This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• edited March 2012
    Also, depending on your pantry, you could easily spend enough to have a net loss, even if you won.

IDEA: Buy a durian for use in your dessert, and use it as chemical warfare.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I can't figure out this bug if my life depended on it... For some reason, I just can't crack it... it's driving me crazy...
  • Also, depending on your pantry, you could easily spend enough to have a net loss, even if you won.

All you really need to do to win is get some essence of pure flavor.

• Also, depending on your pantry, you could easily spend enough to have a net loss, even if you won.

All you really need to do to win is get some essence of pure flavor.

That'd be almost worth it, since half goes to the judges and half goes to the audience. /trollface.
  • I feel like a dumb-ass for missing my history class midterm. Now, I'm walking on the line, and every point matters.
  • I am just going to copy the title of the article as that says it all, "Moroccan girl commits suicide after being forced to marry her rapist".
  • I am just going to copy the title of the article as that says it all, "Moroccan girl commits suicide after being forced to marry her rapist".
  • The bigger fail is that that happened and nothing will change as a result.
  • The bigger fail is that that happened and nothing will change as a result.
    And no one thought, "this thing we're doing...maybe it's wrong."
  • You know, thats one of those things in the Bible that I like to use just as a funny little quote whenever someone would quote something homophobic or whatever, but it was always with the point that almost no one ACTUALLY believes this nowadays. Urg Morocco.
  • Morocco isn't even the worst country in terms of this shit. Islamotribal syncretism and some of the practices associated with it in places like Afghanistan, Pakistan, Sudan, and Somalia makes Morocco look like Disney World.
  • Morocco isn't even the worst country in terms of this shit. Islamotribal syncretism and some of the practices associated with it in places like Afghanistan, Pakistan, Sudan, and Somalia makes Morocco look like Disney World.
    Well, to be fair, Morocco is in Disney World.
  • But Russia isn't. Oh 80's international politics, how I have learned about you via Epcot.
  • Rifleman on RIT campus. We've been told to stay indoors. He's near dorms that are near mine. Hoping things get solved, but apparently shots have already been fired.
  • Rifleman on RIT campus. We've been told to stay indoors. He's near dorms that are near mine. Hoping things get solved, but apparently shots have already been fired.
    Christ. Keep your head down and stay safe.
    Christ. Keep your head down and stay safe.
    Yep. If we learn he comes into the dorms near us, mattresses on the door.

• Preferably WAY down.
  • When we had a gunman scare on our campus, crazy roommate opened our front windows and stood on our porch. I'm really glad that turned out to be just an umbrella mistaken for a rifle, because she could have gotten all of us in a mess.
  • When we had a gunman scare on our campus, crazy roommate opened our front windows and stood on our porch. I'm really glad that turned out to be just an umbrella mistaken for a rifle, because she could have gotten all of us in a mess.
    I've seen RIT campus safety yell at people for leaving their dorms during these alerts.
  • Lock her outside and jam your keys in the locks/barricade the doors.
  • What the fuck is with you jumpy northerns mistaking umbrellas for guns?
  • What the fuck.
  • What the fuck is with you jumpy northerns mistaking umbrellas for guns?
    I'm... actually in the south, but thanks.
  • I think it's an East coast thing.
  • Apparently some bus driver saw a kid holding an umbrella with a samurai sword handle, and concluded it was a rifle. Campus freaks out, alerts go out, K9 units dispatched and everything. An hour later, alert lifted, safe to go wherever. What's stupider to me than the bus driver interpreting an odd umbrella as a rifle is probably this fucking kid - Dude, if the police are after you for being armed on campus, and all you've got is an umbrella, just comply with the police who are FUCKING CHASING YOU.

RIT: Innovating new ways to weaponize raingear.
    Call of Duty 10: Umbrella Warfare.
    The Penguin spotted on campus, bat signal deployed.

I'm seeing more umbrella jokes on my FB feed now than there were reposts of the RIT alert itself.
  • Maybe the kid had smoked weed last night or something, and thus was terrified they were coming after him for The Drugs.
  • Where did you hear that the umbrella kid was being chased?
  • edited March 2012
    See, when we had an alert for a samurai handled umbrella, at least people thought it was a sword and not a rile. Then again, we are known for hosting Highlander battles...

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!!
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • The Umbrella jokes are already exploding. With RIT's student-base, this is not surprising. 10,000 redditor army, basically.