This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• From an ad in on the NYC craigslist for a Java Developer.

"MUST HAVE SEQUEL EXPERIENCE."
    Apply for the job saying that you've seen Die Hard II AND Robocop III.
  • You sir are brilliant.
  • Here's my favorite:
  • That is absolutely ridiculous, but it's a jeep so it's cool despite that jeep being one of the worst cars ever built.
  • edited August 2010
    It sucks when I go to ANN, see what's happening if anything new is coming up...and I see this in the side bar.

Fucking FAIL. Out of every anime a dubbing company could pick, they picked the worst one ever.

EDIT: Fix'd, new picture used and put on imageshack just in case. Now we can all look at the fail. It was odd, the ANN block came up like, an hour later for me...
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • You know, I don't think I've ever seen that anime. Refresh my memory: How does it go?
  • edited August 2010
    This made me laugh really hard. Use this one instead.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • The fail here is of course Nukejsr being hotlink-blocked.
    Man, I never copied an image of that site. Many sites allow you to straight rip an image off it, so...I tried.
    You know, I don't think I've ever seen that anime. Refresh my memory: How does it go?
    You can judge it based on that cover. The person sandwiched between the two chicks? THAT'S A BOY. And he's really frightened to be by those pairs of tits and those girls have animal appendages...
    Man, I never copied an image of that site. Many sites allow you to straight rip an image off it, so...I tried.
    1) There's a "preview post" button. Learn how to use it. It will be a valuable asset in these here forums.
    2) imgur.com
  • 1) There's a "preview post" button. Learn how to use it. It will be a valuable asset in these here forums.
    Alternatively, if the fail has already occured, edit your post to be a whisper to yourself so no one sees it.
  • Bump for Edit and Fails.
  • You know, I don't think I've ever seen that anime. Refresh my memory: How does it go?
    You can judge it based on that cover. The person sandwiched between the two chicks? THAT'S A BOY. And he's really frightened to be by those pairs of tits and those girls have animal appendages...
    I was making a joke because of the hotlink block. I should have green texted that.
  • edited August 2010
    This is happening right outside my apartment complex right now. Crazy.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Andrew Bolt, who is sort of like our own home grown version of those crazy asshole right-wing pundits in america who are heading up the tea party, is trying to sue the Fake Andrew Bolt Twitter account for identity theft.

Amusingly, the comment about this that was taken up by the majority of the media is "So, by saying this is identity theft, that your own views are indistinguishable from parody?"
  • My mom told me to move all of my movies that aren't "watchable" off of the DVD shelf in the basement, meaning that she wants me to move all of the movies she doesn't like (and because of that, she assumes that no one else likes them). My DVD shelf now looks VERY bare.
  • My mom told me to move all of my movies that aren't "watchable" off of the DVD shelf in the basement, meaning that she wants me to move all of the movies she doesn't like (and because of that, she assumes that no one else likes them). MyDVD shelfnowlooks VERY bare.
    I'm assuming you only have one DVD shelf in your house and not some place in your room to put them?
  • Just remove them all and take the DVD player too. When she asks, say: "Well, without the player, none of them were watchable.".
  • In the 20 or so minutes I spent at the doctor's office yesterday, some moron swung open one of those big chain-link gates that block off dumpsters in parking areas...and smacked it right into the back of my car. The big hook thing was pressed against my rear window, and had it chipped or shattered the window, I would have gone to jail for the murdering spree I would have gone on.

Oh, and the person left the gate opened and against my car for me to find.

And didn't leave a "sorry bro" note or anything.

And my fucking deductible with Geico is $500 for collision, which is probably way above what the damage actually is, since fortunately it's a small ding and some scratched paint.

Fuck.
  • And my fucking deductible with Geico is $500 for collision, which is probably way above what the damage actually is, since fortunately it's a small ding and some scratched paint.
    Request the security tapes from the parking area: most places have a camera. You can get a court order for them if they won't just give them to you. You might get lucky and get the license plate of someone to then take to small claims court.
  • And my fucking deductible with Geico is $500 for collision, which is probably way above what the damage actually is, since fortunately it's a small ding and some scratched paint.
    Request the security tapes from the parking area: most places have a camera. You can get a court order for them if they won't just give them to you. You might get lucky and get the license plate of someone to then take to small claims court.
    If someone opened the gate, it was to throw something out in said dumpsters, and therefore likely an employee as opposed to someone hitting something and driving off. Also, there are no cameras.
  • 90% relative humidity right now. My kitchen is a swamp.
    On the up side, we can all eat the air now.
    On the up side, we can all eat the air now.
    No, just drown in it. I'd also like to say that right now, central air conditioning is rated as one of the greatest inventions of man in my mind. :P
  • edited August 2010
    Mmm, I love it when the weather is around 80 degrees and really, really humid. It feels so cozy when you're in the shade, like the air is a baby blanket.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • All-

Just a quick update as I have been receiving several messages about the Spinach samples. We are most likely looking at a retest of that matrix but will update you as son as possible. In the meantime, please go ahead and dispose of your spinach plates as I know it has been causing quite a space challenge for some of you. Thanks again for your cooperation with that.

Have a great weekend,
    [name omitted]
    We've been participating in an AOAC collaborative study. 6 different matrices spiked with Salmonella used to challenge a newly developed test method. It's a shit fuck ton of work, and apparently, the person heading up the study fucked up the spinach samples. Awesome.
  • Would that count as a case of the Peter Principle?
  • I was away for a month, and my subletter told me there were mice about. Instead of doing anything about it, he just moved out. I came home and couldn't hear or see or find the mice, but I cleaned up their mess (lots of little poops) and put out traps. For the last four days though, there has been a slight lingering smell.

Turns out the mice hadn't moved out on their own accord. Instead they had died in an out-of-the-way corner in my kitchen behind a cabinet. Three dead mice. Fuuuuuck! I really, really, really hope I tracked down the last of them, because cleaning up their remains was particularly smelly.

Scrub scrub scrub.
  • I found what seemed to be any awesome ribbon of pavement that just twists through the mountains of western Virginia, but it turns out it's Shenandoah National Park. >_>
  • Well, looks like all of my mates are softcocks, and are skipping out on tonight. fuckers.