This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Dude, you should have just done a format and a full reinstall, drivers and all. You could have saved a lot of money.
  • edited November 2010
    Dude, you should have just done a format and a full reinstall, drivers and all. You could have saved a lot of money.
    Got a two-year black tie protection plan. Everything's free.

Edit the first: And they're gonna have to crack open the case anyway since the power button is wonky.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • Ah, okay. It's all good, then.
  • Starting around 9 PM tonight, Comcast had a DNS error that screwed me in terms of accessing the internet.
  • Starting around 9 PM tonight, Comcast had a DNS error that screwed me in terms of accessing the internet.
    Switching to Google's DNS server (8.8.8.8) will occasionally fix DNS errors.
  • edited November 2010
    My university department's server was down all day yesterday preventing me from starting on my homework. So I just played Recettear instead.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • My university department's server was down all day yesterday preventing me from starting on my homework. So I just played Recettear instead.
    And how is this a fail? :P
  • My university department's server was down all day yesterday preventing me from starting on my homework. So I just played Recettear instead.
    And how is this a fail? :P
    I wanted to get started on my homework because I thought it might be kind of hard. Recettear was just a consolation prize.
  • edited November 2010
    My orgo lab exam is on Tuesday. It's cumulative. I'm going to throw up a heart attack.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Freaking out for no real reason about giving my minimal salary requirement. I want a new job, but not enough to take a substantial pay cut...
  • NCIX's Cyber Monday sale is currently one hour and forty minutes late.
  • NCIX's Cyber Monday sale is currently one hour and forty minutes late.
    Timezones.
  • edited November 2010
    Nope.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • So, the sale went up with 9 shitty items (one of them a 4gb usb flash drive with a $3 MIR.) Hitler rants and sad cat pictures were posted on the forums.
  • So I found a list of the 100 "best" movie spaceships on the internet, and it doesn't include the Yamato, the Arcadia or the Bebop. Not to mention that when it goes up to 100, it should probably include Galaxy Express 999 and Spike's Swordfish II as well. Complete fail...
  • Fail: Misplaced my scan gun, think I may have found it, and the wifi is inoperative.

Solution: Yoinked one from the returns pile.
  • Fail: A 6 hour car ride turned into a 9 hour slog due to people not knowing how to fucking drive. There were no less than five accidents on the 95, two of which where on the opposite side of the road which, for some reason, everyone decided it was very important to slow down and stop to look at.
    Also, two major toll booth hubs were undergoing construction causing further traffic.
    I hate everyone who drove on the 95 on Saturday.
  • A 6 hour car ride turned into a 9 hour slog due to people not knowing how to fucking drive.
    Google robot cars will fix this within our lifetime.
    two of which where on the opposite side of the road which, for some reason, everyone decided it was very important to slow down and stop to look at.
    Alabama for a while tried putting up big black sheets to prevent anyone from seeing anything and slowing down traffic. Of course, people slowed down even MORE to try and peek around them...
  • Fail: A 6 hour car ride turned into a 9 hour slog due to people not knowing how to fucking drive. There were no less than five accidents on the 95, two of which where on the opposite side of the road which, for some reason, everyone decided it was very important to slow down and stop to look at.
    Ah, I remember the Pleasure of massive traffic jams. Mostly cruising right past everyone stuck in one on my motorbike, and enjoying a bit of near-empty road ahead of me for a while.
  • A 6 hour car ride turned into a 9 hour slog due to people not knowing how to fucking drive.
    two of which where on the opposite side of the road which, for some reason, everyone decided it was very important to slow down and stop to look at.
    Alabama for a while tried putting up big black sheets to prevent anyone from seeing anything and slowing down traffic. Of course, people slowed down even MORE to try and peek around them...
    I feel strongly that every responding officer to any accident should be allowed encouraged to fire their weapons at people slowing down in the opposite lane attempting to have a looky-loo.
    I feel strongly that every responding officer to any accident should beallowedencouraged to fire their weapons at people slowing down in the opposite lane attempting to have a looky-loo.
    I second this motion.
  • I second this motion.
    All in favor? Aye.
  • nay, I freaking like to see what happened, What else am I going to do on a 8 hour car ride that just turned into 10, at least I got to see a freaking accident.
  • nay, I freaking like to see what happened, What else am I going to do on a 8 hour car ride that just turned into 10, at least I got to see a freaking accident.
    *bang* Move along sir.
  • They should put up the black sheets but on them, write "Accident in half a mile, please maintain speed." so that people drive past the main accident, expecting it to be up ahead.
  • Fail 1; Its woman cold.
    Fail 2; It has snowed everywhere but on my university.
    Fail 3; My heating is broken, its really cold.
  • Motion carries.

In other news, it's so boring at work today that I just telnetted into a BBS. Yes, you heard that right.
  • My SQL fu is weak today.
  • My family is in the very real danger of losing our house. FML