This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • edited December 2010
    That album was good.

The vinyl counterpart:
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Fail: I decided to have a cookie for breakfast this morning. When my blood sugar completely crashed 45 minutes later, I remembered why I eat a high-protein diet.
    You problem was a singular cookie. You need to have bunch if you're going with cookies. Also, this is why I pack granola bars now.
  • That album was good.
    Indeed, it is.
  • Also, that is a lie, we just watched (and bought) Trigun.
    We finished it a while ago. ;^)

Sadly, my only other option would have been to pirate Trigun. Going forward, I plan to rip the few DVDs I own and be done with them.
    You can buy all of Trigun on iTunes...
  • Remember when Scott was the only one at RIT with a cell phone?
    I do remember the pre-cellphone, pre-Youtube, pre-Wikipedia days. It was like the fucking dark ages. Now I have access to the internet on my phone, which has a memory card whose capacity is orders of magnitude larger than the storage on my first PC.

And clicking a button to have a DVD delivered to your doorstep is too much effort because then you'd actually have to, like, handle a DVD. What a world we live in.
    You problem was a singular cookie.
    It was a 300 calorie cookie.
  • And clicking a button to have a DVD delivered to your doorstep is too much effort because then you'd actually have to, like, handle a DVD. What a world we live in.
    I pay people to deliver 90% of the things I buy, included groceries. On the latter, they will carry it all the way to the kitchen for me.

And despite this, I am often too lazy to finish a grocery order online...
  • And despite this, I am often too lazy to finish a grocery order online...
    and Rym eventually dies of starvation and laziness....
  • While I do agree that people in general are horrible at taking care of physical media, I do also know that I've gotten well over 50 DVDs from Netflix this year, and only one had any issues playing at all. So, at least for me, my rate of good DVDs versus good streaming sessions favors heavily to the DVDs. For me to switch over to stream completely, it needs three things:

1) Better connectivity (Netflix has a lot more problems here than Hulu or other streaming sites do)
    2) Extra content (at least for movies I actually like and want the special features)
    3) Better subtitle support
  • I do also know that I've gotten well over 50 DVDs from Netflix this year, and only one had any issues playing at all.
    Yeah, they usually play just fine. But they still have visible scratches all over them, typically the kind you see when people are careless and leave DVDs sitting face down on a surface for extended periods.
    (Netflix has a lot more problems here than Hulu or other streaming sites do)
    I never have problems. Of course, I have FIOS.
    Extra content (at least for movies I actually like and want the special features)
    I honestly have little interest in the vast majority of extras on DVDs.
    Better subtitle support
    This is my primary complaint.
  • Netflix Streaming still doesn't have the selection comparable to the DVDs available.
  • edited December 2010
    Netflix Streaming still doesn't have the selection comparable to the DVDs available.
    This times a million. I cannot stream Ebola Syndrome, Rym.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I cannot streamEbola Syndrome,
    I actually view this as a good thing for society...
  • Streaming access to Ebola Syndrome would create a tear in the very fabric of life as we know it.
  • I cannot streamEbola Syndrome,
    I actually view this as a good thing for society...
    Nor can I stream Attack the Gas Station! Tell me that's not a negative for all of humanity.
  • and Rym eventually dies of starvation and laziness....
    Although he says this, forgetting to put in the grocery order is often my fault, and we still cook a heck of a lot more than we did in Beacon.
  • Do they deliver groceries while you aren't there? Because I'd be really uncomfortable with that.
  • Do they deliver groceries while you aren't there? Because I'd be really uncomfortable with that.
    Only if your building has a fridge downstairs, which our building does. The whole point is that you schedule a time when they can deliver it.
  • Only if your building has a fridge downstairs, which our building does. The whole point is that you schedule a time when they can deliver it.
    Ok, that's pretty cool then. If I didn't have a car I'd totally go for something like this.
  • All day I've been forgetting things and having deja-vu way more often than usual. I even bought my dad a second Christmas present. Getting worried.
  • I think CDs get scratched so much, because of what happens if they fall on the floor. There's more dust and sundries than one can imagine, and a bunch are going to hit if you slip up.
  • You mean to say that there are people who let CDs fall onto the floor?

I've never been much a fan of holy war but I feel that, in this case, I could make an exception.
  • You mean to say that there are people who let CDs fall onto the floor?
    Thing is, if someone dropped a CD occasionally, I would understand. But when a person's entire optical media collection is staggeringly scratched to hell and back, I wonder what kind of person they are.
  • edited December 2010
    That post felt like a Craig David song.

EDIT: this post was written about 14 hours ago.
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • Now I have access to the internet on my phone,
    Today I was setting up my camera next to a rough sea for a dramatic shot of me juggling in front of the crashing waves. All was well, and then a freak wave hit me as I waited for the sun to come out. I now have a broken iPhone, and the sea water also broke the headphones I bought on Saturday.

But as I was already wet, I went for ever more dramatic videos:

• Didn't get to see the lunar eclipse thanks to light pollution and a goddamn overcast sky.
  • Didn't get to see the lunar eclipse thanks to light pollution and a goddamn overcast sky.
    This times a goddamn million.
  • edited December 2010
    I went outside to see the lunar eclipse, and there were clouds in the way :(

Also, it was woman, so I wasn't willing to wait for the clouds to move.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • edited December 2010
    Two weeks ago, I ordered a gift for my Dad. Many days went by and it was still "processing," despite the website saying that it usually ships in one-to-two days. After five days I emailed the company to find out why it wasn't shipping. Two days later the company responded and told me that the item was back ordered indefinably, despite the website showing it as "in stock." I ordered the gift from a different vendor that I already confirmed has the item, but t here is no way to get it to him before Christmas. It isn't a big deal, but it stinks.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • edited December 2010
    You mean to say that there are people who let CDs fall onto the floor?
    Thing is, if someone dropped a CD occasionally, I would understand. But when a person's entire optical media collection is staggeringly scratched to hell and back, I wonder what kind of person they are.
    Does it count as being irresponsible with physical media if I rip a CD and then see if I can use it like a frisbee to hit the tree in my back yard?
    Post edited by Neito on