This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Do you ever begrudge having to bathe otherwise?
  • You're taking a comment I meant obviously for the western hemisphere and ran with it so it would fit your evidence.
    You stated, and I quote, "There's nothing right about circumcision." That doesn't have a qualification as to where you're talking about; it's a broad generalization. I couldn't tailor that to fit my evidence; in fact, I'm not even exactly sure what you mean by "[running] with it so it would fit [my] evidence." You made the most basic of argumentative mistakes, which is making a null statement without exceptions, and I presented evidence to prove the statement wrong. Done deal.

Now, if we are, if fact, talking about civilized places, I will refer you to my above comment:
    I don't blame you. I don't plan on doing it to my son, if and when I'm presented with the choice. I would never medically advise a patient to have his self or his son circumcised. [quote edited due to wording]
  • Well kudos to you for not resorting to ridiculous logic like wanting your dicks to match, which I have heard.
  • Well kudos to you for not resorting to ridiculous logic like wanting your dicks to match, which I have heard.
    That's some of the most ridiculous shit I've ever heard. There's no reason to perform any surgery unless it is medically necessary or the patient elects for it.

Kudos to you for conceding the point. That's a step above the baseline for internet discouse.
  • Well, I'm a dyed in the wool foreskin lover so I tend to really get my back up when the debate appears, and boy is it ever a hot topic sometimes. People really get argumentative about it, westerners still really support the practice even though America is the only place in the world where it's the secular norm.
  • Faux News reports that Bulletstorm will make your kids all rapey.
    God, bulletstorm has caused so many arguments at the studio. The point was "the developers meant it ironcally" is countered with "But frat boys will laugh and not see it as tongue and cheek art art blah blah." I keep my head down and work on texture hue shifts.
    Sorry, I enjoy inciting Jay to anger. It's amusing.
  • Do you ever begrudge having to bathe otherwise?
    No, but I'm all about anything that makes my life easier. One less thing to do in the shower makes my day that much better.
  • Installed 64-bit Vista on a laptop that, it turns out, came with 32-bit. So I'm most of the way through setting it up, and NVidia is refusing to install 64-bit drivers for the 8400M GT. I am dissapoint NVidia.
  • Grease burns. It hurts.
  • No, but I'm all about anything that makes my life easier. One less thing to do in the shower makes my day that much better.
    I swear I was just cleaning it and it went off.
    o
    Fuckin' owch.
  • Rabbit bit me, may be a chance of lupinethropancy, gold bullets be expensive.
    Do you have a golden carrot lying around?
  • Grease burns. It hurts.
    Got one of those a few months ago because I wasn't paying the grease enough respect.
  • AmpAmp
    edited February 2011
    I feel your pain, got of a lovely eight our shift of bugger all at a pointless job that drains my mind, the capping point was pouring a load of boiling oil over my hand. It hurts a lot.

To cap of my day. It seems that I'm allergic to my ear piercing.

Edit; and now there is a bin lorry outside my window. It's five in the morning, who does that?
    Post edited by Amp on
  • What happened to the forum earlier? It was down for a while.
  • The school just eliminated the Dean of Students' position yesterday. She was sort of like the head of discipline. She'd been working at the school for 30 years, her husband works here, and they MET here. She has a teenager and another id in college.
    The extra fail is that they offered her a position as behavior staff, which requires chasing kids around and putting them in restraints on occasion, something she is not physically capable of doing and that they KNEW she is not physically capable of doing. Also at severely decreased pay. Then they said they wouldn't give her unemployment because she didn't take the job they offered her.
    Mega fail is that she has been with the school through her cancer, then stood by the current director when SHE had cancer. The director is friends with her, or was supposed to be. The director let her know by e-mail, and then did not show up at the meeting discussing her position elimination. Classy.
  • edited February 2011
    Rabbit bit me, may be a chance of lupinethropancy, gold bullets be expensive.
    Owww. I hate bunny bites. Well, if you do turn into a were rabbit, you will be very cute.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited February 2011
    Owww. I hate bunny bites. Well, if you do turn into a were rabbit, you will be very cute.
    A rabbit with the body mass of a 6 foot male human would not be very cute.

My name is Fred McDonald, in the year 2011 I was bitten by a radioactive rabbit..
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • A rabbit with the body mass of a 6 foot male human would not be very cute.
    A giant rabbit would be super cute. You could carry small children around on you.
    Man, just when you sent me a message that you were warming up to the idea of rabbits, the little guy goes and bites you. Naughty thing.
  • edited February 2011
    Going by combined genetics, it would be a black and white afro bunny standing about four feet off the ground. That does not sound appealing.
    I'm not that concerned about the bite other than the potential for diseases. The dog is far worse.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • The extra fail is that they offered her a position as behavior staff, which requires chasing kids around and putting them in restraints on occasion, something she is not physically capable of doing and that they KNEW she is not physically capable of doing. Also at severely decreased pay. Then they said they wouldn't give her unemployment because she didn't take the job they offered her.
    Um, isn't that illegal? I'm pretty sure they have to make you a legitimate offer of another position to disqualify you for unemployment. Offering you a job you are physically unable to do doesn't meet that requirement. Sounds to me like she could sue for her unemployment pretty easily. It sucks that it even has to be contemplated, though.
  • edited February 2011
    I'm not that concerned about the bite other than the potential for diseases.
    Rabbits mouths are relatively free of harmful bacteria, and if they are kept indoors, the potential for disease is incredibly low. Just keep it disinfected like any other cut and you should be fine.

edit: How bad is the bite? My bunny Fred would bite occasionally, but it was a small nip, which at worst broke the skin a little. I didn't know they could really bite until I saw zibblecoot's scar from her bunny Gorki. It was pretty deep. I was like, whoa!
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • It was less than 1cm long but it took a small chunk of skin out when I went to wash it. Seems it'll be fine though.
  • It was less than 1cm long but it took a small chunk of skin out when I went to wash it. Seems it'll be fine though.
    That's what she said.
  • Dear Comcast High-Speed Internet Subscriber:

Comcast has received a notification by a copyright owner, or its authorized agent, reporting an alleged infringement of one or more copyrighted works made on or over Comcast's High-Speed Internet service (the 'Service'). The copyright owner has identified the Internet Protocol ('IP') address associated with your Service account at the time as the source of the infringing works. The works identified by the copyright owner in its notification are listed below. Comcast reminds you that use of the Service (or any part of the Service) in any manner that constitutes an infringement of any copyrighted work is a violation of Comcast's Acceptable Use Policy and may result in the suspension or termination of your Service account.
    well...fuck
  • Yeah, monitoring agencies like Peer Media Technologies tend to watch peer-to-peer networks for specific files, especially recent stuff and especially BitTorrent.
    In Australia there's not much to worry about for the moment due to AFACT v iiNet, though. I'm not sure what the deal is in the U.S..

If this worries you, the best approach is probably to download the files from a non-P2P source. Otherwise, I think trackerless torrenting may be of some help, but there's no guarantee that DHT and PEX are not monitored.
  • The Comcast email basically means almost nothing, but you should stick with private trackers if you can.
  • edited February 2011
    Rabbits mouths are relatively free of harmful bacteria, and if they are kept indoors, the potential for disease is incredibly low. Just keep it disinfected like any other cut and you should be fine.
    Actually, their mouths are filthy because they eat their own poop quite frequently. If the bite is shallow then you are probably fine if you keep it cleaned out. If it was a deep puncture wound then you have a problem because those anaerobic bacteria are going to love taking over that part of your body. Ogorki's bite went clean through my finger from the top and bottom and was a deep bite that quickly became infected and needed antibiotics. ;_;
    Post edited by Dr. Zibbelcoot PhD on
  • I got some little runt threatening to spread photos to his friends of my boyfriend. Funny part is, I don't know any of his friends so it's not like it actually affects me in any way. Also, he's a manipulative liar who stops at nothing to try and provoke me. Unfortunately for him, his attempts usually end in me enraging him.
  • Rabbits mouths are relatively free of harmful bacteria, and if they are kept indoors, the potential for disease is incredibly low. Just keep it disinfected like any other cut and you should be fine.
    Actually, their mouths are filthy because they eat their own poop quite frequently. If the bite is shallow then you are probably fine if you keep it cleaned out. If it was a deep puncture wound then you have a problem because those anaerobic bacteria are going to love taking over that part of your body. Ogorki's bite went clean through my finger from the top and bottom and was a deep bite that quickly became infected and needed antibiotics. ;_;
    I'd recommend neosporin as prophylactic. If the immediate area begins to feel warm, looks bright red, or discolors, see a doctor stat.
  • edited February 2011
    My bunny Fred would bite occasionally
    ALL I CAN SEE IN MY HEAD IS OMNUTIA BITING RABBITS.
    Post edited by Churba on