This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• edited January 2011
    It's actually kind of weird, Modern Sci-fi TV shows have tons of strong female characters but movies not so much.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Oh, like Starbuck? Who was a dude originally? So many of my favorite SciFi girls are literarily transgendered. (Firefly has good female characters, though)
  • Oh, like Starbuck? Who was a dude originally? So many of my favorite SciFi girls are literarily transgendered.
    Actually I was thinking of the President.
  • edited January 2011
    2004 Starbuck and Original Starbuck are COMPLETELY different characters in terms of motivation, persona, beliefs, etc. You can't even compare them, and not just because of their sex. (ALSO SPOILARS: 2004 Starbuck? Probably not even a chick. Do angels/otherwordly avatars have a gender?)

Also, yeah, pretty much every other Galactica Gal. And the ladies of Firefly.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Bats4Gold.com, of course.
    I wish so hard that this was real.
  • I just bought some Carmex for the first time ever. I got curious about the ingredients, because it is the single most soothing thing to ever touch my lips. It contains 0.7% phenol. So I looked up the MSDS for phenol. Turns out Carmex contains a Class 3 Mutagen! Also Camphor, which can cause hepatotoxicity and is readily absorbed through mucous membranes (the lips) and flesh.

Fuck, guess I have to find a new and better lip balm. T_T
  • Fuck, guess I have to find a new and better lip balm. T_T
    Burt's Bees Wax.
  • Fuck, guess I have to find a new and better lip balm. T_T
    Burt's Bees Wax.
    Indeed. I enjoy the lip gloss ones. It's like lipstick, but better because I do not like lipstick.
  • Yeah, I looked at their ingredients for Burt's Lifeguard's Choice (my lips chap like crazy) and it looks awesome and dangerous-chemical free. I hate the feeling of most lip balms and chapsticks, but I really like Burt's Bees Aftershave and Men's Soap, so hopefully it'll be a winner.
  • My asshole roommate went on my xbox (that we both use) and apparently bought the xbox live family pack for $100 with MY debit card. I don't think it was on purpose but I'm fucking pissed either way, and he's giving me that fucking money somehow. I didn't even have that much in my checking account!
  • My asshole roommate went on my xbox (that we both use) and apparently bought the xbox live family pack for $100 with MY debit card. I don't think it was on purpose but I'm fucking pissed either way, and he's giving me that fucking money somehow. I didn't even have that much in my checking account!
    Sexual favors.
  • Fail: I saw this one comming but I won't be getting the $39.99 PS3 ;P
    Sexual favors.
    I hope you mean prostituting himself in order to make enough money to pay me back, and not just giving me sexual favors.
  • edited January 2011
    Fail: I saw this one comming but I won't be getting the $39.99 PS3 ;P
    Yeah, I'm not terribly bummed about it though. My first assignment this semester was to "buy myself something nice" and write about the experience. Now I can write about the heartbreak of not getting my $40 PS3.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • edited January 2011
    Final Fantasy XIII-2: A likely shitty sequel to an already shitty game. Thought things couldn't get worse than FFX-2? Think again. I'm expecting clones, shitty voice acting, and Lightning to sing a pop song mid-game.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • Finlol Fantasy
  • I would certainly play an RPG set in Finland. In seriousness, though, I think that now, more than ever, Square could do with putting out a broad appeal game. F132 could be a real improvement, but many might not even give it a look.
  • It's official, I owe $1300 in taxes. I'm marked as having 2 exemptions for my federal withholding, no idea why. >_>
  • edited January 2011
    ꜜꜜꜜ
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • The FCC approved the NBC-Comcast merger. Shitting fuck damn piss.
  • edited January 2011
    What.

WHAT!?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!!!!!!

/o____o\ fuck.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
    Wonder how much that cost?
  • I would certainly play an RPG set in Finland.
    I want to make that one. I told you about Taru the Dragon tamer, right?
  • Involves dragons and snow, you have my interest.
    So now it's NBC Comcast Universal?

PEOPLE, THE MONOPOLY IS RIGHT IN THE FUCKING NAME.
    So now it's NBC Comcast Universal?

PEOPLE, THE MONOPOLY IS RIGHT IN THE FUCKING NAME.
    Good news for Comcast customers, though: Hulu on your set-top box.

But thats all the good news.
    I wonder what will happen when they negotiate rates with competing cable companies.

Also, isn't Comcast one of the companies that drug MGM into bankruptcy?
  • I just beat Brutal Legend... Yeah. That game was really bad.