self out a window. I'm being overly dramatic but I feel outstandingly shitty right now, and I don't have anyone to turn to. The fact that I have to come here for some sort of emotional realease just makes it feel that much worse.
  • It's amazing no matter how great life feels it can all come crashing down on me at a moment's notice. One minute I feel smart, talented, and well-liked, and the next I feel like throwing my worthless self out a window. I'm being overly dramatic but I feel outstandingly shitty right now, and I don't have anyone to turn to. The fact that I have to come here for some sort of emotional realease just makes it feel that much worse.
    Hey now, you could do much worse than venting on THIS forum. Plus, lots of us have felt just like that at times. It sucks.
  • Plus, lots of us have felt just like that at times. It sucks.
    Yeah. Churba just found out he can't read.

• Yeah. Churba just found out he can't read.
    I've been doing it all these years without even thinking about it, it was quite a shock.
  • Are both Johnny Wander and Pictures for Sad Children down? I can't seem to visit their sites.
  • edited November 2009
    It's amazing no matter how great life feels it can all come crashing down on me at a moment's notice. One minute I feel smart, talented, and well-liked, and the next I feel like throwing my worthless self out a window. I'm being overly dramatic but I feel outstandingly shitty right now, and I don't have anyone to turn to. The fact that I have to come here for some sort of emotional realease just makes it feel that much worse.
    If it's any comfort, Nuri is correct that many, if not most, people share those feelings. I can tell you from experience that those feelings become less acute as you age, graduate, marry, find success at work, and so forth.

It might not sound good, but the best way I've found to deal with those feelings is immediate redirection. Even if you don't feel like it at first, try to do something to "reset" yourself. Physical activity can be a good way to do this. If you require more help than that, I suggest heavy drinking and smoking. Find a hookah bar and smoke up.

One more suggestion - try goat tears. Goat tears cure anything. The only hard part is getting the goats to cry.
    Joe, you wouldn't have liked the convention we were there for anyway. :P
    Yeah, that's what the cool kids always say to the sad little nerd before they ditch him.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • edited November 2009
    A new attorney in the office (so new she is not yet admitted to the bar) just called me into her office and attempted to ream me out for serving documents directly on a party instead of their attorney that recently appeared.
    I then pulled up the document and pointed out to her that the Certificate of Service that was signed by the senior partner and primary owner of the firm (who generated the documents to be served and CoS with his paralegal) and I only mailed them out because his paralegal went home early and she asked me to mail them for her. The CoS clearly listed the address of the interested party, not the newly entered attorney. I went off of the signed CoS without question as I had not worked on the file previously, had no familiarity with the file, and was simply asked to mail out the documents that were completed and signed by our boss. When I pointed this out she became incredibly confused and kept asking why I had put down the address of the interested party. When I attempted to explain it again she cut me off and said "Just don't let it happen again."
    At this point I said (as calmly as I could), "Tell me what I should have done differently. How was I to know that an attorney had appeared for the party when I was handed documents and told to mail them to the provided addresses already reviewed, approved, and signed by the senior partner?"
    She just stammered, so I left her office.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Thanks, I appreciate the kind words. I'm in a much better mood today.
  • Joe, you wouldn't have liked the convention we were there for anyway. :P
    Yeah, that's what the cool kids always say to the sad little nerd before they ditch him.
    Well, if you REALLY want to see kinky Santa, you can always come along next year!!

@Kate: Way to stand up for yourself, but major fail on the lady's part. One explanation should have been enough for her to back off and apologize.
  • Well, if you REALLY want to see kinky Santa, you can always come along next year!!
    Just make sure you get on the naughty list. It's more fun that way.
  • on behalf of my sister: appendicitis.
  • Really? Aww man. Poor kid. I used to be super scared of that.
    Aww, soo lame. Tell her to get well soon!
    Damn, that's rough, Poor old thing.
    Damn, that's rough, Poor old thing.
    My thoughts and condolences echo Churba's.
  • Thanks guys, you're awesome. I told her "Everyone on the internet sends their thoughts" and she chuckled. Hopefully her surgery will be tonight and she'll be at least well enough on thursday to enjoy some turkey.

Also, the appendix is apparently just a bag of poison. I didn't know this previously.
  • Also, the appendix is apparently just a bag of poison. I didn't know this previously.
    Yeah, it starts out as just a cluster of blood vessels and intestinal tissue, and upon infection becomes a big ol' sack of sepsis.
  • edited November 2009
    Yeah, speaking of which, turns out its not just regular ol' appendicitis, apparently it's infected, so she'll be surgered fairly soon.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Amazon.com taking FOREVER to upload my music. Well, at least it's up there. :)
  • My slim ps2 is near death. The top must be in just the right place for any games to work. I may spring for a new one since it's only $100, but I don't know.