This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• $100 fine, $85 court surcharge, and 2 points on the license.

I guess it's better than $300, same surcharge, and 4 points. But only slightly so. Shit sucks.

I guess it's better than $300, same surcharge, and 4 points. But only slightly so. Shit sucks.
    What do you mean "points"?

Points are assessed for traffic violations according to the severity of the offense.

http://www.wvdot.com/6_MOTORISTS/dmv/6g1f_points.htm

New York State uses a "points" system to track a motorist's traffic convictions. If you reach a total of 11 points in 18 months, your license is immediately suspended. Speeding at all is at least a 3 point offense, and can go all the way up to 11 points (40+ over the speed limit). Here are some violations and their associated values.

Not all traffic offenses affect insurance. The offense with which I was charged (84 in a 65) would normally be a 4 point conviction. It was plead down to a different moving violation - failure to obey a traffic control device - which is only 2 points, and (from what I've been told) doesn't affect insurance premiums.
  • Wow, I have never heard of the points system before. Turns out California has it too. Nothing about this was on the test.
  • Wow, I have never heard of the points system before. Turns out California has it too. Nothing about this was on the test.
    It's a national thing, not state by state, AFAIK.
    By definition it has to be state by state. There is no national Department of Motor Vehicles. Although, most states have similar laws.

/nitpick
    Most states have a points system, but every state's system is different.
  • edited March 2009
    @ Pete, for how fast you were going, that wasn't bad. That is the standard ticket drop for over 10 mph. That is actually a win, not a fail.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • @ Pete, for how fast you were going, that wasn't bad. That is the standard ticket drop for over 10 mph. That is actually a win, not a fail.
    Nearly every other 4 point speeding violation that day was reduced to Parking on Pavement. I figure mine was a smaller drop because I was 2 miles away from a 6 point violation.

Yeah, it's technically a win, but the whole affair qualifies as a fail.
  • Hulu was recently blocked at my school. No more watching Stephen Colbert while pretending to write essays.
  • RROD

:<</p>
    I offer my condolences, having had a similar loss just a few months ago.

What's with all these Xbox's breaking? everyone I know has an xbox has had it break at some point. Good think mine is still going strong.
  • What's with all these Xbox's breaking? everyone I know has an xbox has had it break at some point. Good think mine is still going strong.
    Until tomorrow.
  • What's with all these Xbox's breaking? everyone I know has an xbox has had it break at some point. Good think mine is still going strong.
    I was just thinking that earlier today.
  • Last week I got into detention class for arguing with my BIOLOGY teacher about evolution. I was trying to prove that it was the true reason we are here and that creationism is just a big lie. I got accused of not respecting other peoples religion, but in my opinion my only "misdeed" was telling the truth.

What's with all these Xbox's breaking? everyone I know has an xbox has had it break at some point. Good think mine is still going strong.
    You'd think by now Microsoft would have recognized why their xboxes keep breaking down all the time and spent a good amount of money (since they rake it in constantly) to research why this happens and fix it?

You'd think by now Microsoft would have recognized why their xboxes keep breaking down all the time and spent a good amount of money (since they rake it in constantly) to research why this happens and fix it?
    Ten seconds on Google.
  • edited March 2009
    Unreal Editor 2 is a terrible piece of software.

IhatethisclassIhatethisclassIhatethisclass
    Post edited by Sail on
    yay! teapot!
  • It's the Utah teapot or something, isn't it?
  • Fired from 2nd job.

:<
  • Fired from 2nd job.

Oh wow, what happened?
  • edited March 2009
    Fired from 2nd job.

Welcome back to the club. Here, have a pocky.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Oh! Pocky! *munch*

What happened was I wasn't a very good waitress and I am clumsy. It wasn't a really good start so I got canned. At least I still have one job.
  • edited March 2009
    Well, you still have one job.
    However, as you still have one job, you are not unemployed and, as such, I will be charging you for the pocky.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited March 2009
    Guh, I have to do radio shite from 9 AM till probably midday or so - and it isn't even fun stuff, like presenting/producing, but sitting in front of a PC digging through weeks of logs, and then beating the shit out of them with cooledit till they sound halfway decent.

On the upside, I'll probably put them on rapidshare or torrent them or something so people who want them can get to them.

Edit - Fuckit, I'm taking a nap. Well, Not right now, but in about ten minutes.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • It's the Utah teapot or something, isn't it?
    Yes, 'tis. There is also the Stanford Bunny and the dragon which are used to test shaders.
  • edited March 2009
    Well, this semester I got a mandatory course at the university which is blocked so like every three weeks or so we got a 5 hour course or so and sometimes it's on Friday, sometimes Saturday. So today I had the course, go to the room where it's supposed to be and find a note on the door reading that the due to illness the course is postponed. And since the trains are fucked up on Saturdays, there went four ours of my life I'll never get back thanks to it being impossible to forward my university mail to my Gmail and of course nobody smart enough to edit the online course timetable :/

Edit: Well, I got some fortune in my misfortune because I hadn't prepared something for the course which I was supposed to prepare and didn't even know I was supposed to until just now.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on