This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• I just saw on FB that my older brother likes that birther sheriff. Ugh.
  • Is that really a surprise?
  • No, it's not. However, it just makes me sad.
  • A 12 year old girl asked me "Who's that guy with the long hair" while pointing to a quarter this morning.
  • Seriously? I knew everyone on the penny through 100 when I was that old (maybe not what they were on, but who they were), and had strong opinions on the replacing of Susan B Anthony with Sacajawea.
  • For full disclosure: she's Uzbecki, but she's been going to school here for years.
  • Among many others, cankersores on the bottom of your tongue fucking suck.
  • Two really significant fails: My girlfriend is very sick, she had a fever and by her explaining the symptoms I was fearing appendicitis. Not sure what it is, but she's going to the hospital.

Other Fail: My lame uncle is most likely moving in with me. I currently live in my grandparent's house, where he lived while getting a job. After my grandparents died and because of conflict with my dad, my mom suggested I live here and it's really been great. Unfortunately, I think my uncle lost his apartment near DC due to funds, so he's going to move back here. He's nice, but he is a total pathological liar and the only broke lawyer you've ever seen. Like, people say marijuana isn't addicting, but my uncle probably gave up on a lot because he smoked so much and didn't care about his responsibilities.
  • It's not addicting but it's habit forming.
  • It's addictive, even caffeine is addictive.
  • Yeah, it is mildly chemically addictive. From what I understand it basically makes you less relaxed when you go without because your brain produces less of its own cannabinoids since you're getting them in weed. That being said, its pretty mild and I think that the majority of the addiction is a mental thing.
  • I just realized that due to the way my department works I am losing 3 weeks of vacation since I cannot use it before the end of the year.
  • You sure there's no way you could use it up?
  • You sure there's no way you could use it up?
    I could not show up for work for 3 weeks worth of days, otherwise nope. I probably will use that approach to at least use some of them, although not 3 weeks worth since I need a job.
  • I've had to reboot my computer 3 times today, twice forcibly, due to instability issues. Explorer keeps crashing, applications hang, and plugging in my webcam make it bluescreen. I must have installed something I shouldn't have and I have a sneaking suspicion I know what it was too.

Well, good thing I made a snapshot right after I last reinstalled windows and all my essential apps a month ago. So not a major fail, but restoring the backup was a bit of a bother.

Now, to re-download technic.
  • You'll at least get paid for those vacation days, right? If not, there's a whole load of bullshit going on.
  • You'll at least get paid for those vacation days, right? If not, there's a whole load of bullshit going on.
    Nope, they do not pay them out. I just lose them.
  • Every year I around about a month from the deadline I burn all my sick days and remaining noncarry over vacation to the minute. I suggest you plan ahead next time. Vacation is life.
  • Every year I around about a month from the deadline I burn all my sick days and remaining noncarry over vacation to the minute. I suggest you plan ahead next time. Vacation is life.
    I normally do, this year I just had something come up that required me to conserve my vacation time until later than I could help.
    What is this vacation thing you speak of? Last time I had vacations was 7 years ago, and it was because I was in between jobs...
  • I have what I wish was a cluster of acne breakouts, but is more likely a cold sore breakout. This probably means no makeouts for a week or so. It makes me sad.
  • Adobe Flash 11.3 has a bug that stops all sound.
  • huh, good to know.
  • So my phone just decided to shit on itself and won't make calls or send/receive texts anymore. It would've been nice if it had lasted three more months when I get my upgrade discount.
  • edited August 2012
    Dammit, dad... Why do you have to be like this? It stops you from being as awesome as you could be!
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • My girlfriend has been sick for officially 3 days in the hospital. I'm starting to fear. And what's worse that, I can't confirm or find anything out unless she probably talks to me again. (Language Barrier, Computer, Not knowing her Greek Friends) We're both the type of people who really stay on the computer throughout most of the day, so not being able to talk for 3 days while the other in incapacitated really has me worried.

Just need to get my mind off the subject. ;-;
  • edited August 2012
    I've got an answer for Anoush - Because focusing on the problems in one's own country is probably wiser than meddling in the affairs of others.

Also - I'm sick, bit of a chest infection. First time I've been sick since 2008 or so.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Dammit, dad... Why do you have to be like this? It stops you from being as awesome as you could be!
    There's a much simpler answer: Saudi Arabia is on the other side of the world. Not many people have the money to do it.
  • It's becoming increasingly apparent to me that the United States is rapidly filling with people who don't remember air travel before the TSA and just don't innately understand how fucking terrifying it is that the agency exists at all.

God damn it.
  • Outside of the US, I see Americans automatically taking their shoes off in the security lines at airports. People have to tell them that they don't need to do it...