This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• I advise you unfriend her.
  • Ah! Okay, I thought she was your SISTER sister.

Well, now that I know that, screw it.
  • I watched about 25 minutes of The Notebook tonight. While I'm predisposed to disliking that sort of movie, I can honestly say, without my bias interfering, that it's trash. Really. Just trash.
  • I watched about 25 minutes ofThe Notebooktonight. While I'm predisposed to disliking that sort of movie, I can honestly say, without my bias interfering, that it's trash. Really. Just trash.
    Is very suprised by this.
  • Is very suprised by this.
    That I watched 25 minutes of the movie, or that I thought it was trash?
  • I watched about 25 minutes ofThe Notebooktonight. While I'm predisposed to disliking that sort of movie, I can honestly say, without my bias interfering, that it's trash. Really. Just trash.
    Is very suprised by this.
    The first 25 minutes was all Lisa could watch before breaking down into a pile of tears (this is several years ago). On a similar note, at least she didn't cry after watching Star Wars.

• The first 25 minutes was all Lisa could watch before breaking down into a pile of tears
    Well, the movie is basically scientifically formulated to make women cry. It's so transparent it's actually painful.

Climate fail: On Monday, the high in Albany was nearly 60 F. Right now, 4 days later, it's 8 (and also windy, so it's really something like -10 out there). 52 degree drop in 4 days? Fuck. My sinuses are all out of whack as a result.
  • Lately I've been switching 'thing' and 'think' when I type quickly.
  • Battlefield Bad Company 2 Limited Edition Unlockables - So I have to pay for a game which I will be playing online against other people who may have better stuff, simply because they paid more.. Excuse me?
  • edited January 2010
    So I have to pay for a game which I will be playing online against other people who may have better stuff, simply because they paid more.. Excuse me?
    They just get unlocked right away, instead of having to get experience for it. I haven't seen the non-limited edition for sale on Steam, so I don't even know what the price difference will be. But I agree that it is sorta bullshit. Still, the game is hella fun.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited January 2010
    Urgh.. RPG bullshit in my FPSs..
    BFBC2 just got kicked down below NS2.

Wow.. the deluxe version of NS2 is surprisingly cheap.. but has nothing I want. Going to wait until I can buy it through Steam and get the standard version.
    If they can sell a game I'm going to play a whole lot for just £10 (Even though most people got the £20 ver.), this is a good sign of things to come.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Urgh.. RPG bullshit in my FPSs..
    You do know that this has been in every battlefield game since BF2, right?
  • Urgh.. RPG bullshit in my FPSs..
    You do know that this has been in every battlefield game since BF2, right?
    Yeah, I wish they'd stop it, it's really alienating for new players.
  • Lately I've been switching 'thing' and 'think' when I type quickly.
    We should have a "Think of Your Day" thread.
  • Climate fail: On Monday, the high in Albany was nearly 60 F. Right now, 4 days later, it's 8 (and also windy, so it's really something like -10 out there). 52 degree drop in 4 days? Fuck. My sinuses are all out of whack as a result.
    Arctic cold front came through. Or didn't you notice all the snow yesterday that was the precip from the front? That's kind of how weather works. Masses of air moving around. Very sciencey.
  • Arctic cold front came through. Or didn't you notice all the snow yesterday that was the precip from the front? That's kind of how weather works. Masses of air moving around. Very sciencey.
    Yes, but this week has been extra sciencey. Even still, a 50 degree drop in the span of days is a pretty harsh cold front.
  • We're getting it in Illinois. It was above freezing on Saturday, and now I can't walk outside without teetering on the verge of frostnip.
  • Yeah, Pete similar here. It was 60 Monday, yesterday was bitchass windy, and now it's 25 mid day. My heat pump was struggling to warm up my apartment this morning.
  • Yeah, Pete similar here. It was 60 Monday, yesterday was bitchass windy, and now it's 25 mid day. My heat pump was struggling to warm up my apartment this morning.
    It's still bitchass windy here. Gusting somewhere around 40 mph, and the standing air temperature is 15 F. So, it's somewhere around "woman" when it's gusting. My tire pressure monitor triggered this morning because the cold snap contracted the air.
  • My heat pump was struggling to warm up my apartment this morning.
    Heat pump? Sounds science-y.
  • Walked home from school in Rochester's typical Woman weather. Not fun. Oh well, at least I'm home now and midterms are done.
  • Heat pump? Sounds science-y.
    It is quite science-y, it's an air-conditioner working in reverse.
  • Walked home from school in Rochester's typical Woman weather. Not fun. Oh well, at least I'm home now and midterms are done.
    Nice. I've got one last on on Monday.
  • Public transit is once again failing to be priced anywhere in the realm of reasonable. Fuck Amtrak.
  • It is quite science-y, it's an air-conditioner working in reverse.
    JUST REMOVE THE PLUG FROM THE OUTLET AND FLIP IT DERPHERP! (sorry, just felt like a silly thought)
  • JUST REMOVE THE PLUG FROM THE OUTLET AND FLIP IT DERPHERP! (sorry, just felt like a silly thought)
    Just reverse the polarity!
  • JUST REMOVE THE PLUG FROM THE OUTLET AND FLIP IT DERPHERP! (sorry, just felt like a silly thought)
    Just reverse the polarity!
    of the neutron flow?
  • I found an awesome deal on a surplus server (quad-core, 4GB RAM, 2x250GB Drives) for only $129 a month! I got it setup with freeBSD 7.2 64-bit and was all set to move a bunch of websites over to it when I hit a wall.

I installed gmirror and when I went to add the second drive into the array I found out that the physical geometry of the drives were different! The second drive was too small!!!

I asked them to swap the drives or something and I have not heard back. Think I'll be getting a refund and going elsewhere.

What kind of server company uses different drives of the same size in their servers? What if in the future one of my drives goes bad and they swap in a drive with the wrong physical geometry?
  • Yeah, I wish they'd stop it, it's really alienating for new players.
    To be fair, in BF2, they did it right. You got unlocks and levels with experience, and it showed you games at your experience level - though you could chose to join higher level games - So that most of the time, while you might not have the unlocks for every class, everyone on that server would have roughly the same level of unlocks.
  • edited January 2010
    But they could have still let everyone choose what load-out they wanted from the very beginning and kept the ranking separate. Is it so bad of me to want to get better at a game by working things out rather than just putting hours in?

Death to the grind!
    Post edited by Omnutia on