This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Well, I got another fail of the day. Last week I bought the album "Let the Dominoes Fall" by Rancid, a band I admire (and this is not common description for bands I use). However, today I walked into another store and saw of course "Let the Dominoes Fall" special edition with an extra disc with 8 acoustic tracks and a DVD for only about 6€ more than I bought the original album for :/
    *high five* Rancid is awesome.
  • I confess that I may have just missed my chance to go to skin2 and hang out with a gorgeous woman who I suspect is somewhat fond of me dressed up as an absinthe fairy, because I can't afford to get into town - Because I spent the last of my cash on phone credit, to text said Gorgeous woman to apologies for not getting credit and texting her sooner.

I just facepalmed so hard that the heel of my hand just rebounded off my spine.
  • I failed at my dream.
    In the dreamI was walking a road in middle of a forest when I started to feel that everything wasn't right. Somehow I got the idea that I might be sleeping and dreaming and I started to talk about that to a person that I was walking with. Then I proceeded to try if I was dreaming by trying if my hand would go trough tree if I wasn't looking. My hand hit the tree and hurted little bit so after that I was sure that I wasn't sleeping.
    Dream went on until I woke up and felt really stupid. And I blame GeekChat for giving me wired dreams.
  • Apsup's brain has already managed to convince him he is actually awake.. soon it shall turn against him and then.. we shall all be doomed.
  • I made a trip to my nations capital today, partially to visit some comic shops and look for a few manga volumes I need to complete series I like, namely Dr. Slump, Great Teacher Onizuka and Eagle. I was in two shops and both of them did not have the volume of GTO I was missing, #5, but all volumes from #6 to the end. Neither had anything of Dr. Slump or Eagle :/

Also, on the trainride home the guy across the isle from me took at least two hours of staring out the window and at the seat in front of him until he figured out that he could grab one of the magazines that are lying around and read something. I wonder why people go on 4 hour trainrides (for him anyways, I overheard where he would get off, I got off a few stations earlier) and not take any form of entertainment or occupation with you. Apparently he also did not buy that special ticket I will make my thing of the day today.
  • My knees got sunburned yesterday. Yay.
  • My knees got sunburned yesterday. Yay.
    Ouch! that really really sucks!
  • Walt Disney World Monorail fails to stop and crashes into the one in front of it, killing the driver.
    I'm willing to bet that they stop letting people ride in the front with the driver after this.
  • I'm willing to bet that they stop letting people ride in the front with the driver after this.
    Let's hope not, that is really fun. They even give you a co-pilot license afterwards!
  • One of my girlfriend's housecats snuck out the door yesterday evening when we were packing stuff back into the house from the 4th of July cookout. We didn't notice until this morning. We've spent all day searching for Holly and hanging up fliers, but as the Magic 8-Ball would say, "Outlook not so good." :(
  • One of my girlfriend's housecats snuck out the door yesterday evening when we were packing stuff back into the house from the 4th of July cookout. We didn't notice until this morning. We've spent all day searching for Holly and hanging up fliers, but as the Magic 8-Ball would say, "Outlook not so good." :(
    That sucks, but cats should just return home without problem. Also, it's rather stupid to NOT lock up the cats in a room when there's fireworks going off. It's trivial to do so and you won't have any cats running away in fear.
  • I'll agree with keeping pets locked up and away from chances to bolt when there's potentially scary situations going on. Sadly, therein lies the rub - it pissed down rain most of the 4th so the local powers that be decided to move the fireworks to the 5th. She didn't bolt because she was scared, she just happened to sneak out the door when both of us had our backs turned and were away from the door. We're both pretty bummed out right now, but we're still keeping our hopes up that she'll wander back home. It's just rough to be walking through the house and come around a corner expecting to see the cat in its usual hang-out spot but it's not there.
  • Did that cat recently move to that house, or has she never been outside? Seriously, a cat just going outside is normal, it should just come back home after a few hours or a night if they went out at night.
  • Helped a friend move on Sunday. She had a sleeper sofa. Anyone who's moved one of those knows how incredibly heavy and cumbersome they are.

We get the sofa from the truck, up the front steps, through the front door, up a flight of stairs including a narrow 90 degree turn (for which we had to stand the sofa up, rotate it, and set it back down to grab it), through the entrance to the apartment itself...

And then the door to living room was 1/2" too narrow to accommodate the sofa.

It was fail on so many levels that we lost count. My friend really wanted the sofa, too, which is the part that sucked the most. Alas, we had no choice but to get rid of it.
  • And then the door to living room was 1/2" too narrow to accommodate the sofa.

It was fail on so many levels that we lost count. My friend really wanted the sofa, too, which is the part that sucked the most. Alas, we had no choice but to get rid of it.
    Awww, sad story. No way to turn it into the room? Or perhaps hoist it through the windows? Seriously, we need to look back in time for such, moving heavy shit requires hoisting upwards!
  • Helped a friend move on Sunday. She had a sleeper sofa. Anyone who's moved one of those knows howincredibly heavyand cumbersome they are.

We get the sofa from the truck, up the front steps, through the front door, up a flight of stairs including a narrow 90 degree turn (for which we had to stand the sofa up, rotate it, and set it back down to grab it), through the entrance to the apartment itself...

And then the door to living room was 1/2" too narrow to accommodate the sofa.

The Fucker strikes back!!
  • Did that cat recently move to that house, or has she never been outside? Seriously, a cat just going outside is normal, it should just come back home after a few hours or a night if they went out at night.
    Never been outside. It was rescued as a kitten and has spent all seven years of its life as a housecat. It's got all the major strikes against it - it's declawed on the front paws, it's overweight, it has a tendency to be skittish around strangers, and it didn't have a collar on it. We're stuck with relying on the kindness of strangers on this one or the cat's own innate ability to find its way back home. GF was supposed to take fliers to all the pertinent animal rescue places today and I ran up a whole stack of them at work so we could carpet-bomb the neighborhood. We're going to try to keep hope alive on this one, but chances look slimmer by the day.

Awww, sad story. No way to turn it into the room? Or perhaps hoist it through the windows? Seriously, we need to look back in time for such, moving heavy shit requires hoisting upwards!
    We tried everything. There was no place to really hoist it to, and the windows were narrower than the doors. There was no room to maneuver the couch to hook it into the room, and no angle provided enough room. The house is just south of 100 years old, so it wasn't designed to accommodate bulkier furniture.

We tried everything. There was no place to really hoist it to, and the windows were narrower than the doors. There was no room to maneuver the couch to hook it into the room, and no angle provided enough room. The house is just south of 100 years old, so it wasn't designed to accommodate bulkier furniture.
    Metal frame? if so, you can cut and weld the legs to give you the extra room.

Metal frame? if so, you can cut and weld the legs to give you the extra room.
    No tools for cutting and welding. The frame wouldn't come out. Contemplated cutting the top off the couch (it was a tall back) and squashing it to get it in, but again, no tools. It was a no-go.
  • Never been outside. It was rescued as a kitten and has spent all seven years of its life as a housecat. It's got all the major strikes against it - it's declawed on the front paws, it's overweight, it has a tendency to be skittish around strangers, and it didn't have a collar on it. We're stuck with relying on the kindness of strangers on this one or the cat's own innate ability to find its way back home. GF was supposed to take fliers to all the pertinent animal rescue places today and I ran up a whole stack of them at work so we could carpet-bomb the neighborhood. We're going to try to keep hope alive on this one, but chances look slimmer by the day.
    I'm facepalming so hard at the utter failure at how that cat was raised. Housecats go outside, declawing is a waste of money, collars are an utter waste of money, it being skittish means it's ruined and that it'll only survive when living with a crazy cat lady that already has 40 other cats. It might sound harsh, but that cat's dead, and your girlfriend failed at properly raising it. A cat should just be able to walk outside whenever it wants. If it can't, it gets ruined. All our cats (safe one kitten) were from the pound, the kitten was from a litter on a farm of friends in Denmark. We had one cat once from the pound who was horribly skittish. Mentioning her name would result in her losing 2 pounds of hair as she lay underneath the television cupboard. After a month we brought her back to the pound, she was ruined. She could only live peacefully when locked in a room with a ton of other cats, no humans, no outside. So sad. :<

@TheWhaleShark, SHUUUUUUUCKS.
  • Nineless should know about cats. He's half cat after all. ^_~
  • Nineless should know about cats. He's half cat after all. ^_~
    But, Which half?
  • edited July 2009
    Nineless should know about cats. He's half cat after all. ^_~
    Others would say the other half is asshole. :P
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited July 2009
    Nineless should know about cats. He's half cat after all. ^_~
    Others would say the other half is asshole. :P
    What kind of utterly contemptible person would say such a thing?

If you were wondering what half cat, half asshole would look like.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • If you were wondering what half cat, half asshole would look like.
    That was actually far less horrifying than I was expecting.
  • If you were wondering what half cat, half asshole would look like.
    That was actually far less horrifying than I was expecting.
    Goatse with cat ears?
  • Goatse with cat ears?
    Yep, That's pretty much what I was expecting.
  • edited July 2009
    I forgot about this up until now, but I saw an "edu-manga" at AX that had Astro Boy teaching about the Holocaust and Anne Frank. Has anyone heard of this?

[Edit] Found it.
    Post edited by Sail on