This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• FUCK!
    Quoted for Fucking Truth!
  • Quoted for Fucking Truth!
    Maybe Google will save us? Maybe?
  • Trying to find advanced matches in LD2 with people who don't suck (As in working as a team, being friendly.) is kinda hard. Everyone seems to be either stuck in normal mode or already made it to expert.
  • It's nearly 90 degrees here. Fuck global warming.
  • OBSCENITY!
  • edited April 2010
    It's nearly 90 degrees here. Fuck global warming.
    FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

EDIT: Also, taken from a conversation I just had:

andrew: so whatre you doing for work in baltimore anyways?
    keats: setting up an office
    keats: unfortunately, my managers have shown that they're completely incapable of being professional
    andrew: how so?
    keats: they actually sent us to the wrong building!
    keats: 40 minutes away!
    keats: they gave us incorrect blueprints
    keats: didn't pack the tools we needed
    keats: didn't put money on the company credit card
    keats: didn't tell us that the client would CHANGE THEIR MIND HALFWAY THROUGH AND WANT SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT
    keats: plus the manager that came down with us is an old, ignorant, fat, white american
    keats: who thinks the Pentium 4 is a cutting edge cpu, and whose picture of the height of culinary excellence is FAKE MASHED POTATOES. FROM A BOX.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Pain and lots of it. Adam and I both have sciatica. Fucking fantastic.
    Woot, join the club! ^_^
    I have that chronically because the nerve gets pinched every now and then by my right hip, which is rotated slightly forward. It's awesome.
  • Oh what the stuttering fuck.

Remember that non-working sound device in my computer? Well, turns out the computer IS detecting it. As a High Definition recording device, with a rear optical input. Nither of which I have, nor have ever had connected to the computer.

Oh, did I mention that I can't figure out any way to change this?

I have no fucking clue what is going on with this bloody thing anymore.
  • Oh holy jesus no

I'm almost tempted to go with some friends... Only $15, and it's not a day I'd spend much better otherwise.
  • It is currently 1 AM and there is some terrible rap music blasting from somewhere behind my apartment (could it be that mysterious warehouse?). It sounds like it might be karaoke because I keep hearing this horrible droning sound that is probably a bunch of tone deaf people trying to sing along, and a bunch of yelling. x_x
  • My iTunes can't connect to the internet. As this post indicates, my laptop is connected to the internet, and the firewalls are set not to block iTunes. Regardless, I can't connect to the iTunes store or download podcasts, as it tells me that my network connection has timed out.

My iTunes has been this way for several weeks, now. I did all of Apple's stupid troubleshooting, didn't work...I want my podcasts...
  • My iTunes can't connect to the internet. As this post indicates, my laptop is connected to the internet, and the firewalls are set not to block iTunes. Regardless, I can't connect to the iTunes store or download podcasts, as it tells me that my network connection has timed out.

My iTunes has been this way for several weeks, now. I did all of Apple's stupid troubleshooting, didn't work...I want my podcasts...
    Maybe you should move onto another platform for a while, just to get the podcasts working, I myself have been using Banshee for podcasts and the like. I have read that it supports Ipods, but podcasting with Ipods may not work, I will find out soon.
  • Well Banshee won't work on anything but Linux (The Mac beta version doesn't yet have iPod support.) so, in the meantime, you could try something like Doubletwist.
    Have you tried uninstalling it then reinstalling?
  • Fail: It is currently 30.2 C (86.4 F) in the lab.

Extra Fail: The lab coats that we use are waterproof, meaning that they don't breathe. At all. I'm effectively wearing a trench coat in 86 degree weather.
  • edited April 2010
    Well Banshee won't work on anything but Linux (The Mac beta version doesn't yet have iPod support.) so, in the meantime, you could try something like Doubletwist.
    Have you tried uninstalling it then reinstalling?
    I recommend Winamp. I've been using Winamp for as long as I can remember and, except for v3, every version has been better and better. It's podcast integration is especially nice.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Summer says hi.
  • Hangover. Busted up hands, ribs, shoulder. Face hurts. gwurgh.
    ...the fuck did you do?!
  • Summer says hi.
    How is this a fail?
  • ...the fuck did you do?!
    Drank a bottle of rum and got in "A fight", and then "A fight 2: Local Yob brings his mates: Electric Boogaloo". A least I mostly won, my only complaint is the prize awarded for it.
    Dude, don't drink and kink. Seriously.

But seriously, how's the other guy doing?
  • How is this a fail?
    Because it's saying hi with a sucker punch.
  • But seriously, how's the other guy doing?
    If he's this fucked up after winning, I would hazard a guess that the losers are very much regretting their choices right now.
  • edited April 2010
    But seriously, how's the other guy doing?
    If he's this fucked up afterwinning, I would hazard a guess that the losers are very much regretting their choices right now.
    Pretty much. Though most of my gwurgh comes from hangover. No major injuries, though I did have to change my sheets when I woke up - got some blood from my hands and split lip/bloody nose on them, nothing serious, but I didn't want them to stain. Ribs sore as fuck, but I'm reasonably sure I've haven't cracked them again.
    Dude, don't drink and kink. Seriously.
    I love it when you imply I could pick up in the first place to get that far.

Edit -Amusingly, Dan, one of my mates back home, simply said "Well, that's what you get for following your Irish Heritage in the land of pommies." and linked me to this video.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Fail: It is currently 30.2 C (86.4 F) in the lab.

Extra Fail: The lab coats that we use are waterproof, meaning that they don't breathe. At all. I'm effectively wearing a trench coat in 86 degree weather.
    Epic Fail: I just opened one our incubators and felt a cool breeze emanate from within.

I wish I was exaggerating.
  • Epic Fail: I just opened one our incubators and felt acool breezeemanate from within.

I wish I was exaggerating.
    The bunny suits in the IBM fab were the same way. The regular cleanroom wasn't so bad, but inside of that was another barrier before the ultracleanroom, which required one of the most uncomfortable pieces of clothing I've ever had to wear. It was like a walking sauna.
  • The bunny suits in the IBM fab were the same way. The regular cleanroom wasn'tsobad, but inside of that was another barrier before the ultracleanroom, which required one of the most uncomfortable pieces of clothing I've ever had to wear. It was like a walking sauna.
    Oh, I can imagine. BSL 3 isolation suits are similarly uncomfortable. You should see the BSL 4 suits; I've never worn one, but they look like spacesuits. I can only imagine what they're like.

The lab coat is bad enough right now. It's probably about 102 F in the airspace between my body and the inside of the coat.