This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Lol, right now it's one of the coldest nights of the winter season and its oscillating between 14/25 °C.
  • I went on the bus to New Haven to go do something I do not care to discuss.
    Haha, the way you phrased that makes it sound like you were up to shady business dealings.
    I immediately got into my bath in scalding water and warmed up. I still have a tiny bit of feeling in my legs, but not much.
    One time it suddenly snowed last winter and I had worn sneakers which got totally soaked and frozen on the way home. I was walking with Alex and my feet hurt really bad, trudging through the snow. He told me that was a good sign, that that meant blood was still flowing properly. About halfway home, however, the pain stopped and I got worried. Once I got home, I ran my feet under hot water immediately, an extremely painful sensation as blood started to flow again. Frost nip sucks. Poor you!
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2010
    I immediately got into my bath in scalding water and warmed up. I still have a tiny bit of feeling in my legs, but not much.
    One time it suddenly snowed last winter and I had worn sneakers which got totally soaked and frozen on the way home. I was walking with Alex and my feet hurt really bad, trudging through the snow. He told me that was a good sign, that that meant blood was still flowing properly. About halfway home, however, the pain stopped and I got worried. Once I got home, I ran my feet under hot water immediately, an extremely painful sensation as blood started to flow again. Frost nip sucks. Poor you!
    Yeah, thanks. But I'm good now, and a cold seems unlikely since I've heard you don't actually get a cold by being out in the cold. Oh the lies and/or misnomers we're told as children...
    Post edited by Geo on
  • One time it suddenly snowed last winter and I had worn sneakers which got totally soaked and frozen on the way home. I was walking with Alex and my feet hurt really bad, trudging through the snow. He told me that was a good sign, that that meant blood was still flowing properly. About halfway home, however, the pain stopped and I got worried. Once I got home, I ran my feet under hot water immediately, an extremely painful sensation as blood started to flow again. Frost nip sucks. Poor you!
    Heh -- I've lived in Southern California my whole life, and it's actually snowed here a couple of times, very, very briefly. The first time I saw it, my stepbrother and I ran outside and started scraping snow off the grass and throwing snowballs at each other, and generally frolicking. Then, we got so excited that we just jumped into this huge --I want to say puddle, but it was basically a low point in my apartment complex's driveway that collected water to about 8 inches deep when it rained. So we jumped into that, instantly completely soaking our shoes and pants, and THE PAIN OH MY GOD THE PAIN. So we ran back to my apartment and stripped on the back patio, and my mom was like "wtf?"
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2010
    Heh -- I've lived in Southern California my whole life, and it's actually snowed here a couple of times, very, very briefly. The first time I saw it, my stepbrother and I ran outside and started scraping snow off the grass and throwing snowballs at each other, and generally frolicking. Then, we got so excited that we just jumped into this huge --I want to say puddle, but it was basically a low point in my apartment complex's driveway that collected water to about 8 inches deep when it rained. So we jumped into that, instantly completely soaking our shoes and pants, and THE PAIN OH MY GOD THE PAIN. So we ran back to my apartment and stripped on the back patio, and my mom was like "wtf?"
    I'm rofl'ing right now! I don't mean to laugh at your expense (unless you can look back at it and laugh), but it's pretty darn funny.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited January 2010
    cold seems unlikely since I've heard you don't actually get a cold by being out in the cold. Oh the lies and/or misnomers we're told as children...
    Well, you won't develop a cold by being exposed to the cold, but your immune system won't perform optimally at a lower temperature. The longer you're out in it, the less effective you are at fending things off.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I'm rofl'ing right now! I don't mean to laugh at your expense (unless you can look back at it and laugh), but it's pretty darn funny.
    Roffle away -- I know it's funny, which is why I posted it. :)
  • My birthday is less than ten days away...fuck getting old. XD
  • edited January 2010
    I'm rofl'ing right now! I don't mean to laugh at your expense (unless you can look back at it and laugh), but it's pretty darn funny.
    Roffle away -- I know it's funny, which is why I posted it. :)
    *Insert obligatory statement on how, being a new englander, I am hard as nails, and how Californians are wimps who don't know real cold*
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Californians are wimps whodon't know real cold*
    Fuck yeah, that's the only reason to live here!
  • You know, I thought I had seen some really stupid shit, both online and in real life, but this takes it to another level of idiocy that I had no clue existed.

• edited January 2010
    One time it suddenly snowed last winter and I had worn sneakers which got totally soaked and frozen on the way home. I was walking with Alex and my feet hurt really bad, trudging through the snow. He told me that was a good sign, that that meant blood was still flowing properly. About halfway home, however, the pain stopped and I got worried. Once I got home, I ran my feet under hot water immediately, an extremely painful sensation as blood started to flow again. Frost nip sucks. Poor you! DON'T DO THAT! Any flesh that has prolonged exposure to the cold should NOT be placed in hot water. Place frozen or near frozen areas in in warm water (around 100° F) or apply warm compresses for 30 minutes. Also, be careful not to rub at the skin and avoid the use of direct sources of heat like heating blankets and heating pads. This will also lessen that horrible pain sensation of dunking frozen bits into hot water.
    Hot water can further damage the tissue and (if you body temperature has dropped significantly) it can put you into shock.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • I just found out that the Protomen (who are now basically my favourite band) played in Greenville in October. Gah! I could have seen them!
  • DON'T DO THAT! Any flesh that has prolonged exposure to the cold should NOT be placed in hot water. Place frozen or near frozen areas in in warm water (around 100° F) or apply warm compresses for 30 minutes.
    It was warm. It's not like I put them in scalding water! It was typical shower temperature!
  • edited January 2010
    DON'T DO THAT! Any flesh that has prolonged exposure to the cold should NOT be placed in hot water. Place frozen or near frozen areas in in warm water (around 100° F) or apply warm compresses for 30 minutes.
    It was warm. It's not like I put them in scalding water! It was typical shower temperature!
    Okay! Cool! I just wanted to make sure no one hurts themselves because I care! Why the exclamation points?! !!!!!
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • !!!!!
    !!!!1!!!!11!11!!!!1!!
  • edited January 2010
    Okay! Cool! I just wanted to make sure no one hurts themselves because I care! Why the exclamation points?! !!!!!
    Because you shouted! IN ALL CAPS! OMG!
    Didn't you get hypothermia at some point?
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Okay! Cool! I just wanted to make sure no one hurts themselves because I care! Why the exclamation points?! !!!!!
    Because you shouted! IN ALL CAPS! OMG!
    Didn't you hypothermia at some point?
    I OMG'd because I don't want to see little Emi feet in pain. Poor Emi feet.

Yeah, I had hypothermia (was in hypothermia - I don't know how to phrase that correctly) when I was about 10. I had a high fever in the middle of winter and couldn't sleep. I didn't want to bother my Mom any more than I had to ascertain that I had a fever and to put me in bed, so I climbed into the empty bathtub (which was very cold in the middle of winter) and I fell asleep there for hours. I woke up to my Mom shaking me and pulling me out of the tub. My lips were blue and she had to call an ambulance. My temperature went from 102 (point something ) to 87 (point something). It wasn't a severe case, but the flux in temperature was bad - very bad.
  • This isn't a fail of any sort, it was actually a really fun time, but since people are talking about stories of being really cold, I submit this:

So the story here is that one winter during college, I was sledding on a hill with a couple friends. The bottom of the hill just happened to lead straight into a lake. We managed to be careful about stopping in time and not letting the sled keep going into the water, but eventually it did happen. Since we didn't want the sled to float out into the lake where it was too far to get, I volunteered to wade into the water to get the sled back. Since I was already soaked up to my waist, my friend said I should just sled straight into the lake. So I did. This is a picture of me after emerging.

Needless to say, we immediately went back to my dorm where I showered and changed clothes. Perhaps a bit stupid to do, but it was still awesome. I can honestly say I'm one of the few people to ever go there brave enough to challenge that lake. Especially in the middle of winter.
  • edited January 2010

EDIT: Real fail though, Chrome is causing my work computer to slow down quite noticeably despite being a pretty much top of the line laptop.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Fail of my vacation: Attempting to use GPS navigation in the DC area. In fact, let's just say that DC is the entirety of my vacational fail.
  • [Light Abomination]
    With some artistic know-how, some design work, and some electrical knowledge, I bet you could make a nifty chandelier similar to that.
  • Jay Reatard died.
  • wut.

Literally, there is no other way for me to respond. Just "wut."
  • WTF?! WTF?!
    So Pat is saying that they deserved this! If I believed in a hell, I would want this man to burn there for eternity.
    Oh, now I see why this racist-fuck-tard-ass-muncher-cum-guzzler-maggot-eater-pustule like this religion business - for the hope of righteous vengeance. Die in a fire. Die in a fucking fire.
    ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!
  • WTF?! WTF?!
    So Pat is saying that they deserved this! If I believed in a hell, I would want this man to burn there for eternity.
    Oh, now I see why this racist-fuck-tard-ass-muncher-cum-guzzler-maggot-eater-pustule like this religion business - for the hope of righteous vengeance. Die in a fire. Die in a fucking fire.
    ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!
    I take my hat off as we have lost a very talented and skilled man in the punk rock scene.
  • edited January 2010
    Fail 1: Just found out I have to open the truck weighing scale at 5:30 in the morning tomorrow. Crap.
    Fail 2: There is basically one big convention here in Brazil, it's called Campus Party. Since it's the only one it basically has everything but in little doses at specific times. It is a 7 day long con. I'll only be able to go the last 2 days and most of the things that are going to happen there I don't really care about. Should I try to go just because it's the only con of the year probably?
    Post edited by sucrilhos on
  • wut.

Literally, there is no other way for me to respond. Just "wut."
    WTF. Die in a MOTHERFREAKING FIRE Pat Robertson. And you wonder why people don't like Christians, when nimrods like you exist to tarnish our name with stupidy, bigotry, and idiocy.

I. Hate. Televangelism. Forever.