This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Maybe she just really wanted to get your attention?
    I'm going to go with this.
    No, she seemed legitimately curious. Besides, I was... not looking my best that day.
    Accidentally forgot to take your gorilla suit off before you left the house again?
    No, she seemed legitimately curious. Besides, I was... not looking my best that day.
    Accidentally forgot to take your gorilla suit off before you left the house again?
    Happens to the best of us, really.
  • Just spent a fucking hour fixing openOffice. Yeah, tons of fun.
  • Wait, they filter IRC?
    Yeah, I need to use a proxy to use it. Barbarians.
    ... Yeah, you know what? That's about right.

• edited June 2012
    Though seriously, I want to make that costume and make an extra set of boob-stars so whenever people ask me for a picture I'll make them agree to also stick stars to their boobs or I refuse to take a picture with them, thus preventing creepy men from putting their arm around me.
    So what you're saying is you're less creeped out by a man willing to wear "boob-stars".
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • If a man is willing to wear the boob-stars, that's a surprisingly good indicator of being awesome. Or at least of having sufficient self-confidence to not totally creep on Anrild.
  • If a man is willing to wear the boob-stars, that's a surprisingly good indicator of being awesome. Or at least of having sufficient self-confidence to not totally creep on Anrild.
    At least then they wouldn't be trying to put their grubby pervy hands on me.
    My solution this year was to move as far away as possible and make the ugliest disgruntled face I could muster. You can damn well HAVE your creeper picture, but it's damn well going to LOOK like a creeper picture.

Boob-stars are just funny/in good humor, so if they don't agree than they don't get a picture with me. Of me? Sure. But not with me.
  • Did you get a lot of Hoverhand action with the creeps?

Also, I'm down for boob-stars. Or just going as Man Yoko. I'd do that in a heartbeat.
  • I think the world needs Man-Yoko. I miss Man-Faye.
  • Somehow this reminds me that I want to see a Deckard Cain flashmob. Likely triggered by someone picking up a horadric cube put in a public place.
    If Katie makes me a Man-Yoko costume, I will be Man-Yoko at at least one con. That's a promise.

• edited June 2012
    Did you get a lot of Hoverhand action with the creeps?

Also, I'm down for boob-stars. Or just going as Man Yoko. I'd do that in a heartbeat.
    Actually, I got a lot of guys trying to straight-up put their arms around me and hands on my side (they'd go out of their way to go under the jacket, too, which was just gross and obvious), which was incredibly uncomfortable and a few times my photographer had to run them off. Last year I was wearing less, and didn't have NEARLY as many handsy guys try to creep on me. I guess timeskip actually does make me look more mature but :|
    Even the guys I danced with at the rave were more polite, at least they would back off if I indicated they were getting too handsy...
    I think the world needs Man-Yoko. I miss Man-Faye.
    If Katie makes me a Man-Yoko costume, I will be Man-Yoko at at least one con. That's a promise.
    Come to Otakon, next year is Starlock, let's make this happen.

Post edited by Anrild on
  • edited June 2012
    So fucking gross. I wish the geek community wasn't seemingly pervaded by assholes who thing that "she was dressed like she wanted it" is a legitimate excuse for being a revolting perv.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited June 2012
    I think the world needs Man-Yoko. I miss Man-Faye.
    Shut your mouth. Shut your whore mouth. No World Needs Man-Yoko.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
    You shut your mouth. I think Man-Faye is great.

http://jb.org/journal/2003-09/manfaye/
  • Come to Otakon, next year is Starlock, let's make this happen.
    2013, for sure. Esmereldas/Harlock pair-up?

• I think Man-Faye acts as a perfect contrasting example of how incredibly fucked-up the oversexualization of the female body is in society.
    No, every world needs Man-Yoko.
    You shut your mouth. I think Man-Faye is great.

http://jb.org/journal/2003-09/manfaye/
    My Poor eyes!
  • I don't even have to look. The image was burned into my brain years ago. THE HAIR.

I meant starlock as in the Gurren Lagann set, I suppose with Ryan and I as Harlock and Emeraldas this year that was a confusing statement.

I meant starlock as in the Gurren Lagann set, I suppose with Ryan and I as Harlock and Emeraldas this year that was a confusing statement.

Got a-confused. Anyway, yeah. Man-Yoko vs. Fem-Yoko. I'll start toning my thighs and calves.

• Next cosplay as Kekko Kamen.
    I have seen it done. She wore a flesh-colored bodysuit. It was epic.

• Man-Yoko with Lady-Kamina?
  • edited June 2012
    Man-Yoko with Lady-Kamina?
    Katie, let's make it happen. I feel sexy, bb~
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Man-Yoko with Lady-Kamina?
    Katie, let's make it happen. I feel sexy, bb~
    Gotta promise me Otakon, or it can't happen.
  • My original fail was muttering over sleeping. New fail is Man-Faye, that'll replace the sea monsters in my nightmares.
  • My friend Jordan - "It's not alcoholism if you're still in college."

:/
  • Well, it's not.