This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Yeah, it looks grim and the voter turn out is pretty low, from what I am reading (which sucks regardless of the outcome). How can people not have a say in something that will have a rather massive effects on both a local and national level?
    What are you reading? They are reporting record turn out on all the Boston papers and such?
    That was from word of mouth from a friend in Mass. I am glad he was wrong.
  • That was from word of mouth from a friend in Mass. I am glad he was wrong.
    Well still the more republican area's are seeing more turn out. I'm a bit conflicted on this race because Coakley really screwed up and it's hard for me to support someone who really f's up what should have been an easy campaign. That and they keep saying that this will cause the democrats to lose their 60 votes but did they really have 60 votes when it came down to it... Nope.
  • Due to BS office politics, it's looking like I won't be getting an office on the other side of the building with the rest of my team.
  • edited January 2010
    Someone's made an N64 flashcart with what looks like it might be 100% compatibility but, it's $200 and I have no idea how long it'll be available.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Internet drama is fun... but it starts to annoy me when, someone wh o talks lyk this lol, srsly, using way 2 many commas and BITCHING ABOUT HOW MY OPINION ON ANIMU IS WRONG!11111... calls me a weeaboo because my username has some Japanese in it. It then further annoys me when they declare themselves "too good" to continue the argument they started, dust off their jacket and declare themselves champion of the internet. I know my fuse is short, how do I laugh this off?

Low funds suck too. Natalie did hours of transcription work for her boss over the summer to make some extra money. It's January and they haven't paid her yet, blaming bureaucracy. Since she was working this particular summer job off the books and her boss is such a nice dude, we don't know if there's any way we can fight for that money. We're both in debt right now and can use any bit of pay we can get, so why the hell is it ok for $700 of work to be withheld for 6 months? >:(
  • edited January 2010
    BITCHING ABOUT HOW MY OPINION ON ANIMU IS WRONG!11111...

This is how you laugh it off.
    Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 2.5
    Part 3
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited January 2010
    Ms. Tsundere: Small Claims Court. You can file the Complaint and prosecute it yourself. If it's been six months, you need to be cognizant of the statute of limitations. Twelve months is a popular statutory period.

Granted, if you prevail, it will be probably be a taxable event (very, very likley, but I'm cautious about saying for sure because tax is not my bag and there might be a way to avoid tax depending on how you write the Complaint and what you ask for in it), but $ less taxes is better than no $ at all.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Nearly killed reenacting frogger in the crosswalk in front of work. I'm on a short-fuse today.
  • Mr. Hungry: Thank you. Ultimately it's up to Natalie what to do, but I'll let her know about this.

Sail: That actually did make me laugh it off, thank you!

George: Be more careful!
  • Oh mans, I love me some Gunshow.
  • I miss Custom Comics.
  • I miss Custom Comics.
    Can't say I'm familiar.
  • I spent way too long at the library today. Damn books and comics of interest...
  • I miss Custom Comics.
    Can't say I'm familiar.
    Oh my god dude.

My favorite of KC's many comic series.
  • That Gogol Bordello comic is more or less a perfect visual representation of the spirit of that band.
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2010
    Today, at around 12:00 PM, as I'm writing and planning this screenplay for the zombie movie. I get writer's block and I've been fervently trying to combat it...but to no avail. The reason why this is a fail is that I'm putting off and spending every single distraction and piece of free time (respectively) I have to write this screenplay. I have resolved to finish it and will not shove it aside to collect dust as I have my other projects, and I'm willing to give every single ounce of energy I have, even if I grow ill from the process.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Oh my god, I forgot how painful a leg cramp was until about 6 hours ago... @_@
  • Internet drama is fun... but it starts to annoy me when, someone wh o talks lyk this lol, srsly, using way 2 many commas and BITCHING ABOUT HOW MY OPINION ON ANIMU IS WRONG!11111... calls me a weeaboo because my username has some Japanese in it. It then further annoys me when they declare themselves "too good" to continue the argument they started, dust off their jacket and declare themselves champion of the internet. I know my fuse is short, how do I laugh this off?
    Sounds to me like that kid is very insecure with fears of failing and getting criticised. They have mental issues that you don't have. I don't see any reason not to laugh. It's just an under-aged kid trying to compliment himself. Or a 'troll', which is just as hilarious.
  • My work computer is acting strange, like how school computers would act when the teacher was watching.
  • Oh my god, I forgot how painful a leg cramp was until about 6 hours ago... @_@
    Shin splints are bad, too. A month of relaxation followed by a sudden return to a walking campus and putting several miles underfoot everyday? Ow.
  • I had seen that Can't Touch Mormon Jesus video before, but I had never seen the original. This reminds me so much of that South Park Scientology explanation it's crazy.

• BRB, planning expatriation.
    Got a particular Deathtrap designed by a malicious psychotic Dungeon master god who hates you in mind?
  • Got a particular Deathtrap designed by a malicious psychotic Dungeon master god who hates you in mind?
    I might, if marine bio works out...

Australia is biker-friendly, yeah?
  • Australia is biker-friendly, yeah?
    Yeah, no worries - very biker friendly. Lots of great roads, lots of very good, fun roads to ride. My only advice - get your international licence, bike and car, before you come over -the aussie licensing system is utter bullshit, but if you come over with a license, it's either "present your license, get a new one automatically" or "Do a test to prove you have your shit down, then get license automatically if you pass" - it's ten times easier that way.
  • Australia is biker-friendly, yeah?
    Yeah, no worries - very biker friendly. Lots of great roads, lots of very good, fun roads to ride. My only advice - get your international licence, bike and car, before you come over -the aussie licensing system is utter bullshit, but if you come over with a license, it's either "present your license, get a new one automatically" or "Do a test to prove you have your shit down, then get license automatically if you pass" - it's ten times easier that way.
    I'll probably be in the US until I lock down at least a Masters, so I think I can manage that.
  • I'll probably be in the US until I lock down at least a Masters, so I think I can manage that.
    Piece of piss, then - Fuel is slightly more expensive, I warn you, however, you can still fill up your tank for a good few days of constant riding(depending on the bike, of course) for about 15-20 bucks. For just regular day to day riding, you're looking at maybe that much lasting you about a week.