This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• The girl I am currently chasing after seems to enjoy the romantic company of my roommate more than mine.
    Ouch. That sucks.

So my company is laying off lots of people, including some of the supervisors at my call center. Apparently, one supervisor was suspended for telling her team to do something that she was just told they couldn't do.
  • edited February 2009
    It isn't, but when discussing movies, the two words mean different things. An adaptation is a movie that has never been made before, but is based on a previously existing work of fiction. A remake, on the other hand, is when you make a movie based on a movie that has already been made. The terms are not interchangeable.
    I know they are not interchangeable, nor did I use them as such.
    Noting my original post,
    With that attitude, you might as well also say they shouldn't make movies out of books.
    Were I using the terms interchangeably, I would've said
    With that attitude, you're also saying they shouldn't make movies out of books.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I know they are not interchangeable, nor did I use them as such.
    I believe I said that I got that.
    I see where you were trying to go with your original post.
    Your reply about this not being a debate of terminology sounded like you were accusing I Lost Count of splitting hairs, which he wasn't.
  • Just seemed like you were explaining the terms to me unnecessarily.
    I wanted to keep the debate focused, and though I lost count wasn't splitting hairs there, he is wont to do so often.
  • For some reason Gmail isn't working for me at all on my laptop. It's like http://mail.google.com/ has dropped off the map, both with Firefox and Safari. I'm having to check mail on my iPod Touch.
  • I wanted to keep the debate focused,
    It's a discussion started by a fanboy who doesn't like the fact that there are people out there who want to attempt to bring good stories back into the spotlight, or at least make them more noticeable to the average Joe. In other words, there is no discussion, since how can that be bad?
  • For some reason Gmail isn't working for me at all on my laptop. It's like http://mail.google.com/ has dropped off the map, both with Firefox and Safari. I'm having to check mail on my iPod Touch.
    Now yahoo mail isn't working either! What the hell is going on?
  • edited February 2009
    Marty Biron is a fucking idiot.

Oh yeah, and the Pittsburgh Commentators are the most horrible broadcasters I have ever had to listen to.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • The girl I am currently chasing after seems to enjoy the romantic company of my roommate more than mine.
    This is now more or less official. Fuck.
    I feel your pain, friend.
    Shit happens. I'm sorry to hear that, but just move on and hopefully another female will come into your life.
  • edited February 2009
    I find your choice of words amusing Ro.

If it's any consolation, you're probably better for the encounter. To have loved and lost is better than to have been too scared to ever feel.

Not that I'm a complete hypocrite by saying that. If the right* female comes along..
    *Any female with anything more than a passing interest in me.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I find your choice of words amusing Ro.
    Well when it gets down to it, Li Akahi is young. Girls come and go. Sure it sucks she's more into his roommate, but similar situations have happened to me in the past. The point is to just go with the flow. No need to worry and mope about it. There are worse things in life to be sad about. Enjoy it.

Seriously, was the girl "all that and a bag of chips"? Probably not.
  • Got to the radio station today, ready for the show, pages upon pages of show notes in hand, everything ready - and there's a sign on the door that says "Only Pre-recorded shows till 8PM Thanks, Barry"

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Barry has all of our emails on a group email list - it would have taken 60 seconds, literally, to tell us beforehand - he's the tech guy, he knows this, and didn't do it for some reason.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
  • edited February 2009
    NSFW, via SA's ADTRW forum.
    -5 to faith in humanity.
    +2 to bizarre fascination with depravity.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • NSFW, via SA's ADTRW forum.
    -5 to faith in humanity.
    +1 to cranial gangrene to those who haven't maxed out that trait already.
    -5 to faith in humanity.
    That was really kinda disturbing.
    -2 to disturbances.
    +1 to lulz.
    +3 to hilarious instance of 'copping a feel'.
    Vim increased by 1 point(s).
  • edited February 2009
    Wall-e only got one Oscar.
    EDIT: My fail actually extends into the fact that Harvey Korman was not even in the dead people reel.image
    Me and my roommate, Joe, watching the Academy Awards.
    Soda cans that I crushed with both my hands and palpable anger.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • I did not check my pockets while starting laundry tonight. The result: a non-functional iPod. What's more, I lack the funding to afford another right now, being poor and all.
    -2 to disturbances.
    +1 to lulz.
    +3 to hilarious instance of 'copping a feel'.
    Vim increased by1point(s).
    Too bad your IMAGINATION stat is too low to come up with a cool name for yourself.
    Neito performs Level 2 Sleuth Diplomacy!
    It's SUPER EFFECTIVE.
  • I stupidly burnt my left thumb on the coffee maker 10 mins ago. It hurts like balls.
  • I just got an email from a college that said I didn't meet the deadline for submitting my transcripts. Bitch, please. I had it sent certified mail.
  • I just got an email from a college that said I didn't meet the deadline for submitting my transcripts. Bitch, please. I had it sent certified mail.
    Did you get a return receipt?
  • edited February 2009
    I just got an email from a college that said I didn't meet the deadline for submitting my transcripts. Bitch, please. I had it sent certified mail.
    Did you get a return receipt?
    Yeah. With a signature.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • AMV Hell /0.
  • Oscar fail: Mickey Rourke did not receive an Academy Award for The Wrestler. Granted, I have yet to see Milk, but I'm confident that Rourke's acting was superior.
    Everything is sorted out now. Apparently, someone threw my letter in the wrong pile.
  • edited February 2009
    I lost two rolls of film I needed for my photography class. The project isn't due for some time, so I can re-shoot. But the mere idea I would lose them boggles my mind.
    Post edited by Diagoras on