This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• I lost my iPod.
    Retraced your steps?
  • edited August 2010
    I lost my iPod.

EDIT: I found my iPod, but in the process, got blood on the off white carpeting in my room (don't ask). I'm using a carpet cleaner and I hope it helps.
    Mine fell out of my pocket while stomping down the recycling. (to get more in the bin) I had to get it out of a big recycling dumpster. image
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Just realized today that after paying this month's rent and student loans, I now officially don't have enough money for rent next month, much less any of my other bills. F.
  • So, my mom had a heart attack. Stayed by hear side until 11:30 am, then I passed out until just now. I also would like to add that this has not been the best year of my life...
  • So sorry to hear that. I hope the best for your mom and your family. Keep your head up.
  • My company continues to believe I should be capable of doing what an Oracle expert is needed for.
  • My company continues to believe I should be capable of doing what an Oracle expert is needed for.
    Oracle experts CHOSE their path. No one else should be forced to endure that.
  • @ceilmort -- Sorry to hear that, man. I really hope she's doing alright.
  • I also would like to add that this has not been the best year of my life...
    A year can start at and end at any point. Say it's been a bad few months, then restart your next 12 month span tomorrow.

your music is improving all the time. It's not all bad.
  • Oracle experts CHOSE their path. No one else should be forced to endure that.
    LOL, well said.
  • Just learned that my boyfriend has been smoking for 2 and a half months and has been hiding it from me.
  • Tell him to stop. If he doesn't toss the remaining smokes in the garbage bin he's weaksauce.
  • Tell him to stop. If he doesn't toss the remaining smokes in the garbage bin he's weaksauce.
    One of his roommates is being a bad influence, he must resist the power of nicotine and peer pressure at the same time so I've buffed him up with the power of wisdom. That, and the fact that he'll get no hugs if he smells like smoke.
  • The A/C broke. It's 100 outside and no better inside.
  • The A/C broke. It's 100 outside and no better inside.
    You will soon become a fan of fans.
  • edited August 2010
    The fan, it does very little. The heat doesn't really bother me though, it's more my roommate whining that's the fail. The rich, northern nancy-boy can't handle it.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • I just got my lease renewal paperwork. It's a full 20% more than when I first moved here a year and a half ago. I am so done with this place.
  • So, my mom had a heart attack. Stayed by hear side until 11:30 am, then I passed out until just now. I also would like to add that this has not been the best year of my life...
    Update: Okay, coast is clear, but now my mom has to completely readjust her entire life, and I have a ton of new expenses due to medicine. I almost collapsed of exhaustion today, doctor freaked out a bit. At least she is safe. .__.
  • My paycheck is $400 short. WTF State of California?
  • Why why WHY does Windows 7 hide the run command????
    WinKey + R never fails.
  • Also, the search function in the start menu will run anything that it recognises as a proper command when you press Enter anyway, I believe, so it's just a superset of the functionality of the run command.
    WinKey + R never fails.
    You can also add the run command to the start menu by doing the following: Right Click on the Task Bar>Properties>Start Menu>Customize>Run Command>Apply
  • You can also type "run" in the search box and it'll come up with the run box.
  • You can also type "run" in the search box and it'll come up with the run box.
    The search command did nothing on my mother's computer apparently.

Fail: Grocery lady thought it was wise to put chips and eggs in the bag under a head of lettuce.
  • Grocery lady thought it
    You see, I don't think this is the right word here.
  • For the second time, someone on the verge of a suicidal breakdown is coming to me for help and not listening when I tell them that I am not qualified and that they need to find help that holds a prescription pad.

Fuck this noise.
  • For the second time, someone on the verge of a suicidal breakdown is coming to me for help and not listening when I tell them that I am not qualified and that they need to find help that holds a prescription pad.

Fuck this noise.
    Good lord, your timing is impeccable... As someone in multiple very similar situations, I feel you there. *Pats on back*

Fuck this noise.
    Good lord, your timing is impeccable... As someone in multiple very similar situations, I feel you there. *Pats on back*
    It must be suicide season, because I was just in a similar situation.
  • I blame school coming back in session, what with all these teens being morons and all. For me, at least.