This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• ... Bets on how many people freak out and stop eating beef because they don't understand the difference between a dairy cow and a meat cow?
    I'm sorry, what the heck are you talking about?
  • edited April 2012
    ... Bets on how many people freak out and stop eating beef because they don't understand the difference between a dairy cow and a meat cow?
    I'm sorry, what the heck are you talking about?
    "The National Veterinary Services Laboratory in Ames, Iowa confirmed that a routine surveillance sample obtained from a Holstein cow carcass at a rendering plant in the Central Valley of California was positive for the atypical strain of Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE)"

*note: it was a Dairy cow, and all evidence shows BSE is not transmitted through milk.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • Woo hoo, cheap steaks. ^_^
  • You know how in your company, or team, or whatever, you have that one guy who just doesn't seem to understand anything? No matter how many times you tell him? And he just likes to bring up his contradicting opinion even though every single other person is on the same side? Yeah, that guy in my company has just been all over us this week.

Despite the fact that our CEO basically told him to remove himself from normal company life (he's a shareholder so he can't be removed entirely), and he was specifically told not to mess with the dev team, he just can't seem to stop himself.

I'm just glad that our IT guy wasn't included in this last round of emails. He probably would've gone off the handle.
  • You know how in your company, or team, or whatever, you have that one guy who just doesn't seem to understand anything? No matter how many times you tell him? And he just likes to bring up his contradicting opinion even though every single other person is on the same side? Yeah, that guy in my company has just been all over us this week.
    Remember, forum, if you do not know who this guy is, it may be you!
  • Remember, forum, if you do not know who this guy is, it may be you!
    I'm not sure I get what you're trying to say here.

• I burned the ever living fuck out of my hand. I am in so much pain right now.
  • I'm in so much pain that I can't sleep.
  • You should probably go to the hospital. What degree is it?
  • You should probably go to the hospital. What degree is it?
    Definitely second, not sure of the severity. Somewhere around 2 or 3 am the pain went down enough and I was tired enough to actually sleep. But last night it was the worst pain I could remember experiencing when I didn't have my hand in a cool water bath.
  • Did you get the ice pack that I recommended? You should go see a doctor just in case.
  • Aww man that sucks. I remember when Andrew burnt his hand bad on a frying pan. :(
    I went out and couldn't find burn ointment anywhere, and every time I asked I got crazy looks. Is burn ointment some magical thing now? *shrug*
  • Don't use ice. Cold running water and clean dressings are the way to go.

Burn ointment is only useful for superficial burns - if this one is deeper than surface epidermal burning, you're better off with ckean dressings and waiting for it to heal.
  • What Pete said. A topical analgesic might be a good option if the pain is really bad; take an anti-inflammatory and then put some numbing stuff on your hand. You might have to see a doctor for that - I don't know if there are any over the counter.
  • This is what it looks like today. The skin isn't peeling so I'm just gonna put aloe on it.

• Crap dude, what did you grab?
  • A pot handle that had been in the oven at 425 degrees.
    I did pretty much the exact same thing. I feel your pain.
    I did pretty much the exact same thing. I feel your pain.
    Was it searing agony for like 5-6 hours after you did it?
  • Probably, I don't really remember. I got pretty drunk to ease the pain off (probably not the best idea in hindsight)...
  • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilhowee,_MO

A coworker of mine uses these pages for whatever reason and there are usually some pretty fail "Notable Persons". I thought this one was sharable.
  • OH GOD ALLERGIES. MAKE IT STOP!
  • Probably, I don't really remember. I got pretty drunk to ease the pain off (probably not the best idea in hindsight)...
    My friend suggested that, but I really wasn't in the mood. All I had was tequila and I really didn't want to do shots.
  • From what I remember, it took a week for the pain to finally die off. It was a decent second degree burn, but it only blistered a little bit. Took a month or two for it to finally heal though.
  • OH GOD ALLERGIES. MAKE IT STOP!
    Antihistamines, dude. Is there Aller-Clear in my basket on the dresser? You need some Diphenhydramine (Benedryl) or Loratadine (Claritin).

• Loratadine FTW.
  • Diphenhydramine: Because allergies can't hurt you when you're asleep drooling on your desk.
  • Diphenhydramine: Because allergies can't hurt you when you're asleep drooling on your desk.
    That's the plan - drink Bendadryl until I can't feel. Possibly write a skaldic verse in praise of western medicine.
  • On a semi-related note, I've rectly found that Zyrtec-D(or whatever the generic brand of that that I bought is called) is a miracle pill for my cat allergies. I've had them my whole life and have never been able to even just sit in a house with cats for a couple hours without my eyes watering up, even if I don't touch anything. Now I can sit on the couches and even play with the cats without having to worry about touching my face. It's crazy.
  • LOL. Not everybody is affected the same way. Sudafed makes me drowsy, but Benedryl doesn't. You gotta try out the options.