This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• I stalled my car today. Twice.
  • Broke my streak of not slipping and falling. Held for about 7 years. My hip hurts a little now :/
  • edited January 2011
    A new edition of Huck Finn is having every instance of a particular slur removed. I hate stuff like this.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I spent $50 for the Diablo 2 box (the one with d2, and the expansion) out of nostalgia, only to come home, take it out of the box, and then look at my netbook.

I bought the goddamn games and still had to pirate them.
  • I am sick as a dog. :(
  • edited January 2011
  • Cops officially need no warrant to search your texts.

What the fuck, America.
    What about password locks? Can the police or court force you to unlock it?
  • edited January 2011
    What about password locks? Can the police or court force you to unlock it?
    Not without a warrant. Also, you can set an iPhone to auto-delete all of my texts after a preset amount of failed access attempts.
  • Right, then there's a reason to always keep a passwork lock on your phone.
  • Right, then there's a reason to always keep a passwork lock on your phone.
    I prefer to hide everything in plain sight. There's so many messages on my phone that an officer couldn't possibly find anything interesting in a traffic stop.
  • The point isn't that he'd find something, it's the fact that the policy is bullshit.
  • 1) I seem to have caught the sick for the first time in years. On the first day of the semester no less.
    2) My laptop's power cable and the bit what puts the power into the laptop have stopped getting along, which means I have to jerry rig it until the new one gets here on Wednesday.
  • I have terrible Internet connection quality today, so I couldn't play a game with friends.
    It's probably related to the flooding in Brisbane.
  • Snowpacalypse, my arse. It snowed a bit last night. The rain then decided to say "Fuck that, slushie time!" Boo.
  • slushie time
    Slush is the worst possible thing.
  • Black ice; So thin you can't even see it. Had it a few days ago.
  • slushie time
    Slush is the worst possible thing.
    It's really not that bad as long as you're not walking around in it.

Black ice is the worse, imo.

Also, it really bugs me when people barely dust the snow off their car. They just brush off the windows, but not the top of their car. What happens when they go driving and they accelerate/brake? That's right, the snow falls down onto their windshields/rear windows. Dumb asses.
  • Also, it really bugs me when people barely dust the snow off their car. They just brush off the windows, but not the top of their car. What happens when they go driving and they accelerate/brake? That's right, the snow falls down onto their windshields/rear windows. Dumb asses.
    It's illegal in all the civilized states to drive like that.
  • Slush is the worst possible thing.
    As everyone has said, mother fucking black ice. Also snow.
  • Blah, Snow is Awesome. Black ice is not a big deal if you are paying attention. Walking through a puddle of slush. WORST TIME EVER. (especially you are not wearing boots).
  • It's not forest fires, flooding or earthquakes.
  • It's not forest fires, flooding or earthquakes.
    NO SLUSH IS WORSE THEN THOSE. Because at least with those you get news reports and drama. With Slush you only get WET FEET.. OMG ;-p
  • My brand new earbuds just broke. I got them less than a month ago. This would be less frustrating if this wasn't what always happened.
  • edited January 2011
    Walking through a puddle of slush. WORST TIME EVER. (especially you are not wearing boots).
    Scott also has trouble with rain puddles and wet concrete. ;P
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • Instead of my normal healthy oatmeal and Morning Star veggie/soy patties for breakfast, I went to the canteen and got corned beef hash and a sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit.

That probably wasn't the best idea for eating so much greasy foods in the morning.
  • Instead of ordering Pho and Banh Mi like I was planning to, I was seduced by cheap Chinese food! Ack!
  • edited January 2011
    It's not forest fires, flooding or earthquakes.
    Flooding over here, Bushfires over in perth. If we get an earthquake in the middle, It's a fucking hat-trick, and we can just call it a day.

for a nice little comparison - Disaster declared area after Hurricane Katrina: 233,000sq km.
    Disaster declare area after Queensland floods : 1,000,000+sq km.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited January 2011
    You could get an earthquake just off the coast in the middle and get a free tsunami. Double your pleasure, double your fun.
  • You could get an earthquake just off the coast in the middle and get a free tsunami. Double your pleasure, double your fun.
    Entirely unreasonably, I've been annoyed at people calling the flood surges at toowoomba - a 2 Meter high wall of water - a tsunami.
  • toowoomba
    Man, the US is totally uncreative with placenames.