This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Congressman is afraid that overpopulation of Guam will cause it to capsize. Kudos to the admiral for keeping a straight face.
  • Received 60-day notice today that my tech support unit (500 people) is being laid off.
  • Rediscovered the Banana Comic.

Why. Why.
  • I once wasted all 4 shocks on my car, but I drive quite vigorously. Or at least I used to.
    I know how Sonic drives, or at least, as he's related it to me in detail - it's unlikely he'd have done anything to blow four struts at once, and then managed to not notice.
    Well, I've gotten a lot more aggressive in my driving as of late; I've actually beaten a CRX, a dodge ram 4x4, and a newer C230 in short races near school. There hasn't been any sudden drop in handling since I've been driving the car, but apparently my mothers aunt (the first/previous owner) drove it pretty aggressively during the time she owned it.

Regardless, we took the car to the shop where my uncle works to have it fixed because it was almost half the price. We stopped by later during the day to find out how it was. I asked him how bad it really was and he told me that I had, effectively, no shocks, and that all four struts had to be replaced. I have no reason to believe he would lie to me. In any case, the front two shocks were replaced today and the other two will be done tomorrow. After that, I'll take it for a drive to see how it's different.

Also, I'm going to start driving like a normal human being. This thing isn't a race car and, at the moment, I need it to last as long as I can without having to keep fixing it. It's worth more for its reliability and economy than it's speed for the time being.
  • Congressman is afraid that overpopulation of Guam willcause it to capsize. Kudos to the admiral for keeping a straight face.
    You are aware what day it was yesterday?
  • edited April 2010
    Oh shit. Looks like I have a new fail of the day.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • edited April 2010
    Was just checking Demonoid (Thanks Prof Pangloss!) and I discovered this hilarity. image
    What I find most funny is that there is about 3 minuets of original content per episode. Could not some creative video editing slim down this file to sub 1 GB?
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on
  • Congressman is afraid that overpopulation of Guam willcause it to capsize. Kudos to the admiral for keeping a straight face.
    The video was taken on the 25th. Unfortunately, it wasn't a joke.
  • My mom managed to get three viruses on her computer. She clicked on something in Facebook, and thought that it was legit. Despite the fact the friend that "sent" it told my mother she didn't send it, BEFORE HAND!

I am very close to strangling her, because it took me eight hours to get her computer fixed. Five of which entailed arguing with her over re-installing Windows.
  • OK, so apparently someone I thought to be a fairly good friend actually thinks I am a stalker, and now won't talk to me. We only really started talking last year, but we got along really well, and we had inside jokes and everything. So this year we didn't really get to talk much, but when we did everything seemed fine and she never said anything to me. Then all of a sudden I'm blocked on facebook. I talked to my friend Casey, and she asked and that's how I found out what she thought. I really have no idea why she says I was a stalker considering I didn't even talk to her that much, or even do any of the things that a stalker would do. Me and Casey have a suspicion that it's because college has changed her and she is smoking/ selling so much pot now that she's just a different person. Either way this sucks because I've effectively lost a good friend.
  • I just accidentally had almost 2 tall glasses of a vodka/Crystal Light drink at a family dinner. It was my first drink and everyone got a good laugh at it (except for me, as I was just really embarrassed).
  • @Li_Akahi -- how do you accidentally drink anything with any substantial amount of vodka in it?
  • @Li_Akahi -- how do youaccidentallydrink anything with any substantial amount of vodka in it?
    My Aunt always puts out a pitcher of Crystal Light when I come over, so I grabbed the pitcher that usually had it in it, but this time there was vodka in it. I didn't taste the vodka, so I kept drinking it.
  • edited April 2010
    Fail of my decade...I'm not getting married anymore. FUCK, why does my life have to be fucked in the ass when it looks the brightest? I feel like shit.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • Awe. I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope things get better. I won't ask for details, but cheer up man.
  • Fail of my decade...I'm not getting married anymore. FUCK, why does my life have to be fucked in the ass when it looks the brightest? I feel like shit.
    Fuck. Shit, man, I know exactly where you're coming from. I wish I had more to say, other than we're here for you, dude.
  • edited April 2010
    @Li_Akahi -- how do youaccidentallydrink anything with any substantial amount of vodka in it?
    My Aunt always puts out a pitcher of Crystal Light when I come over, so I grabbed the pitcher that usually had it in it, but this time there was vodka in it. I didn't taste the vodka, so I kept drinking it.
    This is how I accidentally got drunk during a band and chorus concert my freshman year of high school. Spiked fruity beverage. I only hope for your sake you aren't as ridiculously lightweight as I am.
    Fail of my decade...I'm not getting married anymore. FUCK, why does my life have to be fucked in the ass when it looks the brightest? I feel like shit.
    I'm sorry, and I hope things get better soon.
    Post edited by Anrild on
  • edited April 2010
    Maaan, that's awful. I hope things improve. :(
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Fail of my decade...I'm not getting married anymore. FUCK, why does my life have to be fucked in the ass when it looks the brightest? I feel like shit.
    :(
  • Oh well, thanks guy, There's no use moping around, I need to move forward, for staying behind won't take me anywhere...just give me a couple of days.
  • Installed Windows Seven, and everything is going fine, except for sound, which isn't going at all. Nothing I do will fix it - Drivers, nothing, updates, nothing, it's just utterly bitten the dust. No convincing reason it shouldn't be working, either, as I tested booting up with an Ubuntu Live CD, and my sound card still works just fine, it's not a hardware failure.
  • Installed Windows Seven, and everything is going fine, except for sound, which isn't going at all. Nothing I do will fix it - Drivers, nothing, updates, nothing, it's just utterly bitten the dust. No convincing reason it shouldn't be working, either, as I tested booting up with an Ubuntu Live CD, and my sound card still works just fine, it's not a hardware failure.
    There is somebody else other than you that has this problem as well. My mother got an e-machine (a recycled one I speculate) and it has Windows 7 as well. The exact same problem is present. What could be the cause of this?
  • edited April 2010
    There is somebody else other than you that has this problem as well. My mother got an e-machine (a recycled one I speculate) and it has Windows 7 as well. The exact same problem is present. What could be the cause of this?
    If I knew that, I'd fix it.

It doesn't help that the company who makes my intergrated soundcard has since gone out of business, and NEC pretty much denies all existence of my make and model of computer.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Soundcards are not that expensive, I have one right on my desk if you want it.
  • edited April 2010
    Soundcards are not that expensive, I have one right on my desk if you want it.
    Nah, It's cool, thanks for the offer, though. It's a laptop, and doesn't have room for a proper soundcard - my only option on that route is to buy a USB soundcard.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • An NEC Laptop? Wow. I Haven't heard anything about then for a while. Maybe it's time for a new laptop?
  • Maybe donate your old one to a museum. ;)
  • Rune Factory has eaten my soul. It makes me not realize that I am hungry or sleepy. This can only end in tears.
  • Rune Factory has eaten my soul. It makes me not realize that I am hungry or sleepy. This can only end in tears.
    Rune Factory 1 or 2? I tried playing two using a guide so I wouldn't get lost and there is a monumental amount of stuff you have to do in that.
  • 1. I got it cheap off a friend at PAX. I haven't played it yet, so it's like a new game for $15. The typhoons are pissing me off. I'm going to have to revise my saving habits.