This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• You work hard for your money. Nothing wrong with getting your dues.
    There is something wrong with just consuming for consumption's sake. I don't really need most of this crap.
    There is something wrong with just consuming for consumption's sake. I don't really need most of this crap.
    "He who dies with the most toys wins."
    Here's a simple test to see whether or not you are right in having something.

Does having that thing make you happy?

Is buying/having that thing a financially responsible thing to do? E.g. You can still cover your expenses.

If you can answer yes to both of those questions, then there is nothing wrong with buying stuff.
  • Does having that thing make you happy?
    Whatever happiness I gleaned from these things has long since faded.

Also, don't take this too seriously. I'm bitching about moving, not capitalism.
  • I'm bitching about moving, not capitalism.
    You know, this made me realize something kind of interesting. This is not proof of anything, just anecdotal from what I've experienced, but having helped several of my friends move, I've noticed that the more left-leaning they tend to be, the more crap they tend to own. It's just interesting to me that as the most "conservative" person in my friends group, and definitely the most pro-capitalism, I'm the worst consumer of them all.
  • I'm bitching about moving, not capitalism.
    Oh, shit, yeah. Moving sucks.
  • Why did I just picture Lenin pulling up outside a removal van place and winding down his window to glare at them?
  • Are you drunk?
  • Why did I just picture Lenin pulling up outside a removal van place and winding down his window to glare at them?
    I've got a buddy named Lenin who's done just that.
  • I have so much stuff that I'm going to have to rearrange my new place to fit all the stuff from my old place.
    My girlfriend has so much stuff that now that she's moved in with me, we're having to rearrange everything and get rid of piles and piles of stuff just in order to be able to walk around.

:(
  • I have so much stuff that I'm going to have to rearrange my new place to fit all the stuff from my old place.
    My girlfriend has so much stuff that now that she's moved in with me, we're having to rearrange everything and get rid of piles and piles of stuff just in order to be able to walk around.

Heeheehee. I remember this! Wait until you discover how much of it is shoes. :D
  • Heeheehee. I remember this! Wait until you discover how much of it is shoes. :D
    Or Bizzare shit that has no discernible function other than existing sheerly for the hell of it - Eg, Gold-plated Splayds.
  • That's funny. With myself and Jeremy, it was actually him who had more crap than myself. He was a pack rat and thought everything was a "collectible". Throughout several of our moves, he has gotten rid of a lot of crap. Thank goodness.

As for shoes, I will not lie. I had a lot. I actually got rid of 15 pairs a while ago. I still have 15+ pairs if you count flip flops.
  • In Japan, Pokemon is Serious Fucking Business.
    WTF?! They've arrested someone for uploading pictures of something that was released a month and a half ago?
  • George, you crack me up.

• My highest score was a 94 today. Tuesday will be better.
  • HEY GUYS REMEMBER THAT MOVIE WITH THAT GUY AND HE WORE THAT MASK AND TOLD US TO REMEMBER THE FIFTH OF NOVEMBER? THATS TODAY LOLOLOL
  • You know how New York Pizza and Bagels have that special thing, which was figured out years ago to be the water? Well, it turns out the secret ingredient in the water is delicious, delicious Lead.
  • You know how New York Pizza and Bagels have that special thing, which was figured out years ago to be the water?Well, it turns out the secret ingredient in the water is delicious, delicious Lead.
    Just proves me right: Chicago pizza is definitively the better pizza. Both in terms of taste, AND health.
  • Well, it turns out the secret ingredient in the water is delicious, delicious Lead.
    That story is so alarmist it sickens me.
  • Boo. Flight cancellation to Portland. We are able to catch a flight 45 mins later, but it totally delays our flight to Hawaii. We will have a layover in Portland for 3 hours. At least it will give us time to get food and what not.

My family and I will still make the luau tonight.

Heeheehee. I remember this! Wait until you discover how much of it is shoes. :D
    In my case it was manga. :P
  • Boo. Flight cancellation to Portland. We are able to catch a flight 45 mins later, but it totally delays our flight to Hawaii. We will have a layover in Portland for 3 hours. At least it will give us time to get food and what not.
    I laugh at your misfortune! ^_^
  • You know how New York Pizza and Bagels have that special thing, which was figured out years ago to be the water? Well, it turns out the secret ingredient in the water is delicious, delicious Lead.
    Okay, all that article says is that if you have an older home, you might have more lead in your water, so you should run the tap for a moment to get rid of the standing water. This is not a surprise. We still have some of the best, cleanest water in the country, according to EPA surveys, and it does make dang good bagels.
  • and it does make dang good bagels.
    That's probably just the high quantity of salt they use.
  • I laugh at your misfortune! ^_^
    I laugh at you rereading QC! You should be watching Castle!

I'll send you a nice text message when I'm on the beach in 85 degree weather.
  • I laugh at you rereading QC!
    I am not rereading it. I'm just trying to read when I have down time, but there isn't anymore to read.
  • That's probably just the high quantity of salt they use.
    The water does make a difference. Some out-of-state pizza makers import New York water to make theirs more "authentic". There was a TV show on the Food Network a while back that had a famous New York pizza maker use New York water and out-of-state water to make two pizzas and they told us they could taste the difference (yes, it was a double-blind test, and yes, I know this doesn't necessarily prove anything, but do you really expect a peer-reviewed study in a scientific journal about pizza water?).
  • Pandora sounded weird, so I thought it was acting up. Then youtube video also sounded weird, so I thought my computer was acting weird. Then I noticed my headphones had popped half out of the jack.