This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• We lost the baby.
    Fuck!
  • Fuck!
    As in try again? You could've phrased that differently.

I'm sad to hear that Jason, I hope this won't result in you two to stop becoming parents.
  • Wow, I'm so sorry Jason. I can't imagine being in your position. My thoughts (and prayers, regardless of whether or not you want them) go out to you and your wife.
  • With my amazing ability to fail, I brought my netbook - which spontaneously self-destructed, no doubt due to it's proximity to me - to be replaced, only to find I left the receipt behind.

Also expanding on my ability to fail, I am tempted to make a horrible dark joke about losing babies, but that would be in poor taste and insensitive. I hope you are holding up well.
  • Fuck!
    As in try again? You could've phrased that differently.
    Nah, it's perfect. An exclamation of empathy, coupled with good advice. I'll say the same:
    Fuck.
  • Yeah, sometimes fuck is the only word that makes sense.

Fuck.
  • I'm so sorry to hear that. You both have my sincerest condolences. My thoughts are with you and your wife through this difficult time.
  • We lost the baby.
    Fuck!
  • Damn, it's not often a post in this thread really gets me down. This is one of those times.
  • I can't imagine how that must feel, Jason. I'm sure this is one of the hardest things a person can go through -- best wish to you and your wife in dealing well with it and moving forward.
  • I'm at a loss for words :( Hope you guys can bounce back and look to the future.
  • We've calmed down. Lisa is going to the hospital in the morning for, well, you know. I'm drinking heavily, and doing all the cooking in advance for the rest of the week. Thank you all for your support. I cried tonight for the first time in a long time. The doctor told us Lisa's body was rejecting the fetus because of a chromosomal abnormality, so we're going to have some additional testing done to see about preventing future defects. Yes, we're already talking about time lines for trying again. We really want a little guy in our lives.

On a side note, my mother had the fucking balls to tell me that everything happens according to a plan. She meant god, of course. That was dangerous territory to enter. If her god killed my son, then he'd better fucking look out, because I'm coming after him next.
  • The doctor told us Lisa's body was rejecting the fetus because of a chromosomal abnormality, so we're going to have some additional testing done to see about preventing future defects.
    I'm not sure how much comfort this is, but that happens relatively routinely. A lot of zygotes don't even make it more than a week or so because of gross defects. The testing is a good idea, though.

Best of luck to both of you.
    On a side note, my mother had the fucking balls to tell me that everything happens according to a plan.
    She meant well - most likely - but that's definitely aggravating.
  • On a side note, my mother had the fucking balls to tell me that everything happens according to a plan.
    She meant well - most likely - but that's definitely aggravating.
    Yes, he is right. She means well. I understand it's painful, and that's the last thing you want to hear (or should be told), but it's all she knows. What she means is simply that life will continue on, and that there's nothing you could do. It's not your fault, as sad as it is. Give it time.
  • I'm really sorry, Jason. I know you and Lisa were thinking about parenthood a lot, and were really excited. This is very sad. I hope you both feel better, and that someday your wishes are fulfilled.
  • On a side note, my mother had the fucking balls to tell me that everything happens according to a plan. She meant god, of course. That was dangerous territory to enter. If her god killed my son, then he'd better fucking look out, because I'm coming after him next.
    Well said. Well said.
  • I double post because this post is not as important as the one dealing with the bigger fail above, but my landlady will not give me back my security deposit, even though I left her the keys to a sparkling clean empty apartment (with new tenants I found on craiglist interested in moving in) the day before my lease ended. She yelled at me and says it is because I only told her I was moving out 2 and a half weeks before my end date. (I didn't know I was moving to Queens until then! The house still hadn't fallen through!) It says nothing about that in the lease. The only mention of notice of intent to vacate is when one is on a month-to-month, and I was still under my lease! This is complete horse-shit. My other landlord (the brother) says - get this - that I can have half back because I was a good tenant. I want it all back! I upheld my lease perfectly, and you got my rent on time every month, sometimes even early! As my mom says: All landlords are scum!

I want my $620 back, you old bag!
  • @Gomidog
    Wow, landlords are dumb. Seriously. Such money-grubbers, and you think they'd be nicer when their only job is to own property and rent it...
  • We lost the baby.
    You have my sincere condolences. I can't imagine how it would feel to lose a child.
  • You have my sincere condolences. I can't imagine how it would feel to lose a child.
  • You have my sincere condolences. I can't imagine how it would feel to lose a child.
    We really feel for you. You can always nestle into the arms of the FRC for support.
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2010
    We lost the baby.
    You have my sincere condolences. I can't imagine how it would feel to lose a child.
    We really feel for you. You can always nestle into the arms of the FRC for support.
    This.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • We lost the baby.
    Fuck!
  • Posted By: Diagoras of ThebesYou have my sincere condolences. I can't imagine how it would feel to lose a child.
    This. I'm so very sorry.
  • Jason, I am sorry to hear your news. I my thoughts are with you and Lisa.
  • That's so weird, Jason. I know you said it was some sort of chromosomal abnormality. Did you have any warning?

It's hard to say just what everyone else says when it's probably cold comfort, but please know that there are people here who care about you and who will be thinking of you.
  • I saw an rather overweight older woman walking around Planet Fitness with a McDonald's milk shake in hand. I expect this is the last time I'll see her there... OH! And she smelled like cigarette smoke.
  • Local Councilman Pushes for Prayer at Council Meetings
    The differences between the religious and the atheists are truly irreconcilable.
  • edited January 2010
    Local Councilman Pushes for Prayer at Council Meetings
    The differences between the religious and the atheists are truly irreconcilable.
    I completely disagree. This isn't an atheist v. believer issue. This a church v. state issue. This is not only offensive to atheist, agnostics, humanists and non-Christians, but also to any Christian that values the separation between chuch and state.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on