This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• RymRym
    edited March 2009
    I hate Daylight Savings Time with the heat of a thousand white hot suns. Daylight Savings Time can die in a fire.
    I love Daylight Saving Time. I would always rather have an extra hour of light at the end of my day, when I can truly take advantage of it, than at the beginning of my day, where this sunlight is useless to me. I wish we could just swith to DST and never switch back. I wish I could marry DST. DST is amazing.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • I am with you, Rym.
  • I hate Daylight Savings Time with the heat of a thousand white hot suns. Daylight Savings Time can die in a fire.
    I love Daylight Saving Time. I would always rather have an extra hour of light at theendof my day, when I can truly take advantage of it, than at thebeginningof my day, where this sunlight is useless to me.
    Any sunlight is useless to me. I hate the sun.
  • I hate Daylight Savings Time with the heat of a thousand white hot suns. Daylight Savings Time can die in a fire.
    I love Daylight Saving Time. I would always rather have an extra hour of light at theendof my day, when I can truly take advantage of it, than at thebeginningof my day, where this sunlight is useless to me.
    Except in providing the heat and energy by which all life on earth is sustained, including everything you consume.
    Except in providing the heat and energy by which all life on earth is sustained, including everything you consume.
    I admit that it is useful, but I still hate it.

My favorite time of year is that time when it's dark on the way to work in the morning, dark on the way back in the evening, and the sky is a kind of overcast grey tending towards amethyst during the afternoon.
  • I need to start a Dating Horror Stories thread
    There is something similar that exists in a dating or relationship thread. I'm not exactly sure which one.
  • Bought a new watch and didn't get the metallic wristband adjusted for my size.
    or
    Vaccinated the same puppy out of a litter of 5 twice

• Vaccinated the same puppy out of a litter of 5 twice
    Will that harm the dog?
  • My Mom and Dad are both really sick, and I'm starting to feel like shit also... I just hope they get better before I get any worse, if I do.
  • Sakura-Con 2009 Commercial

GIRUGAMESH !

• Woke up late last night to the sound of the cat about to be sick on my bed. Managed to throw him off before the worst of it. Changed the sheets and went back to bed.
  • My MacBook's hard drive has 1038 bad blocks. Attempts to Zero the drive thus far have resulted in read/write errors. Looking like I'm going to need to upgrade.
  • I am entering the second of the worst three weeks of my school year. Granted, this happens every year, but it is still fail. As background, I am both a member of Stage Crew and Concert Crew (the group that does A/V for concerts and events).

Last week there were four concerts Monday-Thursday, while the school musical is in two weeks. The concerts take up an entire evening, and any evening there's not a concert I'm with Stage Crew getting the last of our set churned out. Next week we have full rehearsals starting at six every evening, and the week after is production week: dress rehearsals Sunday-Tuesday and production Thursday-Sunday. Moreover, I don't even have time to walk home and back between the end of school and the start of rehearsal. By my calculations, over the next two weeks I will spend an average of 12 hours in school every day (and that's averaging in weekends).

I want my life back.
  • The white hairs are multiplying at an alarming rate.
    I've had significant white hair since I was 20
  • My MacBook's hard drive has 1038 bad blocks. Attempts to Zero the drive thus far have resulted in read/write errors. Looking like I'm going to need to upgrade.
    Remove your harddrive and put it in a PC. Then, get Spinrite sic it on the drive.
  • I just got Street Fighter IV for the 360 and I can't even beat Arcade mode on Super Easy.
    I feel your pain, except mine is also thinning. Widow's Peak ftl. :(
  • I just got Street Fighter IV for the 360 and I can't even beat Arcade mode on Super Easy.
    Start out with training mode, or even better with Challenge mode and normal Trial which teaches you the commands.
  • Start out with training mode, or even better with Challenge mode and normal Trial which teaches you the commands.
    I can't quite get the concept of "Charge." I use Chun-li and I can do the Spinning Bird Kick (charge-Down, Up + Kick) and the Kikoken (charge-Back, Forward + Punch), but I can't figure out her Super Combo (charge-Back, Forward, Back, Forward-Kick).
  • Start out with training mode, or even better with Challenge mode and normal Trial which teaches you the commands.
    I can't quite get the concept of "Charge." I use Chun-li and I can do the Spinning Bird Kick (charge-Down, Up + Kick) and the Kikoken (charge-Back, Forward + Punch), but I can't figure out her Super Combo (charge-Back, Forward, Back, Forward-Kick).
    You're probably having issues with the "Forward-Back-Forward" part of the motion. Those usually have to be entered very quickly and precisely, or else it won't work. If you can do other Charge moves, you can do any Charge move.
  • edited March 2009
    Went and did a trial shift at the sports cafe Bar in Leeds on Saturday, and was explicitly told that I had the job. I was told to call Monday to get my shifts. So, I called, and they said what amounted to "Yeah, remember how we explicitly told you that you had the job? We were Kidding. Sucks to be you!"

Edit - This is after 2 months of scrimping and saving to make rent and manage to eat enough to survive, while hunting hard for a job - as most places are unwilling to even look at me, because I'm on a working visa, and they just assume I'm another itinerant backpacker, and dismiss me out of hand, despite the fact that I explicitly state, straight up on my cover letter, that I'm not here short term, I want to stay the course, and get British Citizenship.
    Post edited by Churba on
    Yeah, I don't like charge moves either. Basically you need to hold a certain direction for a few seconds (I count "1, 2, 3") end then press the opposite direction and a button. You can perform other moves while charging though.

For charges that you need to hold the stick away from the opponent I think it's best to tilt the stick just a little bit downward so it's a crouch. It still works as the charge.
  • Went and did a trial shift at the sports cafe Bar in Leeds on Saturday, and was explicitly told that I had the job. I was told to call Monday to get my shifts. So, I called, and they said what amounted to "Yeah, remember how we explicitly told you that you had the job? We were Kidding. Sucks to be you!"

Edit - This is after 2 months of scrimping and saving to make rent and manage to eat enough to survive, while hunting hard for a job - as most places are unwilling to even look at me, because I'm on a working visa, and they just assume I'm another itinerant backpacker, and dismiss me out of hand, despite the fact that I explicitly state, straight up on my cover letter, that I'm not here short term, I want to stay the course, and get British Citizenship.
    I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you have better luck soon.
  • Went and did a trial shift at the sports cafe Bar in Leeds on Saturday, and was explicitly told that I had the job. I was told to call Monday to get my shifts. So, I called, and they said what amounted to "Yeah, remember how we explicitly told you that you had the job? We were Kidding. Sucks to be you!"

Did they literally say "We were kidding. Sucks to be you!"? Wow, that's pretty asshole-ish and very unprofessional. I know it's hard as far as getting enough money to survive, but even so, you probably wouldn't want to work there unless you absolutely had to.
  • edited March 2009
    you probably wouldn't want to work there unless you absolutely had to.
    He absolutely has to.
    Is there anything we could do as a forum?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited March 2009
    Did they literally say "We were kidding. Sucks to be you!"? Wow, that's pretty asshole-ish and very unprofessional. I know it's hard as far as getting enough money to survive, but even so, you probably wouldn't want to work there unless you absolutely had to.
    They didn't literaly say "Just kidding" - they were more eloquent than that. Though, what they said, while more eloquent, wasn't much better.
    He absolutely has to.
    Omnutia is right - I absolutely have to, or else I'm screwed and I'll have to go back to Australia. And I hate asking for help, especialy from people I haven't met in person, but frankly, right now, I'd take a job snorkling in sewage trenches to stay in this country. Even if I had to buy my own snorkel.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • They didn't literaly say "Just kidding" - they were more eloquent than that. Though, saying "We're sorry we said that, we were mistaken." isn't much better.
    He absolutely has to.
    Omnutia is right - I absolutely have to, or else I'm screwed and I'll have to go back to Australia. And I hate asking for help, especialy from people I haven't met in person, but frankly, right now, I'd take a job snorkling in sewage trenches to stay in this country. Even if I had to buy my own snorkel.
    my own peronal fail ;)
  • edited March 2009
    I hate asking for help, especialy from people I haven't met in person, but frankly, right now, I'd take a job snorkling in sewage trenches to stay in this country.
    Is England worth all that?

I mean, if you took a job snorkeling in a sewage trench, how could you tell the differnce between a trench you were meant to snorkel in and one of the many common old buggery trenches marring the blighted moor or the bollocksy blasted heath? Isn't the Thames itself pretty much just a wider-than-normal sewage trench?

Are you sure you wouldn't rather just go back to Australia? At least Australia is cool . . .
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • I hate asking for help, especialy from people I haven't met in person, but frankly, right now, I'd take a job snorkling in sewage trenches to stay in this country.
    Is England worth all that?
    To me, for various reasons, yes. But that doesn't mean that I won't go home if I have to.
    Are you sure you wouldn't rather just go back to Australia? At least Australia is cool . . .
    Well, I'd rather stay here, and make a success of my attempt to live in another country. I mean, if I go back, I'll just save up and try again, better prepared than last time - but that's only if I can bring myself to do it. I came over here for a woman I loved with all of my being, but for some reason, she got rid of me - frankly, that's a story I can't stand to tell at this second - but next time, I will have no other motivation other than just my own stupid pride and anger/disappointment/hatred of my defeats, and I don't know if that's enough to put myself through this hell again.