This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• I also enjoy the blueberry muffins.
  • That had absolutely nothing to do with my license.
    my road test in Alabama
    It'd better have something to do with you obtaining your driver's license.
    Maybe I didn't say that right. I took driver's ed in the tenth grade. It was for a credit towards graduating and it lowered my insurance. Totally separately, I took my road test for my license after having my permit for 6 months, and I took it at the local courthouse. They never even asked if I had taken driver's ed.
  • edited February 2009
    I also enjoytheblueberry muffins.
    Are you making fun of my attempt to post in dialect? Noob no kuse ni namaiki da na, bouya...
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited February 2009
    Are you making fun of my attempt to post in dialect? Noob no kuse ni namaiki da na, bouya...
    No, I put that in the sarcasm green color so Mr. Period would realize that I typed the 'the' there on purpose.
    Oh, and ?????????????? ^_^ I don't know what this romaji is you speak of.
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
  • edited March 2009
    え?びっくりしたじゃん!日本語わかるの?
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • ????????
    I know very little Japanese, but I intend on taking classes at a local college in the near future.
  • ムン言語!
  • ?????
    ???????.
  • I do like me some blueberry muffins.
    I also enjoy the blueberry muffins.
    I like them as well, though lemon poppy seed is by far the superior flavor. But dark chocolate cherry orange peel does sound awesome.
  • I do like me some blueberry muffins.
    I like them as well, though lemon poppy seed is by far the superior flavor. But dark chocolate cherry orange peel does sound awesome.
    While lemon poppy seed is indeed awesome, I prefer a well-made blueberry muffin any day.
  • tenth grade[...]it lowered my insurance.
    I understand now, but I'm running out of desks.
  • Can we get back to fails?
  • I just found out that (using firefox on a mac) holding down alt when clicking on a link downloads the target immediately. And I've been doing right click "save as..." all this time.
  • edited February 2009
    Isn't it easier just to hold down right click, move along to "save as.." and then let go? Might make bulk downloading easier to do it your way but you'd be better served by something like DTA.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Isn't it easier just to hold down right click, move along to "save as.." and then let go?
    You think there is difference between holding down a mouse button and a keyboard button? Nice discovery Luke, sadly it doesn't appear to work under Linux.
  • As I have a macbook and use it all the time, I've almost completely stopped using a mouse, just relying on the touchpad. Right clicking is easy enough by tapping with two fingers, but there isn't a right mouse button under the pad. If I use this technique I have to dual tap, lift fingers, then with one finger go to the "save as..." If you don't lift your fingers after the double tap you end up scrolling, not right clicking. Anyway, it's fiddly. Ctrl and a tap (or click on the touchpad button) is a right click, so that is what I'd normally do to get to the context menu. I discovered the alt click for download thing by mistake when I was wanting to download a list of 30 audio files. It made it very, very quick indeed.
  • The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck is still out of stock on Amazon. It's been almost four months now since I tried ordering it for the first time.
  • The first 4 pages of my comic suck compared to the present ones. I'm thinking of doing them over or just chalking it up to art evolution when people read it. It happens to webcomics all the time.
  • I have (once again) not had any time to work on my comic.
  • There's tons of snow outside and I can't play in it with Froborr because we're both sick. This sucks! It's the first time we had significant play snow!
  • So, I was effectively evicted from my apartment yesterday. All of my stuff was thrown to the curb, I'm worried my desktop is broken, and I can't find my phone, ds, or terabyte hard drive with all of my data on it. I am not pleased by this circumstance.

Now I'm staying at my mom's place in downstate NY, until I either fly out to CA or find a job in the City.

• Eh, I don't really like Green Day anymore, but for the fans it's about time. I don't even know how many years I've not heard of them in the news with a new album.
    So, I was effectivelyevictedfrom my apartment yesterday. All of my stuff was thrown to the curb, I'm worried my desktop is broken, and I can't find my phone, ds, or terabyte hard drive with all of my data on it. I am not pleased by this circumstance.

Now I'm staying at my mom's place in downstate NY, until I either fly out to CA or find a job in the City.
    That sucks man, I hope you can get your stuff back and find a good job somewhere.
  • edited March 2009
    Never click the random page button on Encyclopedia Dramatica.. especially if you have a bizarre fascination with depravity or have ever had one of those "but how bad could it be?" experiences.
  • Never click the random page button on Encyclopedia Dramatica.. especially if you have a bizarre fascination with depravity or have ever had one of those "but how bad could it be?" experiences.
    And never, ever, for the love of the FSM, look up "kittens".
  • Never click the random page button on Encyclopedia Dramatica.. especially if you have a bizarre fascination with depravity or have ever had one of those "but how bad could it be?" experiences.
    And never,ever, for the love of the FSM, look up "kittens".
    WTF?
    Agreed. It's not in your best interest to do so.
  • FUCK!!!!!!!! WHAT THE HELLL! YOU KNEW WE WOULD LOOK!!!

FUCK! Seriously, people, seriously, don't. Just don't.
  • edited March 2009
    And you, in turn, have made the problem worse. I think I've seen the kittens page, is it the one with zipocat or the high heels?

And there was me thinking "A cat is fine too" was just talking about the substitution of cat pictures for regular content..
  • edited March 2009
    FUCK!!!!!!!! WHAT THE HELLL! YOU KNEW WE WOULD LOOK!!!
    Encyclopedia Dramatica is a Wiki full of the worst kind of 4chan scum you could ever hope to find; anyone who dares venture there of their own accord has only themselves to blame. The main reason I warned against "Kittens" was because you often stumble across a link to that page, masquerading as something harmless (which I probably should have mentioned earlier, so sorry >_>).
    Post edited by Walker on