This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• The Accounts Payable and Receivable person at our office failed to leave me a check for an important COD package before she left for an extended lunch.
  • Fail of my day, this forum being too predictable and stuck up.
    Yeah, Nine, I am sure there are absolutely no diseases common to your area, or are you merely as ignorant of them as you are about the ASPCA? Stop playing at being a hyper-nationalist and a bigot for one second and recognize that the U.S. is a large place and each region has its' own pros and cons, just like everywhere else in the world.
    Serious business much. Rusted comprehension is just stupid MacRoss.

I hereby demand an awesome banner, it's made of the colour gold and says: "Nine is awesome, do not take him serious unless there's SUBSTANTIAL evidence to suggest he is." since the lot of you fail at the internet.
  • Fail of my day, this forum being too predictable and stuck up.
    Yeah, Nine, I am sure there are absolutely no diseases common to your area, or are you merely as ignorant of them as you are about the ASPCA? Stop playing at being a hyper-nationalist and a bigot for one second and recognize that the U.S. is a large place and each region has its' own pros and cons, just like everywhere else in the world.

I hereby demand an awesome banner, it's made of the colour gold and says: "Nine is awesome, do not take him serious unless there's SUBSTANTIAL evidence to suggest he is." since the lot of you fail at the internet.
    I said stop "playing at". I know that you aren't being serious, but you aren't coming across as funny - just insulting. You are like a bad insult comic.
  • You said "serious face!"

It only dawned on me later that that was supposed to be sarcasm. Sarcasm on the internet=often fail.
  • Fail of the day: Not recognizing a troll when he is staring me in the face.
  • After scrambling through my purse and just barely finding the change to buy some candy, I get a Twix from the vending machine. When I broke off a piece and bit into it, I thought the texture was kinda funny. Upon investigation, I discovered that the caramel had somehow leaked out the bottom of both bars and pooled at the bottom of the wrapper. Both sticks were hollow where the caramel was supposed to be. Not necessarily epic fail worthy, but disappointing nonetheless.
  • edited July 2009

You're just like a little channer, trying to piss people off for a laugh. Besides, you were the one initially flipping out, about cats. Seriously, Nine, don't tell me that was just a troll. If it was, okay, I fell for it, but don't accuse me of having a hissy fit when you were the first one to start freaking out about people "ruining" their pets. It feels more like you dug yourself into a hole and when we disagreed with you and said you were being stupid, you backpedaled and said it was all sarcasm. Granted, I didn't get that *serious face* was a snide comment indicator - it's hard to get sarcasm without the body language and tone of voice usually employed.

In any case, grow up.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Fail of the day: Not recognizing a troll when he is been trolling this forums this whole time.
    Fix'd. Listen to Emily on this one.
  • edited July 2009
    Fail of the day: Not recognizing a troll when he isbeen trolling this forums this whole time.
    What do you mean, listen to her? I completely agree with her... per usual. ^_^ Also, your change essentially meant the same as mine. I always thought he was attempting to be funny or goofy. I was wrong.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Fail of the day: Not recognizing a troll when he isbeen trolling this forums this whole time.
    What do you mean, listen to her? I completely agree with her... per usual. ^_^
    I meant that I completely agree with her as well, not really trolling you like it might have sounded. ;)
  • edited July 2009
    Oh, I was just saying that Ms. Emi is usually right!
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Indeed she is!
  • V! (^_^)

Seriously, I like Nine okay, and I usually don't take things that seriously on the internet. If 4chan or youtube comments say something like "kill all babies!" or "Women R fukin Stupid!" I'm like *shrug.* However, the Geeknights forum has always been more for either serious debate or friendly hanging out, so I won't immediately assume you are a troll automatically, if you say something that antagonizes me. I react more how I would were I talking to you in person or on a geekchat. If you want a good poo flinging fest, go to FARK or slashdot comments. Even when we disagree here, we (besides the Obligatory Steve/Joe political anger) try to remain amicable and logical. To refer to the past episode on cheating, Nine is violating this unspoken, generally agreed upon rule that the FRC forums are more a community of friends talking than a standard, anonymous internet community. If someone kept saying "Idiot Americans" on any other site, I doubt I would get annoyed. I would just ignore them. The reason I get a little angry at Nine is for the same reason I would get angry if, say, Scott treated me like I was stupid and spoke down to me. I thought that he was, in some small way, an internet friend. Internet friends can tease each other, but Nine is just mean to everybody. He's employing an impersonal internet attitude in a close knit community of the ivory tower, and thus should not be offended if people take him seriously. That's just the way we roll.
  • I set my alarm for 9 PM instead of 9 AM today, and as a result woke up at 2 in the afternoon. Not that I needed to be somewhere, but it was unpleasant and I feel stupid for doing it :(
  • Went in yesterday for my annual physical, and my B/P, which is normally 130/70 had suddenly spiked to 213/135. The worst part was Dina (the wife) having to cancel plans she had made with friends to stay with me while tests were run.
  • Got a quote to add a Subaru WRX as a second car to my insurance and it would more than double what I pay now. Curse being under 25 and not being "responsible" yet.
  • edited July 2009
    Homophobia Evolved.
    Wow. Awful, but considering the demographic on XBox Live (and John Gabriels' Greater Internet Dickwad Theory), not unexpected. Despite all the hate, they sure seemed to take an interest in the specifics of his sex life, huh?
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • edited July 2009
    Homophobia Evolved.
    Wow. Awful, but considering the demographic on XBox Live (and John Gabriels' Greater Internet Dickwad Theory), not unexpected. Despite all the hate, they sure seemed to take an interest in the specifics of his sex life, huh?
    The most virulent of homophobes are sometimes gay themselves. I come across them all the time. I can't stand these people.
    Post edited by Diagoras on
  • The most virulent of homophobes are sometimes gay themselves. I come across them all the time. I can't stand these people.
    Case in point: Almost every republican ever.
  • The most virulent of homophobes are sometimes gay themselves. I come across them all the time. I can't stand these people.
    Case in point: Almost every republican ever.
    Are you trolling, or do you mean to tell me that you actually believe that almost every Republican is homosexual?
  • edited July 2009
    Are you trolling, or do you mean to tell me that you actually believe that almost every Republican is homosexual?
    Neither -- I'm exaggerating. But you've gotta admit, there are a LOT of gay-hatin' republican politicians/religious leaders/etc. that end up getting caught blowing eight dudes in a rest stop or something.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • Are you trolling, or do you mean to tell me that you actually believe that almost every Republican is homosexual?
    Neither -- I'm exaggerating. But you've gotta admit, there are a LOT of gay-hatin' republican politicians/religious leaders/etc. that end up getting caught blowing eight dudes in a rest stop or something.
    They're like a viking-man-axe-orgy. They are so manly that they go into the homo-realm and loop back around to manly.
  • They're like a viking-man-axe-orgy. They are so manly that they go into the homo-realm and loop back around to manly.
    Hey, whatever they have to do to justify it to themselves.
  • Are you trolling, or do you mean to tell me that you actually believe that almost every Republican is homosexual?
    They're like a viking-man-axe-orgy. They are so manly that they go into the homo-realm and loop back around to manly.
    It's the Pac-Man effect! So it doesn't just happen in movies!
  • I had my worst reaction to donating blood today. It was my seventh or eighth time donating. The actual donation was successful, but afterward I felt terrible. I was light-headed, had upset stomach, and felt tingly all over. Fortunately, I did not bargle. I ended up fine, but it was certainly an unpleasant experience.
  • I had my worst reaction to donating blood today. It was my seventh or eighth time donating. The actual donation was successful, but afterward I felt terrible. I was light-headed, had upset stomach, and felt tingly all over. Fortunately, I did not bargle. I ended up fine, but it was certainly an unpleasant experience.
    That happened the last time I had blood drawn. It really isn't fun when that happens.
  • edited July 2009
    I had my worst reaction to donating blood today. It was my seventh or eighth time donating. The actual donation was successful, but afterward I felt terrible. I was light-headed, had upset stomach, and felt tingly all over. Fortunately, I did not bargle. I ended up fine, but it was certainly an unpleasant experience.
    That happened the last time I had blood drawn. It really isn't fun when that happens.
    It's just the government mind control chip re-calibrating. Pay it no mind....or else...
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited July 2009
    I watched House Season 5 whilst playing WOW. A truly depressing couple of hours. Grinding out the same thing over and over again.
    At least WOW offered different Mobs.
    Post edited by toomanyclowns on
  • Last night a full on big fire truck showed up at my neighbors' house just because they had a fire going in a pit in the backyard.