This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• edited March 2009
    thanks to it being impossible to forward my university mail to my Gmail
    It is far from "impossible," though it's possible that the effort isn't worthwhile.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I totally forgot that I bought a ticket to go see the Russian National Ballet yesterday. Fuck me!
    And it was about Cinderella :(
  • I have a very sad iPod.
  • edited March 2009
    I don't know if this actually counts as a fail, but it was a weird experience, and I wanted to post it somewhere.

I was walking down the street on my block about midnight last night. I live in a suburb of Los Angeles -- not a lot of nightlife going on. No one else walking on the street anywhere I could see, a few cars passing by. Right next to a shopping center and a middle school. Just to give you a sense of atmosphere. I notice a car pulling up to the curb beside me, so I stop and turn around. This guy asks me if I know how to get to Edna St. I tell him I'm not sure, but I think it's a few blocks up the road. I point. I tell him good luck, and I start to walk away. Then I hear him say something else, so I turn around and say,
    "What?"
    "You 6 or 7 inches?"
    "Umm...what?"
    "I noticed you have big hands. You know what they say about big hands."
    At this point, I'm kinda taken aback. It's obvious what's happening, but I'm too stunned to say anything but,
    "Umm...good luck, guy. Later." And I walked away. He drove off, pulled a u-turn at the corner, and drove away in the opposite of the direction that I had pointed him.

Really, dude? That's how you do it?
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • That's pretty fucked up, yet pretty hilarious.
  • That isn't a fail.
  • 6 or 7 inches really isn't that big. It's above average, but I don't know that I would describe it as "big." So, I guess the guy failed at proper adjective choice, or proper length estimation.
  • edited March 2009
    Interesting side-note: Correlation between body part sizes began as a rumor started by clowns.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I thought it was big feet, not hands. Yet, one of my friends said that hand size was for how tight a girl would be, but she probably made that shit up trying to flirt with me (she was kinda weird in the first place).

The only weird part (to me, at least) was how he was right next to a middle school. I mean, people like that are in abundance, so I don't really care, but I still wouldn't want that kinda person hanging around a middle school...
  • The white hairs are multiplying at an alarming rate.
    I just got out of the shower and finished styling my hair. I keep it short, so a bit of gel and finger styling is all I need.

I felt bare scalp on the back of my head.

Hold me.
  • The only weird part (to me, at least) was how he was right next to a middle school. I mean, people like that are in abundance, so I don't really care, but I still wouldn't want that kinda person hanging around a middle school...
    I guess that sort of thing happens to women all the time. It makes me feel pretty shameful about my gender sometimes. I realize that all of the "depravity" that gay men are so frequently accused of has nothing to do with the fact that they're gay, and everything to do with the fact that they're men. Still, I've been hit on by a few gay guys, and ALL of them were more tactful than this guy.

Anyway, he wasn't hanging around a middle school. I was walking past a middle school, and he pulled up alongside me. And it was about midnight. So you gotta at least give him that.
    I felt bare scalp on the back of my head.

Hold me.
    I feel for you. But there's only one thing to do. Fire it before it quits!

How's this for a fail? I would love to keep my hair shaved to about a half inch long so I never have to think about it, but I've got this huge sebaceous cyst about an inch wide and a half-inch tall, right above my hairline, right in the middle of my forehead. I went to a doctor once to have it looked at, and, while thankfully these things are completely harmless, the second he looked at it, he joyfully pronounced "You're a unicorn!"
  • You can have the cyst surgically removed, y'know.
  • You can have the cyst surgically removed, y'know.
    I know, but apparently not without a very substantial risk of having a 1-inch chunk right on my hairline where no hair grows. I've decided to just let it ride, at least for the time being.
  • I felt bare scalp on the back of my head.

Hold me.
    I'm here for you, brother. If you need a transplant, I have plenty to spare on my chest and shoulders. I'm like a god-damned Wookie. Did you see Harry and the Hendersons? That wasn't an ape suit. It was me after a haircut.
  • I felt bare scalp on the back of my head.

Hold me.
    I'm here for you, brother. If you need a transplant, I have plenty to spare on my chest and shoulders. I'm like a god-damned Wookie. Did you see Harry and the Hendersons? That wasn't an ape suit. It was meaftera haircut.
    I've got a fairly hairy chest and upper back, too.

My goal is to go gray before I go bald. Let's hope I can make that happen.
  • edited March 2009
    My grades are suffering, so I have to basically beg of one my Professors tomorrow to give me an incomplete for his course this semester so I can take it again next semester and not get a fail this semester. I also now have to work my ass off to bring my grades up in the rest of my classes to keep my GPA from falling from 3.12 to who knows how low. Not to mention that if President Obama's proposed bill regarding a tuition stimulus passes, I probably won't be able to pay for college next year because the federal Stafford loan and the Federal Plus loans will not be available for me for next semester.
    Fuck.

Oh, and this course isn't even fulfilling my major's requirements.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • What is your major? And that's lame. What led to your grades slipping?
  • edited March 2009
    Stay classy, Fox News. Stay classy.

EDIT: Holy shit, I feel dumber for having watched that.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • LOL.
    A recent tweet by one would-be Cisco employee proves that when it comes to placing a permanent black mark on your resume via the Internet, Twitter is now the tool of choice. To illustrate, hereÂ’s the tweet the now Web-infamous "theconnor" shared with the world:

"Cisco just offered me a job! Now I have to weigh the utility of a fatty paycheck against the daily commute to San Jose and hating the work.”
    Story continues below ?advertisement | your ad here

It wasnÂ’t long before Tim Levad, a "channel partner advocate" for Cisco Alert, shared this open response:

"Who is the hiring manager. IÂ’m sure they would love to know that you will hate the work. We here at Cisco are versed in the web."
    You're hired! You're fired!
  • THE DUB!!! IT BURNS MY EARS!!!!!! GAGH!!!!!!
  • edited March 2009
    THE DUB!!! IT BURNS MY EARS!!!!!! GAGH!!!!!!
    Really? I didn't find the dub to be that terrible. It's better than a whole lot of other dubs. Also, embedding is disabled for that video.

EDIT: Second thought, it's pretty bad after awhile.
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
    Really? I didn't find the dub to be that terrible. It's better than a whole lot of other dubs. Also, embedding is disabled for that video.
    My beef is with the names, if you are going to translate the whole show, shouldn't they translate the names as well? Japanese names in English sound kinda lame, at least don't use the san, chan, kun, sama, etc.
  • edited March 2009
    I hate to post this as a fail because I know both of these guys and they're really cool, but you've gotta listen to their cover of Wake Me Up When September Ends.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited March 2009
    I hate to post this as a fail because I know both of these guys and they're really cool, but you've gotta listen to their cover ofWake Me Up When September Ends.
    It wouldn't be too bad save for the singing and the lack of bass/drums. That's usually what gets most covers. That, and them changing the song and raping it to all hell.

EDIT: Oh, and they got the lyrics messed up in a couple of places, but eh, whatever.
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
  • I hate to post this as a fail because I know both of these guys and they're really cool, but you've gotta listen to their cover ofWake Me Up When September Ends.
    Wow. They have some fundamental tempo and key issues.
    My god, it's a miracle that I still have teeth left to grit after that. Then I started on part two to hear Kagami's voice. I NEED FAKE TEETH!
  • In another brilliant move, Octomom fires the volunteer organization giving her free help because they were 'spying on her'. This woman is too stupid to continue caring for her children (or having any more, god forbid). Throw her in jail for gross stupidity and divvy up those kids to households that can care for them.
  • When you said "Octomom" All I could think of was some tentacle monster lady. Raaar!
  • I was thinking a companion to Octoman.