This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• That moment when your great aunt messages you on facebook about how you should take something down before your grandmother sees it, and you aren't sure if she's referring to the obviously fictional relationship with another girl or the skimpy costumes.
    I'm honestly unsure as to what would bother them more...
  • Obviously, the correct course of action is to post pictures of you and said girl making out in skimpy costumes. Giving them something else to focus on will take the pressure off in other areas.
  • Or...make both worse? Yeah, that.
  • Obviously, the correct course of action is to post pictures of you and said girl making out in skimpy costumes. Giving them something else to focus on will take the pressure off in other areas.
    This sounds legit.
  • It may also cause pressure in other areas though...
    Blood pressure, that is.

Blood pressure, that is.

*Ba-dum-tish*

This sounds legit.
    Trust me. I'm from the government. We're here to help.

This sounds legit.
    Trust me. I'm from the government. We're here to help.

It may also cause pressure in other areas though...
    Blood pressure, that is.

*Ba-dum-tish*

Well, I am making her a Cutie Honey costume for Otakon, and I AM theoretically taking Yoko with me...
    Yeah, I can make this happen. It sounds like a good idea for my life, maybe not so much for my family's...

• Sometimes you gotta do you. And take pictures to show the internet.

That's just good life advice for all situations, I think.
  • I wouldn't do anything. Don't take anything down. Why on earth would you friend your grandma? :P
  • edited May 2012
    Why on earth would you friend your grandma any older family member? :P
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • Sometimes you gotta do you. And take pictures to show the internet.

That's just good life advice for all situations, I think.
    I agree with this philosophy.
    I wouldn't do anything. Don't take anything down. Why on earth would you friend your grandma? :P
    To be fair/funny, actually, I HAVEN'T friended my grandmother, nor does she actually have internet at her place ANYWAY, nor do I think she'd know how/go out of her way to look at that kind of thing. It's my great-aunt that's fussing, and I love her and rarely get to see her, so I thought it wouldn't do any harm. I'm really not ashamed of stuff like my Yoko pictures and no one else has said anything about them (apart from my mother; and she isn't friends with me on facebook because she's crazy/I don't give a single fuck what she thinks). And, frankly, nothing has upped my self-confidence quite like Yoko has. It's a combination between trying to stay in contact and not giving a fuck if my family thinks I'm morally inept. I have my morals, so my family can shove it. :D

(I should also point out that my mother, knowing I'm a virgin, has called me a drunk and a harlot and then turned around and told me that it's okay for me to have a male roommate because "no one would sleep with me anyway", to which I kind-of-sort-of want to take that as a challenge, but that's neither here nor there.
    Instead I just took the challenge of her saying that my last Yoko cosplay was okay because I "didn't pose in any remotely sexual ways".
    Yeah. About that. CHALLENGE ACCOMPLISHED.)
  • I was just messing around, but rock on. ~_^
  • I was just messing around, but rock on. ~_^
    I mean yeah I figured, but my frustration is showing through. I don't think people should make a big deal about who I date based solely on gender, and I'd like to think it wouldn't be ~news~.
    In either case, it's sort of funny to me because I've been "in a relationship" with this girl since February, and my entire family SHOULD know me better than that considering they've all seen me and talked to me since then, and I figured it might be Yoko mostly because I JUST posted pictures of that...
    But I honestly, really don't know which of the two would bother them more. And it's pretty hilarious actually.
  • Just ignore your mom Katie. You sound like you've got everything figured out just fine. If it's about the Yoko pictures, well, they're not really that bad. The costume is skimpy, yeah, but your pictures don't look slutty or anything.
    If it's about the relationship status thing...It would drive me to tears of laughter, honestly.
  • Just ignore your mom Katie. You sound like you've got everything figured out just fine.
    This is the plan, mom is crazy, nothing new. But thanks! :D
    If it's about the Yoko pictures, well, they're not really that bad. The costume is skimpy, yeah, but your pictures don't look slutty or anything.
    Oh but wait for it. XD That was a challenge I definitely accepted.

If it's about the relationship status thing...It would drive me to tears of laughter, honestly.
    Yeeeaaahhh, just a little. I told Mandy (my "girlfriend") and we're getting a good laugh out of it. She told me she'd understand if we had to break up, but I refuse.
  • I trust you. The potential for slutty when it comes to Yoko is, well, completely and totally impossible to ignore.
  • I trust you. The potential for slutty when it comes to Yoko is, well, completely and totally impossible to ignore.
    Or really avoid, for that matter. Especially if it's the post-Moon outfit.
    Coming soon to a con probably not near you: KT AS STAR STRIPPER YOKO.
    And the fanboys swooned.

• edited June 2012
    I trust you. The potential for slutty when it comes to Yoko is, well, completely and totally impossible to ignore.
    And the fanboys swooned.

*actual stripping not included.

Though seriously, I want to make that costume and make an extra set of boob-stars so whenever people ask me for a picture I'll make them agree to also stick stars to their boobs or I refuse to take a picture with them, thus preventing creepy men from putting their arm around me.
    Because that happened way too much this year. >_<
    Post edited by Anrild on
  • Hahahaha. That's extremely legit. If I happen to be around you when you are in the Yoko star costume, I will probably put them on and take a picture with you, provided it is never posted to Facebook where my mom can see it. XD
  • Next cosplay as Kekko Kamen.
  • edited June 2012
    1) Been trying to sleep for an hour and a half but can't sleep, even though the pressure of finals is over.

2) Trying to snag a copy of The Flaming Lips' Heady Fwends on vinyl, but Record Store Day scalpers have gouged the price of the 2LP sets to an average of somewhere between $60-$70. They pressed 3000 of them; it's not that rare! I just want my copy so I can listen to it, unlike these bastards selling sealed copies. T_T
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited June 2012
    2) Trying to snag a copy of The Flaming Lips' Heady Fwends on vinyl, but Record Store Day scalpers have gouged the price of the 2LP sets to an average of somewhere between $60-$70. They pressed 3000 of them; it's not that rare! I just want my copy so I can listen to it, unlike these bastards selling sealed copies. T_T
    I'm sure you can find a rip of that.

[Edit] You're welcome.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?hj6o2izm5a3b26f
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Yeah, but I'd still like the vinyl for my collection. So cool.

Anyway, thanks for the rip; I can't use What.cd to get anything because I haven't taken the test yet and I need to get home first (NU filters the torrent and IRC protocols).
  • Wait, they filter IRC?
  • edited June 2012
    I just ate a pie, ugh.

Edit: It was quite good, but I should have probably settled for just a slice.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • Maybe she just really wanted to get your attention?
    I'm going to go with this.
    No, she seemed legitimately curious. Besides, I was... not looking my best that day.