This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Is Sherlock a girl too? That would be totally awesome.
    Unless it went all Milky Holmes or something.
  • edited May 2012
    Ewan Dobson, who is a pretty awesome guitarist, appears to have gone apeshit.

https://www.facebook.com/ewan.dobson/posts/299524500142379

If you don't think the original post is bad, don't worry, it gets worse in the comments.

Edit: OH GOD HAHAHAHA
    The following things also suck shit: The Toronto Fingerstyle Guitar Association run by an idiot, whiny children, parents who think their children are everybody else's problem just because they jizzed in the pussy that one night, people who sell diet and exercise programs, sharks, animal rights activists, small dogs.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • I can hear his troll smile through the internet.
  • Facebook's "Seen" function has made me socially anxious and awkward in what I considered my one safe arena. Now, when I notice that someone got a message from me (in particular, questions) and just fails to respond, I feel fucking worthless because my brain can't go, "Gee, Dave, don't worry, they probably just haven't seen it yet."

Fucking hell. Just 14 days until anxiolytics and antidepressants. Hold steady.
  • Can someone explain this "seen" function? I feel like making friendly forum chat rather than googling.
  • edited May 2012
    I can hear his troll smile through the internet.
    I considered that option, though it's honestly hard to tell. I think he's just having a bad day for whatever reason. Here's some more. This one is less generalizing and offensive, and more just random bullshit:

https://www.facebook.com/ewan.dobson/posts/10150941940443324
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • Can someone explain this "seen" function? I feel like making friendly forum chat rather than googling.
    You send a Facebook message to someone, and when the recipient views the message on Facebook you get a little bit of text at the bottom of the window that says "Seen at 10:31pm" or something like that.
  • But not for every message. I've noticed that some people have it and some don't.
  • Fail of my day? Zombie apocalypse begins.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/26/2818832/naked-man-shot-killed-on-macarthur.html#storylink=cpy

In all likelyhood the man was drug-crazed on some kind of crazy trip, one can hope :(
  • Meanwhile, in Florida...
  • edited May 2012
    Fail of my day? Zombie apocalypse begins.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/26/2818832/naked-man-shot-killed-on-macarthur.html#storylink=cpy

In all likelyhood the man was drug-crazed on some kind of crazy trip, one can hope :(
    Post edited by Ruffas on
    You send a Facebook message to someone, and when the recipient views the message on Facebook you get a little bit of text at the bottom of the window that says "Seen at 10:31pm" or something like that.
    So it's basically the old email read receipt function for Facebook messages. Okay.
  • I can hear his troll smile through the internet.
    I considered that option, though it's honestly hard to tell. I think he's just having a bad day for whatever reason. Here's some more. This one is less generalizing and offensive, and more just random bullshit:

https://www.facebook.com/ewan.dobson/posts/10150941940443324
    It's entirely possible both are true. I'd wager a lot of people have honest-to-god personal beliefs they know the world thinks is crazy, so they can troll people just by stating them.
    So it's basically the old email read receipt function for Facebook messages. Okay.
    I forgot you could do that with emails.
  • So I applied for a job, filled in the form, took a far while, answering all the points on the personal specification ect Go to 4 different shops in a search for a 1st Class Stamp (meant to be next day, at a push in two days) send it off a full 5 days before the deadline. Should reach it them in plenty of time, after all I sent postcards from the US back home that made it in a few days.
    Today I get home from work, check emails to be informed that they only got it today, so I missed the deadline because the Royal Mail cannot be arsed to do its job that I paid it to do.
    I don't think I would have got the job anyway but to be denied by a substandard service is very annoying. I did thank you the place for sending me an email for letting me know since they did say in the advert that they wouldn't be in touch with unsuccessful people so they could have easily just have let it go and left me none the wiser to why I wasn't even considered and I would have accepted it as a "Oh well, I wasn't good enough for an interview".
  • I purchased Laputa: Castle in the Sky on blu-ray and was reminded why I never purchased it on DVD, dubtitles.
  • I purchased Laputa: Castle in the Sky on blu-ray and was reminded why I never purchased it on DVD, dubtitles.
    There are two tracks. I've watched the DVD, I know from experience.

• edited May 2012
    There are two tracks. I've watched the DVD, I know from experience.
    Is it a hidden track? I did not look for one but the only ones listed on the menu are the English subtitles (the dubtitles) and the English subtitles for hearing impaired. Also this is the US version, I know the UK and Australian versions have correct subtitles.

Edit: My experience from the DVD not having a correct subtitle track comes from the the older DVD release of it. I did not know about the newer one. I guess they just forgot to add the correct subtitles to the blu-ray.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • Actually I am not sure what my experience with dubtitles was, it looks like the old DVD had proper subtitles from some of the places I am looking at online. Maybe we were just being dumb. Either way the blu-ray only has dubtitles.
  • Okay, guess not. I overheard Columbian Lady saying that she's going to start dating her ex again, and now she's being unnaturally distant toward me. Great.
  • edited May 2012
    So yesterday, my group and I spent three hours before class scrambling to get our paper and presentation done because one of our group members didn't write their part on time and we basically had to sit her down and make her do it. Today, she posts on Facebook:

"Dear people of the world,
    Quit being so goddamn flaky."

fftfadjyfhhsdhfxxghfsccf i don't even
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Punch her with a shovel.
  • It's like girls who complain about duckface or slutty facebook pictures while their own profile picture is just as bad. I weep for our future.
  • Yesterday at the bank, Aretha Franklin's "Respect" was playing over radio. A girl in line ahead of me (she was about my age) noticed I was sorta grooving to the song. I was just tapping my foot, bobbing my head a bit, and she says "Hey, do you know who this is? Do they have any albums out yet or is this their first big hit?"
    I looked at her a little funny, but grabbed a back deposit slip from the little counter and wrote down the song information, handing it to her.
    Still waiting, I whip out my tablet and start up Angry Birds. No more than the first five notes of the song play before she turns around and says "Oh, Hey! Is that Angry Birds?"

*SIGH*
  • Maybe she just really wanted to get your attention?
  • If I had a nickle for every time some asshole has said to me "Who's Bob Dylan?" I would build a throne out of my nickles. It would be named the throne of ignorance, and people would be sentenced there when they didn't know something while everyone else taught it to them.
  • Maybe she just really wanted to get your attention?
    I'm going to go with this.
  • That little voice in my head that says "you know I should stop doing that; I'm about to gash open my hand" needs to get more attention.

Guess I'm adding Band-Aids to the shopping list. >_<
  • My SAAB is sick and won't hit full boost. It's behaving like it only has 220 hp. I thought it was a bad tank of gas, but I ran it nearly empty and put fresh 93 and the problem remains. I'm gonna order spark plugs and a new air filter and see if it gets better.