This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• edited March 2009
    That may have something to do with my suspicion that Bratz is owning the crap out of the competition.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited March 2009
    I would never let my little brother watch that new Dora.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • That may have something to do with my suspicion that Bratz is owning the crap out of the competition.
    Which is scary as all fuck.
  • That may have something to do with my suspicion that Bratz is owning the crap out of the competition.
    That reminds me about this story a couple of years ago.
  • edited March 2009
    I am not a superstitious person but today it got the best of me.
    I bought Metallica's Ride the Lightning on my way home from university (yup, two saturdays in a row, screw me) and because I had made a playlist of the Guitar Hero Metallica Soundtrack I had a few songs of the album on my iPhone which I was listening to on my walk from the shop to my house. That is roughly a 20 minute walk up a hill. The final stretch of it is a road right between two open fields.

Now the joke is that dark clouds were gathering and while they didn't look like it was about to bring down the thunder, it struck me that it would be quite fitting if lightning would hit me, even though it would suck to be electrocuted. Somehow I got more and more worried with each step.

Anyways, home safe.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Haha, well spun story, Chaos.
  • edited March 2009
    I am pretty disappointed in this kid I thought was cool. I met him a few months ago when he came to an anime club meeting. He was funny and pretty nice. I started talking to him more and found out that he paints and is awesome at shotput. Earlier today, he asked me if I was going to this house show and I told him yes and I'll see him in the mosh pit. Then he said something about a "sick afterparty" and I inquired. We had a discussion about drinking and drugs and stuff before and I told him how I don't touch any of it and he said that he only occationally drinks. So, he told me I could come to it and asked me to be the designated driver and I said no. He said that he understood and that was the end of it.

So, I show up at the house and I see him on a couch with his friends and go say hi to him. He starts talking and it becomes very obvious that he is totally fucked up. He was holding a water bottle, so I inferred that he was drinking vodka. Keep in mind, he is a big guy and it would take a lot to get him as drunk as he was. Also keep in mind that this was at only about 6:30 pm. He started saying how all the bands sucked or whatever and I tried to get away from him and managed to escape outside with my friend. He found us and started bragging about how tonight's his "first night" because he's going to try some drugs afterwards and shit.

Eventually he left the show with is friends because there was no moshing allowed. Which is good, because I hate to think what would happen with him the way he was in the mosh pit. Also, that house was way too nice to have a house show in. I have major respect for the parents, specifically the dad who rushed into the pit when it formed and was able to break it up by himself within about ten seconds.

Anyway, I'm pretty disappointed in this kid. I don't care if people drink or smoke pot or whatever within reason, but to just get fucked up and be a douchebag like that is pretty terrible.

[Edit] I should mention that I just typed this whole thing out on my iPhone and now my thumb really hurts.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I salute you for your patience with the iPhone keyboard. I personally prefer the physical keyboard on my HTC Touch Pro.
  • I salute you for your patience with the iPhone keyboard. I personally prefer the physical keyboard on my HTC Touch Pro.
    Physical buttons on a cell phone FTW.

@Sail: That sucks. Sorry to hear about that.
  • edited March 2009
    Worst excuse for sportscasting I have ever heard.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Adam gave me the plague.
  • I continue to suck at biking and is scared of running into people or cars.
    edited March 2009
    I continue to suck at biking and is scared of running into people or cars.
    Pedal harder, that way you'll go faster and are less likely to fall over. Once I realized that as a little kid I raced up and down our drive lane making crazy u-turns at the end. The last thing I remember is that I slipped and skidded to a halt on my knee.
    Post edited by ... on
    Paddle harder, that way you'll go faster and are less likely to fall over. Once I realized that as a little kid I raced up and down our drive lane making crazy u-turns at the end. The last thing I remember is that I slipped and skidded to a halt on my knee.
    Paddle. I think you mean "pedal."
    Paddle harder, that way you'll go faster and are less likely to fall over. Once I realized that as a little kid I raced up and down our drive lane making crazy u-turns at the end. The last thing I remember is that I slipped and skidded to a halt on my knee.
    Paddle. I think you mean "pedal."
    No, see, if you're not in the water, you're doing it wrong.
  • No, see, if you're not in the water, you're doing it wrong.
  • edited March 2009
    Continuing the epic drama of my last religion class assignment, a textbook supplier and 2 different bookstores lack the book i need to complete said assignment. My own copy is nowhere to be found. My teacher expects the thing tomorrow, the day progress reports are due.

I am summarily fucked, unless she forgets to ask for it, in which case I claim forgetfulness.

One of my classmates has saved me. YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I claim forgetfulness.
    Isn't that exactly what you did with the location of your book. Seriously, how do you loose a book? Oh wait, you're not smoke-bomb-guy, right?
  • I claim forgetfulness.
    Isn't that exactly what you did with the location of your book. Seriously, how do you loose a book? Oh wait, you're not smoke-bomb-guy, right?
    No, I would have claimed forgetfulness in terms of forgetting to turn in the assignment, hopefully buying an extra day. My book was probably left in a class and lifted; because it is an incredibly right-wing Catholic text which I have little use for, I didn't really think about it, so I don't know for certain when, where, or how it disappeared. It's a non-issue now, though.
  • I'm considering changing my major. My parents will try to resist, but I have little choice. I came into graphic design and enjoyed it, but it's not what I wanted to do. One class I took recently has really pushed me to the point of no return. I would much rather major in sociology. I feel terrible, however, because my parents are paying for my education, and my brother will have to go in a couple of years. I will be looking for work soon, that way I could reduce the burden. I don't know if that will sate them.
  • I fail at making torrent files :(
  • I fail at making torrent files :(
    No you don't. Your torrents are quite delicious; kinda crunchy.
  • I'm considering changing my major. My parents will try to resist, but I have little choice. I came into graphic design and enjoyed it, but it's not what I wanted to do. One class I took recently has really pushed me to the point of no return. I would much rather major in sociology. I feel terrible, however, because my parents are paying for my education, and my brother will have to go in a couple of years. I will be looking for work soon, that way I could reduce the burden. I don't know if that will sate them.
    Aren't these the same parents that disapprove of your atheism? And the same ones who don't know you're gay?

Don't feel terrible.
  • D&D 4th edition.

The whole thing.
    Pedal harder, that way you'll go faster and are less likely to fall over. Once I realized that as a little kid I raced up and down our drive lane making crazy u-turns at the end. The last thing I remember is that I slipped and skidded to a halt on my knee.
    I skid around on campus constantly. I especially love it when it rains, because then I can actually drift around corners. ^_^ It's so fun going fast! My phone has GPS so I clocked my self going around 28 mph!

Viga, just keep trying!
  • Time Warner Cable is dumb
    I suppose it played out just as we thought it would. They want to be like mobile phone providers.
  • April Fools Day. I hate it. Hate. Hate it.