This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• See, the race I like is who can pee thelongest, because that's a direct indication of your ability to hold it, which is a direct indication of your fortitude.
    Or bladder size. There are some women on my floor that rival Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds or Austin Powers.
  • edited January 2010
    which is a direct indication of your fortitude
    Or a direct indication of the size of your bladder.
    EDIT: Or even your ability to let it out slowly.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • See, the race I like is who can pee thelongest, because that's a direct indication of your ability to hold it, which is a direct indication of your fortitude.
    Not really, at least for me. I can go to the rest room when I don't need to pee and let it just drip for a while, but who has that kind of time?
    *Wow, even I feel like I am treading into TMI territory.
  • It's amazing what topics just take off like a rocket on this forum.
    Pee is a great conversation starter. It freaks the squares and causes giggles for the fun people.
    Pee is a great conversation starter. It freaks the squares and causes giggles for the fun people.
    I have no problem talking about bodily functions. We do it everyday. Why should it be considered taboo?
  • edited January 2010
    I pee-bombed the forum! ^_~
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • I pee-bombed the forum!
    I poop-bombed the forum as while ago. ^_~
  • edited January 2010
    Once the flow clamps down,you're golden.
    This was funny the first time, and maybe the second...possibly the third as well, but it is no longer funny.
    You know what I'm more tired of, people commenting on whether something is funny when it's used again. If someone posts a picture to describe their point it's better then if they just said "Oh I see what you did there" I for one love when people get the point they want to get across via a picture.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Eww, arhggg! MAN BEAST WOMAN THING!

Just *twich* to much *twich* Otaku thing.......
  • You know what I'm more tired of, people commenting on whether something is funny when it's used again. If someone posts a picture to describe their point it's better then if they just said "Oh I see what you did there" I for one love when people get the point they want to get across via a picture.
  • There is so much pee-related lore connected to Kate.
  • edited January 2010
    There is so much pee-related lore connected to Kate.
    I don't even think I have shared that much of it. Beyond the pee revenge and the multi-colored chemo pee I have stories about drinking fairy pee, harvesting cat urine for biological warfare purposes (including WWII style posters promoting civilians to collect cat urine), a cow pee story (icky!), etc.
    EDIT: I just read that. WTF?! WHO AM I?
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • edited January 2010
    Class rankings just came out. 3.0 is the middle of the class. That means our school curved to a B average instead of a C average. This means there is only 1 grade point (4) above the average, while there are 3 grade points (0, 1, 2) below the average. What the fuck? C is supposed to the the average. (I made it into the top 25%, which I still have to bring up to keep my fellowship, but I expected that I'd be below the threshold I needed, so that wasn't a huge shock.)
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • in Grad school a B is average. A class doesn't count if you get a C.
  • edited January 2010
    in Grad school a B is average. A class doesn't count if you get a C.
    The problem is that it creates less distinction between C, B, and A. The teachers can only award grades on certain degrees. A, A-, B+, and B are the only degrees of separation between top and average now. That means they have to take every student in the top 50% and rank each of them at one of those levels. It's a much less precise and fair way of doing rankings, because the professors are only given two intermediate steps between the very top and the middle. With a C middle, the profs have a much better way to divide up and rank the students in the top 50%. That is the whole POINT of having a 4 point grading system.

EDIT: Also, this is law school, not grad school. Everyone in the school is on the same curriculum, so a C-based curve is not the same concept as in a varied Grad school.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • Welcome to grade inflation.
  • There is so much pee-related lore connected to Kate.
    If Kate has a funny pee story, does that make it a "pee-laugh"?
  • in Grad school a B is average. A class doesn't count if you get a C.
    The problem is that it creates less distinction between C, B, and A. The teachers can only award grades on certain degrees. A, A-, B+, and B are the only degrees of separation between top and average now. That means they have to take every student in the top 50% and rank each of them at one of those levels. It's a much less precise and fair way of doing rankings, because the professors are only given two intermediate steps between the very top and the middle. With a C middle, the profs have a much better way to divide up and rank the students in the top 50%. That is the whole POINT of having a 4 point grading system.

EDIT: Also, this is law school, not grad school. Everyone in the school is on the same curriculum, so a C-based curve is not the same concept as in a varied Grad school.
    I figured Law-School and Grad School worked the same way. But it would figure that law school would be bitchier :-p
  • MAN BEAST WOMAN THING!
    You know not of which you speak.
  • Apparently there was a shooting today on the same block as my apartment. I hope I'll be able to get home today :(
  • If you want to have distinction between students, stop using a freaking letter scale and just use a 100/10+decimal scale. I mean, that's the entire argument behind Fahrenheit, more fine grained than Celsius, if you ignore decimals of course.
  • If you want to have distinction between students, stop using a freaking letter scale and just use a 100/10+decimal scale. I mean, that's the entire argument behind Fahrenheit, more fine grained than Celsius, if you ignore decimals of course.
    That is what I would prefer. Why use 4 letters when you could use 50 numbers? Surely this would be a more appropriate way to divide up 200 students.
    Except that they were retarded and decided that water would freeze and boil (at atmospheric pressure) at 32 and 212 degrees respectively.
  • edited January 2010
    Except that they were retarded and decided that water would freeze and boil (at atmospheric pressure) at 32 and 212 degrees respectively.
    No, Fahrenheit was scaled based on a frigorific mixture (0) and body temperature from the mouth or armpit (~97), and then adjusted to even out the boiling point of mercury at 600 degrees.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited January 2010
    MAN BEAST WOMAN THING!
    She does know she's saying "kowaii", right? Right?

Wait, this is parody, right? Nobody can fail that hard with chopsticks.

In other news, they're shutting power off in my apartment building in 21 minutes, until 5am. A minor fail, but I worry about the things in my fridge.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
    edited January 2010
    but I worry about the things in my fridge.
    Keep it closed.
    22 minutes ago edited
    Fuck.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Except that they were retarded and decided that water would freeze and boil (at atmospheric pressure) at 32 and 212 degrees respectively.
    No, Fahrenheit was scaled based on a frigorific mixture (0) and body temperature from the mouth or armpit (~97), and then adjusted to even out the boiling point of mercury at 600 degrees.
    That's irrelevant. When you make a decision, you're responsible for the consequences as well.

Besides that, you'll note that the scale was later readjusted so that the difference between the freezing and boiling points became exactly 180 degrees. The fact is that Fahrenheit picked poor reference points.
  • She does know she's saying "kowaii", right? Right?

Wait, this is parody, right? Nobody can fail that hard with chopsticks.
    Two words - The Hambeast.
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2010
    My poor kitty has a cold and it is sad to hear him sneeze every few minutes or so.
    Post edited by Geo on