This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Trusting that someone will actually do what they say they will do in the way that they say they will do it... and then they prove to be untrustworthy again.
  • My parents decided to take us to a really nice hotel for thanksgiving. It's so nice that the Apostolic church decided to have a convention here the exact same days. In essence they are having a large scale revival outside my door. I'm right across from the convention center, I can see it out my window. I've never seen so many denim skirts in my life. Pictures may follow.
  • I've never seen so many denim skirts in my life. Pictures may follow.
    I knew a girl in high school who enjoyed wearing denim maxi skirts. She was also baby-crazy and somewhat of an overbearing know-it-all. 3 days after we graduated, she shaved her head.

...Those skirts still terrify me.
  • I've re-discovered "Fundies Say the darndest things". It makes me rage and facepalm. Humanity, this fail is yours.
  • I just realized why I hate Twilight so much. It's just Inuyasha!
    Edward=Vampire Inuyasha
    Bella=Kagome
    Jacob=Koga
  • Oh geez.

• Welcome to a year ago, Sail. Though fitting for today.
  • edited November 2009
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Some back-story for the fail:
    I live in apartment meant for university students and university provides us with internet. Connection is super fast, but there is 3Gb limit per 24 hours, if you go over your internet turns into super slow mode.

And my fail is (as somebody might have guessed) I exceeded the limit. What's worse is that I just bought L4D2 yesterday so I really can't play it tonight. Luckily there is university's proxy to help with normal internet browsing, anything that goes trough the proxy isn't counted on the limit.
  • Went golfing with my dad yesterday (haven't done so in 6 months) and today all my golfing related muscles have been killing me.
  • So, about a week ago a friend and I planned to hang out in Manhattan the day after Thanksgiving, since I'm visiting family in Saugerties and she's visiting family in Poughkeepsie. Well, she just told me she's "too busy with schoolwork." Is anything cool happening in the City tomorrow?
    Edward=Vampire Inuyasha
    Bella=Kagome
    Jacob=Koga
    Ah, don't worry. Read the books, and you'll find a hundred other things to hate it for.
  • Read the books, and you'll find a hundred other things to hate it for.
  • edited November 2009
    Comic
    I wasn't thinking her vampire rules - it's her universe, she can do what she like, even if it does make 3/4 of the characters into sparkly, pretty, perfect mary-sues, and reduces the remaining quarter to set dressing. I really, really don't want to get started on the rest of it, because it will turn into a wall of text faster than you can blink. It's easier just to point out what I liked about the book - Since it's so popular, it was very easy to pirate online. List over.

For some actual (scary) Fail, A girl I know from back home, while I was chatting to her, Actually said that she thought breaking and entering to watch someone you hardly knew sleep was really romantic, and she wishes someone would do that to her.
    Even after I pointed out that it would be someone she didn't know breaking into her house, and watching her sleep.
    And she then called me "Just like all the other boys" and "really ungentlemanish" because I stated that anyone who did that to me would have a hard time keeping the same number of orifices they started with.

(Edit- This isn't out of the blue - she's a twilight fan, that being where she got the idea.)
    Post edited by Churba on
    Edward=Vampire Inuyasha
    Bella=Kagome
    Jacob=Koga
    Ah, don't worry. Read the books, and you'll find a hundred other things to hate it for.
    I wouldn't call that Inuyasha. I prefer to think Zero no Tsukaima as the bad version of Inuyasha.

And personally, I don't blame Stephanie Meyer for invented the Twilight series. I mean, she was a mormon wife. What else was she going to do with her life?
  • And personally, I don't blame Stephanie Meyer for invented the Twilight series. I mean, she was a mormon wife. What else was she going to do with her life?
    I can think of so many things that would be better for the younger generation. Like freebase crack.
  • What else was she going to do with her life?
    ZING! Hey-oh!
  • What else was she going to do with her life?
    ZING! Hey-oh!
    Ouch!
  • What the hell, are they kidding?
    Nope, and Zac Efron is rumoured to be playing Rocky. If that is the case, then I am definitely not seeing it.
  • GeoGeo
    edited November 2009
    What the hell, are they kidding?
    Nope, and Zac Efron is rumoured to be playing Rocky. If that is the case, then I am definitely not seeing it.
    What's could be a comparison by the sheer idiocy of this production?
    EDIT: You would see it under any other circumstance?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited November 2009
    GIMMIE DAT CHRISTIAN SIDE HUG DAT CHRISTIAN SIDE HUG

Post edited by Sail on
  • GIMMIE DAT CHRISTIAN SIDE HUG DAT CHRISTIAN SIDE HUG

I mean, do they really not want kids to hug "in the front"?
  • I mean, do they really not want kids to hug "in the front"?
    Yes. They're not kidding.
  • Nope, and Zac Efron is rumoured to be playing Rocky. If that is the case, then I am definitely not seeing it.
    I don't actually see what's wrong with that. Rocky is just a pretty boy who barely has any lines.
    What do you think is so bad about it?
  • Jackie Chan as the new Mr Myagi? Awesome!
  • Nope, and Zac Efron is rumoured to be playing Rocky. If that is the case, then I am definitely not seeing it.
    I don't actually see what's wrong with that. Rocky is just a pretty boy who barely has any lines.
    What do you think is so bad about it?
    You see the thing that I thing that is bad about it is because The Rocky Horror Picture Show is a really special movie because by itself it's an okay movie, but it is one of the rare instances in which the culture and the cult following around it really an enhances an otherwise silly and odd movie. I think this article will really explain it better than I can. My take is that I think the cast is irreplaceable and is fine the way it is, and I don't think it's one of those things that needs an update/remake.
  • edited November 2009
    I thinkthis articlewill really explain it better than I can. My take is that I think the cast is irreplaceable and is fine the way it is, and I don't think it's one of those things that needs an update/remake.
    I know plenty about the cult following of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I don't think that a remake is going to change anything. There seems to be this knee-jerk reaction with a lot of people to lose their shit about any update or remake of something they're nostalgic about. Here's the thing: After they make this movie, the 1975 movie will still exist, and people will still dress up and throw bread on Saturday nights. It's not going to change anything. So why get upset about it? Just don't go see it.

Also, the first movie was an adaptation of the stage show, so same difference, right?
    Post edited by Funfetus on