This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• My slim ps2 is near death. The top must be in just the right place for any games to work. I may spring for a new one since it's only $100, but I don't know.
    For some reason, my Original PS2 is still kicking... o_o
  • Is old PS2s giving out a common problem? Mine still works perfectly fine.
  • When I worked for gamestop, The Old PS2 was more reliable than the new ones due to its better cooling ability.
  • Ah, I see. Plus, does it help keeping the console standing horizontal vs vertical?
  • So remember the minor scandal when Madonna kissed Brittany at the last AMA's? It was no big deal in the end, I imagine mostly because homophobes who are male have less of a problem seeing to chicks kissing than two dudes. This year's scandal had two dudes kissing and ABC viewers flipped their collective shit. I don't follow this stuff, but Lambert did an interview on CBS's The Early Show and came across as a pretty classy guy and even admitted that the oral sex thing was over the top. He did say that it wasn't the first racy thing to be on stage at the AMA's, and insisted that people are freaking out more because he is openly gay and did something openly gay guys do (the kissing, not the oral sex...I mean....well, you know what I mean).

Doublefail in that I picked up on any story involving American Idol, which I never watch.
  • @GreatTeacherMacRoss

The "massive volume of complaints" was ~150, all from the PTC. Fark should generate thousands of complaints every day for completely innocuous things to end this once and for all. Imagine if they received 10k complaints that "the word banana was used" on Will and Grace or whatever's on TV these days.
  • Is there any way to register a notice of no offence with these people?
  • Is there any way to register a notice of no offence with these people?
    "I was horribly offended by the lack of homoerotic acts in the most recent episode of Will and Grace or whatever the kids are watching these days."
  • I just got an e-mail from a friend who got the notes of another guy for a lecture. The original guy scanned just the pages of the notebook which is fine with me. What is not fine with me is that he put the images not as .jpg or what have you, put them into .docx Documents files instead and the files of course reached more than 5 mb each.
  • Red Ring of Death
  • Red Ring of Death
    The best advice I can give you is to just send it in as soon as possible. A bunch of my friends' 360's have red ringed lately, and none of the stupid "tricks" work. Although, my friend refrigerated his red ringed 360 and got it to work for a little bit longer before it happened again.
  • Kitchen...Oil...Everywhere...

Dear god, the cleaning. @_@
  • Kitchen...Oil...Everywhere...

Dear god, the cleaning. @_@
    Oh Jesus...that stuff is a bitch to clean up.
  • on behalf of my sister: appendicitis.
    Damn, that's rough, Poor old thing.
    I'm showing you guys' posts to my sister while she's in the hospital. She says, "Did he just call me old?"

She says thanks for your good wishes and as soon as she's allowed to use the computer (versus getting some rest), she'll be back here. With any luck, she'll be well enough for the post thanksgiving geekchat.
  • With any luck, she'll be well enough for the post thanksgiving geekchat.
    There will be one?
  • Appendicitis sucks Sonic, I hope she gets better.

My fail of the day is that I discovered that people at my lab talk behind others people's backs like there is no tomorrow. It kind of makes me sad how someone can give a fake smile to someone else :(
  • Here is an interesting fail I found.

Pregnant woman keeps trying for twins

Obviously there are our favorite arguments for her being irresponsible, etc. But what struck me as... interesting... were the choice of baby names. I'm not sure if this is a monstrous fail, or totally awesome.
    Just in case you're wondering what her children's names are (from youngest to the oldest):

Patrick – named after Sara's grandmother's surname of Patrick

Stephen -- named after his father

Malachai – named after a character in the horror film, Children of the Corn

Peppermint – named after mints she craved during pregnancy

Echo – named after a group of eco-campaigners who Stephen met during a job at work

Eli – named after another character in the film, Children of the Corn

Rogue – named after a character in the film, X-Men

Frodo – named after a hobbit in the film, The Lord of the Rings

Morpheus – named after a character in film, The Matrix

Artemis – named after a book character, Artemis Fowl

Blackbird – named after a gathering of blackbirds which flew onto Sara's lawn

Baudelaire – named after the Baudelaire orphans which featured in Lemony Snicket's film, A Series of Unfortunate Events

Voorhees – named after serial killer, Jason Voorhees in the horror movie, Friday The 13th
  • My friend and I just had a laughing fit from reading that list.
  • The weird thing is that the list is from youngest to oldest... Why did the names get more normal over time?
  • They're getting lazy.
  • edited November 2009
    They're getting lazy.
    Or she is finally taking their medication. :P
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited November 2009
    The banner ads I've seen on the forum sidebar today have been less than SFW.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • The banned ads I've seen on the forum sidebar today are less than SFW.
    Yeah, about that...
  • The banner ads I've seen on the forum sidebar today have been less than SFW.
    Obligatory
  • I keep the ads on. If I like something, I will click it. If I don't, I ignore it... but... "Hot Hot Hot Hinata". I think I'm going to gag. I saw some other dating crap on there too.
  • The banner ads I've seen on the forum sidebar today have been less than SFW.
    Obligatory
    No adblock on iPhone or school computers, bud.
  • No adblock on iPhone or school computers, bud.
    Or chrome.
    Or chrome.
    If you put yourself on the Dev channel, you can install extensions, including an AdBlock clone.
    Or chrome.
    If you put yourself on the Dev channel, you can install extensions, including an AdBlock clone.
    Well actually I'm on a fairly recent version of chromium. Where is this adblock clone you speak of?
  • Where is this adblock clone you speak of?
    It's not perfect, but it works okay. Seems to have some trouble blocking Flash at times.