This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Call their bluff. When something goes to a collection agency, the original owner of the debt relinquishes all ownership of said debt. For example, a Bob's Discount Collection Agency would buy the debt for pennies on the dollar from your Apartment Company. Then, Bob's has the right to collect as much as the full amount from you, assuming you pay, which we all know you won't. This is basically a threat from the Apartments saying "We'll give all your information to some shady assholes who will bother you every day to pay them."
    If this happens, and the Collection Agency does in fact contact you, all you have to do is send some choice information to them, like 'I have a lawyer and am suing the Apartment Complex' and they can't legally bother you until the case is resolved. If they bother you illegally, then you can sue the collection agency as well. :D
  • San Diego Comic-Con really needs to get their shit together. Registration was supposed to open on the first, but their servers were hit too hard and they had to reschedule to today... where the exact same thing happened and they had to delay registration again. I have no idea what's going on on their end, but this is getting stupid.
  • RymRym
    edited November 2010
    I have no idea what's going on on their end
    Poor IT and a lack of giving a shit. They'll sell out no matter what, so who cares?

I also just learned how much badges cost for that con. I can't imagine I would ever even consider attending unless it was comped... Compared to PAX or even Otakon, it's a bum deal, especially when I can hit the NYCC and the MoCCA for less total money.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • I also just learned how much badges cost for that con. I can't imagine I would ever even consider attending unless it was comped... Compared to PAX or even Otakon, it's a bum deal.
    Yea, considering you only get to go to a few events because it's so mobbed.
  • Despite some of my best efforts to get stuff done, I haven't accomplished much today.
  • edited November 2010
    So, due to recent development, meeting with our attorney, and going over everything, we came to the conclusion that...we can't sue them.

Get this news. We get even more evidence again them, in proof from North 38's own Student Handbook, that the "Use or Possession of Combustible Paints and Liquids" and that it violates the complex's OWN FIRE CODE. And we even have evidence, that they FORGED MY SIGNATURE on a copy of my original lease moving in. But even with all of this evidence stacked against me, we will most likely not win in a situation against the law, because my mother has signed a guarantor's agreement.

You might think that they still outweigh us in terms of legal issues. However, my mom and brother are both security investors. Their careers are based on having great reputations in the community, especially to not to get judgment against us. That could do immense damage to my family, as my mom is our primary source of income. We have to stick with the lease, and pay the continuing fee of $505 each month. It was only until our lawyer called the main manager of the apartment complex, would she then help me. She said that they still had open rooms available for rent. They may want to keep our lease based on that, but I can't accept moving into another apartment due to all this screwing. So my only options for living, would be to go with the people who already rammed me in the ass, or with my parents to continue our commute. Thankfully, it will all end in Mid-July.

FML. ...FML badly.
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • WTF. That makes no sense. WTF!
  • WTF. That makes no sense. WTF!
    I'll explain more on the situation, if requested. If we get tried, basically a "judgment" to a security investor compromises to other people and other investors, that they are bad with money, almost like a Sex Offender Dot. I need to vent, because even I can't believe this immoral bullshit.
  • Well that's FUBAR. Kinda makes my complaint that Domino's won't deliver to my job kinda stupid.
  • After all my best efforts of being a miser, I am finally turning on a heater.

It's been snowing/hailing/windy all day. It's still snowing and will be snowing all night to more freezing temperatures tomorrow.
  • It's been snowing/hailing/windy all day. It's still snowing and will be snowing all night to more freezing temperatures tomorrow.
    WIN
  • It's all nice and snowy there, and it's hot as balls in NYC right now. What the hell.
  • edited November 2010
    It might even snow in London, yayyyyy!
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on
  • Student fees protest in leeds today, what's the first thing they do? Copy the Millbank Wankers, Take over one of the uni buildings, and start acting a fucking disgrace. GOD FUCKING DAMN IT I wish I was still broadcasting from LSR, I'm all full of fire, with not a mic to spit it down.
  • Left earbud is going out. Lame.
  • Strauss in the first over of the Ashes, out for a duck.
  • edited November 2010
    Strauss in the first over of the Ashes, out for a duck.
    I have no idea what any of this means, but is sounds like it has to do with football er...soccer?
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Strauss in the first over of the Ashes, out for a duck.
    I have no idea what any of this means, but is sounds like it has to do withfootballer...soccer?
    Cricket, actually.
  • I present to you all a series of fails and win at a ska show:

A past fail: Missing Suburban Legends and Aquabats in 2008 due to Mama's death.
    A present win: Seeing them exactly two years later!
    fail: Having to wait in the will call line and missing Suburban Legends beginning when they played my theme song Bring Spring Morning.
    win: The rest of their show.
    Win win win: Seeing and falling in love and buying the tee shirt with The Aquabats!
    Semi win semi fail: Getting hit in the eye while skanking/moshing. A new battle scar of pride!
  • Win win win: Seeing and falling in love and buying the tee shirt with The Aquabats!
    Pic required <_
  • Seems like I won't be coming to visit USA anytime soon. I wasn't chosen for exchange student program. Might try again next year.
  • Win win win: Seeing and falling in love and buying the tee shirt with The Aquabats!
    Pic required <_<</p>
    Like, me wearing the shirt?
    Pic required <_<</p>
    Like, me wearing the shirt?
    I was thinking more of the shirt at least but whatevs.
  • GeoGeo
    edited November 2010

What the hell is wrong with some people?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • What the hell is wrong with some people?
  • Not that scared by clowns but Idolmaster and Kigurumi are pretty damn unnerving.
  • Being away at university has made me take the little things for granted. Like internet that just works and a shower that's not a foot shorter than me.
  • Being away at university has made me take the little things for granted. Like internet that just works and a shower that's got actual pressure behind it.
    QFT
  • edited November 2010
    Drove for for and a half hours today while it was snowing like a butthole. And when I finally arrive home again, warmth, food and comfort in sight and not the terror of perhaps some idiot crashing his car into mine or it otherwise breaking down, I find that nobody had cared to shovel the driveway while I was away, despite my mother and stepfather being home all day. So the first thing my mom tells when I step through the door is that I should shovel right away (half past 5 pm, dark, cold, snowing) because tomorrow it could be half a meter (it was around 30 cm high at the time). Well thanks, not like you could have shoveled yourself...
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Took my eMachine into Best Buy to get it looked at because the damn wireless doesn't work. Guy runs an antivirus and says it'll take 20 minutes. I come back 20 minutes later, and it says it'll take four hours! We stopped the antivirus and they're gonna send it in for repairs. All kinds of stuff wrong with it anyway.