This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Lost religion textbook, did not do assignment assigned during teacher's three day absence last week due to said loss. Still have not found book. Assignment may total 6 pages and is due tomorrow.
  • I won't go into the grisly details...
    Now you have to.
    Now you have to.
    No, you don't.
  • edited March 2009
    I won't go into the grisly details...
    Now you have to.
    My morning poop was epic. I wish I had taken pictures.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
    Now you have to.
    It's better that you didn't.
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2009
    I won't go into the grisly details, but I feel the need to relate this. Eating about 100 g of roasted beef bone marrow is not the best idea in the world. It's tasty, but youwillregret it.
    You know how the saying goes Pete, "Too much of a good thing, is a bad thing".
    I won't go into the grisly details...
    Now you have to.
    Oh Godammit, the mental images!!
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Dammit Pete!
  • I was going to post this in the "Boo Yah" thread, but I think it goes better here now that Pete briught up the subject.

I went in for a physical this week. I thought for a long time that I had hemmorhoids, but it turns out that it's an anal fissure. I'm still not sure if that's better or worse.
  • I was going to post this in the "Boo Yah" thread, but I think it goes better here now that Pete briught up the subject.

I went in for a physical this week. I thought for a long time that I had hemmorhoids, but it turns out that it's an anal fissure. I'm still not sure if that's better or worse.
    Anal fissure? How the hell did you get that? Gotten into pegging recently?

Anal fissure? How the hell did you get that? Gotten into pegging recently?
    Age.
  • edited March 2009
    Actually, anal fissures are really, really common. People can have them and not notice unless there is blood. People with IBS get them all the time.

Let's take care and ensure that this doesn't become the poop thread.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • I'm pleased to report that my latest poop was merely superior; it did not reach epic levels.
  • I'm pleased to report that my latest poop was merely superior; it did not reach epic levels.
    Are there pics this time?
  • Are there pics this time?
    This ins't 4chan!!!!
  • This ins't 4chan!!!!
    Yes, we have spelling and grammar here.
  • This ins't 4chan!!!!
    Yes, we have spelling and grammar here.
    We also do not have poop pictures.
  • Yes, we have spelling and grammar here.
    So does 4chan.
    We also do not have poop pictures.
    Neither does 4chan.
  • 4chan is essentially one giant picture of poop.

Real fail of the day: Pinched nerve. Hurts like a bastard, but only when I move just so.
  • Real fail of the day: Pinched nerve. Hurts like a bastard, but only when I move just so.
    Oh jesus. I feel for you. I got a pinched nerve in my shin when I was training muay thai -- I limped for almost a week, and it took me out of training for a couple months.

Where's yours?
  • Real fail of the day: Pinched nerve. Hurts like a bastard, but only when I move just so.
    Oh jesus. I feel for you. I got a pinched nerve in my shin when I was training muay thai -- I limped for almost a week, and it took me out of training for a couple months.

Where's yours?
    Upper back, on the left side. I think I slept on it really oddly. My leg felt a little tingly earlier in the day, but that stopped completely. Now it's a little tingle in my left arm (sometimes), and a whole shit load of pain right around the left shoulder blade. If I sit the right way, it doesn't hurt, but if I extend my right arm or left arm in certain ways, it hurts like you wouldn't believe.

Driving today was not fun.
  • Upper back, on the left side. I think I slept on it really oddly. My leg felt a little tingly earlier in the day, but that stopped completely. Now it's a little tingle in my left arm (sometimes), and a whole shit load of pain right around the left shoulder blade. If I sit the right way, it doesn't hurt, but if I extend my right arm or left arm in certain ways, it hurts like you wouldn't believe.
    Oh, man, I used to get EXACTLY that. Is there a knot in that spot? In my case, I think it had mostly to do with working in a bad chair.
  • edited March 2009
    Upper back, on the left side. I think I slept on it really oddly. My leg felt a little tingly earlier in the day, but that stopped completely. Now it's a little tingle in my left arm (sometimes), and a whole shit load of pain right around the left shoulder blade. If I sit the right way, it doesn't hurt, but if I extend my right arm or left arm in certain ways, it hurts like you wouldn't believe.
    Oh, man, I used to get EXACTLY that. Is there a knot in that spot? In my case, I think it had mostly to do with working in a bad chair.
    There isn't usually a knot, but I felt one earlier this morning. Maybe I got a cramp there somehow. Who knows. It's fucking unpleasant, I'll say that much.

EDIT: Just laid down for about two hours, flat on my back. That mostly fixed it. Barely hurts at all now, and I have a wider range of motion. Crisis averted.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Why is this now the poop thread? Did you do this to spite me?
  • I think you should fork this thread.
  • Software term. Like a fork in the road kind of fork. Not the poking variety.
  • Why is this now the poop thread? Did you do this to spite me?
    Tee hee. Yeah.
  • The Texas Board of Education member in my district thinks the age of the universe needs to be debated in class. She keeps getting reelected. I used to love Texas, but the idiots here have run amuck!
    Anyway, her antiscience amendment passed 11 - 3.

So tomorrow that will go to the final vote on whether it will be added to the standards or not. With such a majority voting to pass it along, it looks like it will pass, and Texas students will get their chance to learn that the Universe is 6000 years old, and when they try to get a job or do anything later in life, they will be routinely laughed at.
    What's really bad is that most states look at Texas for ideas with textbook standards. This is scaring me.
  • Saw a romani woman playing a violin, a tap shoe, AND a guitar while and asking for food and money in two different languages to the tune of the music on the el. I didn't have any small bills. It was a tremendous bummer, especially because she was EXTREMELY talented.
  • edited March 2009
    The Texas Board of Education member in my district thinks the age of the universe needs to bedebated in class. She keeps getting reelected. I used to love Texas, but the idiots here have run amuck!
    Anyway, her antiscience amendment passed 11 - 3.

So tomorrow that will go to the final vote on whether it will be added to the standards or not. With such a majority voting to pass it along, it looks like it will pass, and Texas students will get their chance to learn that the Universe is 6000 years old, and when they try to get a job or do anything later in life, they will be routinely laughed at.
    What's really bad is that most states look at Texas for ideas with textbook standards. This is scaring me.Damnit.

It's strange. I like living here in Fort Worth, but if you asked me what it is I like about it, I would be hard pressed to come up with reasons beyond "all my non-internet friends are here." Something beyond force of habit and the hassle of moving is keeping me here. I just don't know what, when I read crap like that.

Edit: What. The. Fuck.

Okay, the tattoo Barbie is by far the least heinous of the three, but still. Show some better judgement, toy companies.
    Post edited by misakyra on