This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• I found out my shitball of an uncle, is an even bigger shithead yesterday. I always knew he was a pothead, but I found out he's growing pot in his parents house, where he works to care for his father who needs nursing assistance. He's a fucking lawyer, and what's worse is that when I told my brother about this, he went: "...yeah, atleast he isn't doing it in his mother's room."

Fuck drugs. Honestly.
  • I just spent the last 2 hours teaching my mom how to use her new iPod Touch (including actually using the device and ripping CD's) on her slow ass laptop. I miss my Macbook.
  • Food poisoning from Christmas Eve dinner. This blows.
  • Food poisoning from Christmas Eve dinner. This blows.
    Yikes. Good luck with that.
  • I downloaded Tribes 2 thinking it would be kinda Unreal Tournament-ish. And I saw this training mode, decided to try that before playing the campaign or online. And it let me choose difficulty. So I chose hard. I fucking suck at it. Died like 3 times in the training mission now.
  • Changed it to medium. I still suck just as bad.
  • edited December 2010
    Hey Aria, if you add me on Skype, I'll set up a practice server and show you the ropes.

But first slepps.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Fucking hell I'm horrible at this!! Does everyone else blast through these no problem!? They're training missions, so I assume they're easier than the actual game, and I can't do any of them on medium!
  • Don't worry about it. It will seem like that when you go back and play games from another era as you have to learn to deal with all the conventions of that era.
    T2 is also pretty unique in and of itself, too.
  • edited December 2010
    So.... I realized the tutorial missions suck ass and tried a bot VS match. Holy shit this is like, the best game ever! And now that I've determined this, Ima go pass out, since its 7:32 in the morning..
    Post edited by Aria on
  • Ah nothing like making a sandwich in the dark, biting in, and getting that wonderful penicillin flavor.
  • edited December 2010
    Spent most of the day keeping water out of the bottom of my house, which was flooding pretty bad. Like, four inches bad, because the previous renters had tried to keep the water out, by sealing the bottom four inches up as best they could. Except, they did a shit job, because it's JUST watertight enough to keep a majority of the water in, but not watertight enough to keep water out, and with today's rain, and the lay of where the house is, it filled right up.
    So, I spent the day breaking the "waterproofing" to let the water out quickly, sweeping the rest out, and then sandbagging and waterproofing what I could to keep as much as I could out, while leaving enough holes downslope-ish that the water that DOES get in, runs out.
    Christmas, the day before was pretty good, but my sister was quite herself.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • It seems I have run into a bug with Pro Tools 9 according to a suggestion on their forums. While tracking, I get errors saying that I'm experiencing "CPU overload." So basically, I can't record anything until they release an update. This blows.
  • CPU Overload sounds pretty awesome.
  • DAMN YOU TASTY PATE PETE!!! My cholesterol levels are slightly above normal thanks to you!
  • Amnesia stubbornly refuses to work on my computer. I'm raging pretty hard.
  • FSS's pages are too big to readably scale to the Kindle. I'm going to try Berserk and report back.
  • The real water is so much better, though.
  • My beard has a natural parting.
  • In November, I was home for one week for break. In December, I was home for two weeks for break. Oops.
  • edited December 2010

Wow. I had no idea this meter existed. I guess October was when I downloaded all of MST3K. :P
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • Did they do anything about it?
  • Did they do anything about it?
    No. I had to have a tech come out some time in October for a connectivity issue, and they did mention the cap, but they told me that it's just an option for Comcast to enforce if they need to. Normally they don't do anything about going over the cap.
  • *cough*Steam*cough*
  • edited January 2011
    Had a fucked up nightmare I don't want to explain, and woke up mid-bedsheet entangled leap out of bed. Which went nowhere fast. And by Nowhere, I mean "Into the bookcase, hard" - end result, clicking jaw, quite possibly broken nose, cut cheek, bruised from books falling on me, two bookshelves snapped, and a towel. Fucking nightmares, I'll slit your goddamn throat and fucking fuck the hole, cunting shitudders.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited January 2011
    Had a fucked up nightmare I don't want to explain, and woke up mid-bedsheet entangled leap out of bed. Which went nowhere fast. And by Nowhere, I mean "Into the bookcase, hard" - end result, clicking jaw, quite possibly broken nose, cut cheek, bruised from books falling on me, two bookshelves snapped, and a towel. Fucking nightmares, I'll slit your goddamn throat and fucking fuck the hole, cunting shitudders.
    That had to have been one hell of a nightmare. I once woke up from a nightmare, and cut my toe on a stool. I had to wake my mother up because the tip of my toe was hanging on by a tiny flap of skin.

Still, a broken nose is something I couldn't imagine. I hope everything heals up nicely.
    Post edited by Diagoras on
  • That had to have been one hell of a nightmare. I once woke up from a nightmare, and cut my toe on a stool. I had to wake my mother up because the tip of my toe was hanging on by a tiny flap of skin.

Still, a broken nose is something I couldn't imagine. I hope everything heals up nicely.
    Well, to update, everything is pretty alright, cheek is minor and healing, nose is only a minor break, and the bookshelves are fucked, but cheap enough to replace. The towel's a bit of a loss, but it's just a towel.
  • edited January 2011
    That had to have been one hell of a nightmare. I once woke up from a nightmare, and cut my toe on a stool. I had to wake my mother up because the tip of my toe was hanging on by a tiny flap of skin.

Well, to update, everything is pretty alright, cheek is minor and healing, nose is only a minor break, and the bookshelves are fucked, but cheap enough to replace. The towel's a bit of a loss, but it's just a towel.
    Would disagree.

Now for my fail:
    After providing a photo of a cd key to one of my games with a hand-written trouble ticket number on it, Steam is STILL telling me my account isn't tied to the games.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • edited January 2011
    Fail: Everybody on the forums keeps talking about pho. I haven't had pho since high school. Dammit why do I live in a Mexican neighbourhood?

I'd pay ready money for pho delivery right now.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on