This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• The fondly nicknamed "Godzilla Kid" who used to live upstairs from us, stomping mercilessly on our ceiling every morning to evening, seems to have moved out. In her place, she seems to have hired a crew of elephants with sledgehammers.

Really, they're only doing construction on the empty apartment. All week. Early in the morning, with hammers and drills and what I can only assume is a cinder block being dropped repeatedly onto the same spot of the floor. Even now it's still going, and it wouldn't be such a pain if I wasn't trying to work, which involves listening carefully to medical information through headphones. My difficulty with interpreting the doctor's usually incoherent mumbling has been doubled thanks to its competition with SLAM, SLAM, SLAM, currently going directly overhead.

The elephants also seem to enjoy horridly loud music in order to keep themselves from being bored with their slamming, and this music sends vibrations through my apartment.

I just needed to bitch. RAARGHBITCH. If this keeps up with this level of disruption, my bitching's going to the superintendent.
  • I just needed to bitch. RAARGHBITCH.
    That's far worse than "Korean Karaoke Guys" upstairs from us. As far as I can tell, his entire life revolves around singing k-pop songs as loud as possible, badly and alone, at all hours.
  • 1) If you like someone, try to be friends with them.
    If you like someone, get close to them, then kiss them. Don't tell them how you feel, instead show them how you feel. There's still a chance they'll knock you back, but by that time you've already got a kiss. More often it will lead on to something else. Something more. Or at least it does, and has done, for me. My track record recently has been embarrassingly good, if good means I've slept with so many people in the past two months I can hardly believe it myself.
  • If you like someone, get close to them, then kiss them... Or at least it does, and has done, for me.
    I have done this. It has worked.
  • @Rym: K-Pop surprise karaoke party?
  • If you like someone, get close to them, then kiss them... Or at least it does, and has done, for me.
    I have done this. It has worked.
    You gotta want that pigeon. Once you do, just grab it.
  • Once you do, just grab it.
    Kissing is one thing. Grabbing might land you in jail.
  • You gotta want that pigeon. Once you do, just grab it.
    I still hate this analogy for dating. It's not some mindless bird. It's a person. You wanting them doesn't mean they'll ever want you.

That being said. Have confidence in yourself and don't shy away from make a move.
  • If you like someone, get close to them, then kiss them. Don't tell them how you feel, instead show them how you feel. There's still a chance they'll knock you back, but by that time you've already got a kiss. More often it will lead on to something else. Something more. Or at least it does, and has done, for me. My track record recently has been embarrassingly good, if good means I've slept with so many people in the past two months I can hardly believe it myself.
    MAKE SURE YOU ARE A GOOD KISSER FIRST!
  • There's still a chance they'll knock you back, but by that time you've already got a kiss.
    Not all people enjoy having their kisses stolen, you know.
  • Not all people enjoy having their kisses stolen, you know.
    I can at least say that, for all the times I've taken that chance, it was never unwelcome. Had it somehow been, I would have fully expected a broken nose.
    But it sure can have you taken aback and sweep you off your feet.

It's a risk, so there can be consequences.
  • I can at least say that, for all the times I've taken that chance, it was never unwelcome. Had it somehow been, I would have fully expected a broken nose.
    But you were pretty sure a head of time the outcome some of these people are closer to trolls then charismatic pretty boys :-p
  • I discovered over lunch break that my router hasn't updated my IP information with DynDNS since mid-August and apparently my cable company saw fit to change my IP some time in the last couple days. Unfortunately, I discovered this when I tried to remote into one of my boxes at home. Looks like I may need to reboot the router when I get home.
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2010
    Girl wants to boff guys she doesn't know well who are probably jerks/outlaw bikers. Hence, be an emotionally distant jerk and boff and do not expect a long-term relationship.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....It's Ladder theory time again!
    But this time, let's hope Emily doesn't call you a pig-fucker in Japanese again ^_^ You know she's srs bsns when it's in Japanese.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I never did! I never said that.
    I can at least say that, for all the times I've taken that chance, it was never unwelcome.
    You've just got to judge the situation.

However, there has never been a time when I've been alone with a girl to whom I was attracted, and guess she liked me back, when I thought TELLING her anything would be a better idea than just kissing her. It conveys the same message, but in a far more proactive way.

Thankfully, in just as many situations the girl has kissed me first, without saying anything or telling me anything. That proactive non-verbal communication always suits me just fine!
  • Girl wants to boff guys she doesn't know well who are probably jerks/outlaw bikers. Hence, be an emotionally distant jerk and boff and do not expect a long-term relationship.
    But this time, let's hope Emily doesn't call you a pig-fucker in Japanese again ^_^ You know she's srs bsns when it's in Japanese.
    I never did! I never said that.
    Yeah, that doesn't really sound like something she'd do... Then again, I've had rather limited interactions with Emily...
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2010
    Girl wants to boff guys she doesn't know well who are probably jerks/outlaw bikers. Hence, be an emotionally distant jerk and boff and do not expect a long-term relationship.
    I never did! I never said that.
    Yeah, that doesn't really sound like something she'd do... Then again, I've had rather limited interactions with Emily...
    @Sonic: As have I, but I remember laughing my ass off when I saw Emily's post about her flipping her shit when an ancient ladder theory thread was revived. Only to later discover that it was posted in 2006, when she thought ScoJo was trolling her again!! :D

@Gomi: "うるせえ〜!この野郎"
    The rough translation from Google reads as "Up one's nose! Pig fucker"
    Please tell me if this is wrong?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited August 2010
    It means "Shut up, you [very impolite].".
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • It means "Shut up, you [very impolite].".
    What's the expletive?
  • It's the politeness level used. That literally translates as "Shut up, this rascal.".
  • I didn't go to run and because of that I feel bleh :O
  • edited August 2010
    What's the expletive?
    It's "Urusee! Kono Yaro." you've heard it in basically every single anime with a gangster, punk kid, or badass.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • My family's drama is really driving me up a wall. I'm gonna lose more work/relationship time to go be a witness for my mom, who's marrying her boyfriend so that he won't get deported by the hand of her angry ex (it's very complicated), and this situation has been running a part of my life lately but I can't say no because she needs me and things would be even worse if I wasn't there. It's just such a mess that now I'm in a bad mood. I'm winding up in a bad mood every night, and that just... puts me in a bad mood.

Tomorrow I was finally gonna go grocery shopping, too. I'm being petty, and that makes me feel bad some more.
  • My family's drama is really driving me up a wall. I'm gonna lose more work/relationship time to go be a witness for my mom, who's marrying her boyfriend so that he won't get deported by the hand of her angry ex (it's very complicated), and this situation has been running a part of my life lately but I can't say no because she needs me and things would be even worse if I wasn't there. It's just such a mess that now I'm in a bad mood. I'm winding up in a bad mood every night, and that just... puts me in a bad mood.

Tomorrow I was finally gonna go grocery shopping, too. I'm being petty, and that makes me feel bad some more.
  • ...e-even my mom?
  • You can read -_-
  • I hate the world right now...and Oracle...mostly Oracle.
  • I hate the world right now...and Symantec Ghost Console...mostly Symantec Ghost Console.