This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• I mean, judging by the kinds of games they made, I would not be surprised if they got government grants for making a wee bit of propaganda, but this guy does not deserve to die, and Iran is being stupid and unfair.
  • because I get my phone service through my dad's business and am on a business account, I am unable to take advantage of amazon wireless's $0.01 phones. On the bright side, I will very soon be replacing my motorola krzr.
  • I mean, judging by the kinds of games they made, I would not be surprised if they got government grants for making a wee bit of propaganda, but this guy does not deserve to die, and Iran is being stupid and unfair.
    True on all counts. Though, to be fair, "stupid and unfair" is kind of Iran's stock and trade.
  • As is 'pants on head'. I wonder what would happen if they did close the canal as they have been treating to.
  • Probably not the worst thing to ever happen, but I've literally destroyed a practice scarf trying to cast off and unraveling it, after getting my color ends on the wrong side. >_< I think I'll just start from scratch and try again.
    Kuma Games Designer Sentenced to Death in Iran
    I actually know the guys at Kuma a little. Some of them used to come to our meet ups. Apparently they were on the CIA payroll for some of the war games they made? I just dismissed these games as "another tank shooter" kind of game, but I can't believe that the Iranian Government kidnapped this dude! Unacceptable! Get angry!
    Poor guy. This has happened before, the kidnapping I mean. Perhaps they won't go through with it, but you never know with Iran. I hope everything turns out okay. *fingers crossed*

• A couple of my friends got in a car accident. One wrenched her knee, the other has a concussion. :/
  • I should probably start getting to sleep before 2AM, when I have to wake up by 6:30. The amount of coffee I'm drinking during the day has exceeded 2 cups.
  • I can't find a receipt for a bank errand I did last week. VERY important one. I'll ask the maid to help me find it tomorrow, and while we're at it, I'll ask her to help me find my glasses. Haven't seen them in months.
  • I can't find a receipt for a bank errand I did last week. VERY important one. I'll ask the maid to help me find it tomorrow, and while we're at it, I'll ask her to help me find my glasses. Haven't seen them in months.
    1%er. :P

Fail: I cut my finger on glue today.
  • Fail: I cut my finger on glue today.
    1st percentile-er
    1%er. :P
    I don't live in the States, and I'm nice and helpful to the woman who helps around in the house. Therefore, your argument is invalid.

• edited January 2012
    Also, having a maid in a Hispanic country is significantly different than having one in the US. It's a lot more common, from what I've experienced.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Spent too long trying to debug an uninitialized property that was caused by a missing $this :P Damn dynamic typing! Damn you in the eye!
  • There have been incidents of fire for 3 days in a row at my school now. Two of them are from the same source, the first is more questionable. As I type this, JTVH informs me that they've made an arrest. We'll see if they're right tomorrow.
  • edited January 2012
    just gouged a chunk of my finger out trying to open a 40 with a bic, at least it popped off on the next attempt.

Double fail: Blood on my cigarillo.
    Post edited by Ilmarinen on
  • edited January 2012
    Good lyric, though.

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Today sucked. Bombed a Chinese quiz hard, had to take the subway into Boston for a doctor's appointment, was waiting for said appointment for almost an hour and a half because they were running late, had to run home to get to karate on time, then got kicked in the head/neck in sparring. My head seems fine, but the muscle under my jaw is pretty sore and it really hurts to swallow.
  • My Mom's computer has/had an assload of malware and can't connect to the internet or do a system restore. She asked me to help and I said I would try but I don't really know what I'm doing besides the basics, and she goes into a rant about how much she does for me and how I won't do one thing for her, even though I said I would. Urg. I would just reinstall windows but she doesn't want to and she never got a system restore disc.
  • Malware bytes? Download it, run as admin, should clear the majority the nasty stuff out and get it to the point where you take Windows Defender or whatever regular antivirus is usually on there and do the regular scans.
  • Tried Malware bytes, Microsoft Security Essentials, and the built in malware removal tool. It doesn't show the malware anymore but it still can't connect to the internet, and there is some weird program that we have to force close before we can shut down the pc, so there's still something there. My Mom tried to do a system restore to see if that would fix anything, but it wouldn't work. So either something is still there, or something was there and fucked shit up before we killed it.
  • edited January 2012
    Good lyric, though.

Sounds like a Mystik Spiral song. Trent was trying to rhyme with Armadillo.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • edited January 2012
    For the internet thing, I betcha there is something wrong with the cache in the browser. Whatever malware she had probably wrote some redirect in there. But yeah, just bite the bullet and reinstall at this point.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited January 2012
    The answer to your question, ninjarabbi, is ComboFix.

http://www.combofix.org/download.php

Boot into safe mode and run ComboFix.exe. Then run MalwareBytes again. If it won't let you launch because the malware is fucking with it, rename the file from ComboFix.exe to ComboFix.COM and try again.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • I don't think its the browser, because we can't connect to begin with. We have dialup and a mifi, and the software to connect to both of those wouldn't work.
  • Fuck, didn't finish the chapter of my bio book I needed to read today to stay on schedule (70 out of 90 pages down!), and didn't even start the ten sets of lecture notes I wanted to finish.

The revision slog is breaking me down.
  • THE CW ANNOUNCES NEW ACTION-PACKED GAME SHOW
    “OH SIT!”

Fun, Fast-Paced, High-Stakes Version of Musical Chairs to Premiere Later This Season

January 12, 2012 (Burbank, Calif.) – The CW has ordered ten episodes of the action-packed game show OH SIT! to premiere later this season.

OH SIT! is a fun, high-stakes, high-octane musical chairs competition, in which 20 thrill-seeking daredevils race head to head through five physically demanding, obstacle course-style eliminations as they each compete to claim a chair, to the sounds of a live band. At the end of the hour, only one contestant will be left sitting triumphant to seize the cash prize. A host and premiere date for OH SIT!, as well as more details, will be announced at a later date.

OH SIT! is created and executive produced by Phil Gurin (“The Singing Bee,” “Shark Tank,” “The Weakest Link”), Richard Joel and Deena Dill. The series is from The Gurin Company and 405 Productions.
  • No way...
    *researches*
    What.

This is why you should always do the lifeboat drill BEFORE the ship leaves the port for the first time with new passengers! Idiots.

http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2012/01/costa-cruise-ship-aground-italy/603174