This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• I just beatBrutal Legend... Yeah. That game was really bad.
    I didn't beat it, but I thought it was alright. Pretty simplistic, but kind of fun and it had a good atmosphere if nothing else.
  • I just beatBrutal Legend... Yeah. That game was really bad.
    This was by far the most disappointing game of last year for me. I really just wanted to take the soundtrack and replace the whole game around it.
  • had a good atmosphere if nothing else.
    That's it! It had good art, good atmosphere, and meh gameplay.
  • had a good atmosphere if nothing else.
    That's it! It had good art, good atmosphere, and meh gameplay.
    The art style, soundtrack, and story line of the game where amazing. That's why I felt the need to finish the game, but the game play is poop.
  • Never keep a 40oz of malt liquor in the door of a fridge that has a habit of having things fall out. Beer fail.
  • So, I've been spending a good portion of tonight looking for my water-color I'm supposed to be doing in Art I. It's 10 'til 1 here in Austin, and I just found it. Somehow it was behind the piano. Also, I was much farther behind than I thought I was, so it looks like it's "All Nighter Art Time" at the JukeBox residence.

At least tomorrow is just "here are your classes for senior year, sleep in every class" day.
  • Eleven-year-old gives "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World" a D+ review:

• Combined Brushiebrushiebrushie
    I fucking love you guys.
    Someone has been watching Roger Ebert. The kid is just mincing those old review shows. Also how did they find a 11 year old movie critic who doesn't play video games??????
  • edited January 2011
    Eleven-year-old gives "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World" a D+ review:
    Someone has been watching Roger Ebert. The kid is just mincing those old review shows. Also how did they find a 11 year old movie critic who doesn't play video games??????
    I feel like the worst thing in that video was that kid's voice, I wanted to punch him in his prepubescent balls just to make them drop and just hope that his voice gets less annoying.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
    I feel like the worst thing in that video was that kid's voice, I wanted to punch him in his prepubescent balls just to make them drop and just hope that his voice gets less annoying.
    FYI. YNN is the local news channel for Albany. :(
    FYI. YNN is the local news channel for Albany. :(
    YNN is actually in numarous places, but each location focuses on it's city's local news. It's a Time Warner service. For example, Rochester's YNN focuses on Rochester news.
  • edited January 2011
    Jesus Christ, that kid doesn't half shit me off. He doesn't review movies, he just shits on them or occasionally worships them to seem smart and savvy, when it's just bollocks. The kid is just talking shit and sounding adult, when he's just an eleven year old who doesn't understand what the fuck he's trying to talk about. Smart with words, but his knowledge of film history, techniques, damn near anything, Matty Geofino has more in his tiny little pinky toe than this kid has in his entire smarmy-ass body.

Edit - Wait a minute, I wasn't really watching(since it's just audio, really) but isn't that George Takei on Howard stern there? I could swear it is.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Edit - Wait a minute, I wasn't really watching(since it's just audio, really) but isn't that George Takei on Howard stern there? I could swear it is.
    You are correct, ser.
  • Fuck that little kid. I have friends doing their undergrad in film studies so that they can write reviews and create films, and this little 6th grade cretin is getting accepted by national press?! What?

Anyway, my fail: It's the second day of our syllabus week, and I spent all night bargling and coughing until my lungs hurt. Then, I missed today's first lecture--which is the very first lecture for this class of the semester. I. Am. Miserable.
  • Someone has been watching Roger Ebert. The kid is just mincing those old review shows.
    I really agree. From the moment I heard him talk, I noticed he used the exact same mannerisms as Ebert. Props to him for trying, but he really needs to find his own voice. Unfortunately all the attention he's getting will more than likely prevent that from happening.
  • Props to him for trying, but he really needs to find his own voice.
    He also needs to find some knowledge about film theory. But, sadly, the same obstacles apply.
  • Someone has been watching Roger Ebert. The kid is just mincing those old review shows.
    I really agree. From the moment I heard him talk, I noticed he used the exact same mannerisms as Ebert. Props to him for trying, but he really needs to find his own voice. Unfortunately all the attention he's getting will more than likely prevent that from happening.
    Roger Ebert can get away with that shit... because he's Roger Ebert and actually has intresting and insightful things to say, also his voice is deep enough that it dosn't strike me as annoying. This little kid... What the hell?
    Fail of Ray's day.
  • Contrary to my initial belief, the new SyFy series Face Off isn't about either hockey or Nicholas Cage and John Travolta changeing faces. :(
  • the new SyFy series Face Off isn't about either hockey or Nicholas Cage and John Travolta changeing faces.
    I want a movie that's about exactly that.

/saw Face Off in the theater
    //also saw Sudden Death in the theater
  • What a crime, progSHELL, what a crime.

Saw Sudden Death a couple of months ago. What a ridiculous and cheesy movie. Only made it through because I had a funny commentary track. At least I saw a Penguins suffer. But hey, apparently Jean Claude Van-Damme can change in and out of a full set of goalie equipment in 30 seconds flat.
  • Fail of Ray's day.
    Rym, did you buy that print? I've been consider picking up one of his pieces for a while.
  • Jeebus, you guys. He is an above average kid being pimped out by his parents to make some bank (which I hope goes to him and not his parents, but who knows). His voice is annoying (as are most boys voices of his age), but his reviews are no better and no worse than the local reviewers on most television/radio shows.

Also, for the most part, I agree with his review of Scott Pilgrim.
    *hides in a hole to get away from the forthcoming onslaught of fanboys/girls*
  • Also, for the most part, I agree with his review of Scott Pilgrim.
    *hides in a hole to get away from the forthcoming onslaught of fanboys/girls*
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • My cat, who we thought was getting better, probably now has liver cancer and probably won't be there the next time I go home from college. :'(
  • My cat, who we thought was getting better, probably now has liver cancer and probably won't be there the next time I go home from college. :'(
    Awwe. I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope for the best, even though it may not happen.
  • Recent episode of Stuff You Should Know about acupuncture. I'm listening to it all the way through just to hear it out.