This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Just chipped my tooth building a computer. I don't even know, man.
  • Some right-wing nutcase in another forum I visit just posted this:
    I don't really care what happens with this mosque, I just think it should be pointed out that you Lefties have weak arguments here.

Not that that's a surprise given the obvious fact that support for this mosque among the Left is merely a Stalking Horse for their anti-Semitism.
  • Yep, some people's grasp of logic sure is suspect.
  • Someone stole (And will probably melt down.) a statue of Isembard Kingdom Brunell (Kinda like Wolverine if Wolverine was a Victorian Engineer.). BBC Article.
  • malted barley bran left over from beer-making
    You brew too? Awesome.
  • You brew too? Awesome.
    I do! Although the mess my last batch of peach-infused wheat is another Fail of Your Day in its own right. Suffice it to say there was more immediately available sugar in the peaches than I expected and the yeast got pretty excited.

But yeah, super bonus fusion combo: use spent grain from brewing when making bread or granola for +50 fiber and +150 delicious.
  • Today I was volun-told to teach a class on networking and printers to our new hires later this week. Turns out that said class is scheduled to take place over two full days of eight hours each on Thursday and Friday. The newbies all have varying existing skill levels when it comes to both topics, ranging from "used to manage networks for a living until they got downsized" to "barely knows what a USB cable looks like" so I'm going to have to teach these like it's Networking and Printers 101. Now granted I can make the class take the full eight hours each day, but I get the feeling that the newbies would have that glazed-over look in their eyes by the end of day one if I went fully in-depth with both topics. Something tells me we're going to be taking a lot of smoke/bathroom breaks.
  • This is a USB cable. Alright, let's break for 7.5 hours.
  • edited August 2010
    The dozen or so bug bites on my right calf are driving me crazy with itchiness.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • The dozen or so bug bites on my right calf are driving me crazy with itchiness.
    Alcohol, apply internally.
  • Well, I finally got around to play the Episodes of Liberty City GTA DLC (though I bought the retail version since my XBox HD is kinda full). I finished The Lost and Damned without a hitch. Now I'm on the Ballad of Gay Tony and about half way through, there is this mission for this pretentious asshole named Yusuf called Sexy Time. In it, you gotta steal a combat helicopter from some arms dealer's yacht, which is quite easy. However, right after you got it you are supposed to sink the yacht, and after that three boats with arms dealers escaping on smaller boats. I've tried the mission five times and each time I ended up with the chopper in the boat because I can't freaking control the thing, I can't really steer the heli with the analog sticks and shoot with the X and A buttons at the same time (trigger buttons control the motor, raising or lowering altitude, and the bumpers rotate the heli).

I'm starting to get frustrated.

Here's someone with a whole lot more skill than I does it:
  • Alcohol, apply internally.
    George does not need the encouragement for booze.
  • I'm starting to get frustrated.
    I understand, flying that helicopter is a a bitch. There's a cheat code to get a helicopter, I'd try that and just fly around the city practicing. It took me hour or two to get even halfway decent at flying it.
  • George does not need the encouragement for booze.
    No, but a justification sure is handy! ^_^

Really not as much of a boozer as people think.
  • Time for back surgery. Hooray.
  • For about the last two days I've had shitty internet. Today I've found out why: Apparently lightning struck one of the telephone cables coming to my house. Fuck you Zeus.
  • Adam: What? WHAT?
    Shit, son. I hope it works for you. Are they fusing you, putting in a disk implant, or are they giving you some more hardcore hardware?
  • edited August 2010
    I'm opening up this printer/fax thing to clean it for use, and there's an, at least half a centimeter deep, pool of greasy ink in the waste ink tray. Going to need a syringe for this one.

Also, what is it with parents and expecting you do things which defy the nature of physics?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
    Shit, son. I hope it works for you. Are they fusing you, putting in a disk implant, or are they giving you some more hardcore hardware?
    Looks like a routine discectomy where they suck out all the bits of renegade socio-facist-islamist terrorist disc that are assaulting my freedom. My dad had it done and it took him about two weeks to be up and around, but that was 20-something years ago. He said the surgery is way better and much smaller now, and the doctor said it would probably take less than a week to heal. They don't need to cut muscle like they do for an inguernal hernia, they sort of make small incisions and push muscle to the side.
  • Today is a terrible day for me. Some of you might remember how sad I was when I got my mustache accidentally chopped off, well today...I'm getting all my long hair destroyed. My parents have it in there heads that every employer look down on people with long hair and it will prevent me from getting employment. Regardless I've got no choice, and I'll post pictures later.
  • Today is a terrible day for me. Some of you might remember how sad I was when I got my mustache accidentally chopped off, well today...I'm getting all my long hair destroyed. My parents have it in there heads that every employer look down on people with long hair and it will prevent me from getting employment. Regardless I've got no choice, and I'll post pictures later.
    Don't you already have a job?
    It was a six week temporary job that I hoped would lead into actual employment. However, such was not the case.
    It was a six week temporary job that I hoped would lead into actual employment. However, such was not the case.
    Aren't you 20. Just say "No, I am not cutting my hair."
  • Aren't you 20. Just say "No, I am not cutting my hair."
    This attack is very vulnerable to the "No you are not living in my house" counterattack.
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2010
    Aren't you 20. Just say "No, I am not cutting my hair."
    This attack is very vulnerable to the "No you are not living in my house" counterattack.
    My parents have said they'll take my money if I don't get another job, which is a fair enough punishment. However, the employment agency I'm associated with is searching for another job as we speak.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • My parents have said they'll take my money if I don't get another job, which is a fair enough punishment.
    Honestly, in this economy, that's not fair punishment. EVERYONE'S having trouble finding a job. I guess it'd be fair punishment if you weren't looking, but your parents ought to realize that the pickings are really slim right now, and any job opportunity that opens up immediately has 300 applications.
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2010
    My parents have said they'll take my money if I don't get another job, which is a fair enough punishment.
    I guess it'd be fair punishment if you weren't looking
    You are correct in that I was not looking at the time. Obviously, when they threatened this, I immediately started looking and have been ever since.
    Post edited by Geo on