This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Are you the Lockness monster?
  • Tree fiddy?
    Close enough; Deadspace is $3.74. Now guess the price of Deadspace 2.
  • Holy crap. I was just going for the Loch Ness Monster joke. I didn't think it would be accurate.
  • My freaking laptop charger broke.

/firstworldproblem
  • edited August 2012
    Tree fiddy?
    Close enough; Deadspace is $3.74. Now guess the price of Deadspace 2.
    It's $17.49 - three and a half times the U.S. price (the non-discounted price is $69.99).
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I just realized that the job I applied for 10 days ago, apparently my application didn't process online. I'm panicking and frantically calling various HR contacts to see if I can somehow get it processed. I've been waiting for this job opening for ages.
  • I just realized that the job I applied for 10 days ago, apparently my application didn't process online. I'm panicking and frantically calling various HR contacts to see if I can somehow get it processed. I've been waiting for this job opening for ages.
    (o・_・)ノ”(ノ_<。)

/firstworldproblem
    My one year old laptop is already complaining that I should replace the battery.
  • Tell you laptop to man up.
  • My mind is currently running amok thinking I had a heart attack. It's probably just heart burn, but I'm freaking out. Stupid brain.
    /firstworldproblem
    Not as much as you'd think...
  • edited August 2012
    First world problems is kind of a misguided idea. It's supposed to sort of be a reminder of our privilege as rich western folk that we get to worry over all these petty little things, but it sort of erases the fact that people everywhere worry about petty little things; it's basic human nature.

It also paints this idea of developing nations with stereotypes of the 19th and early 20th century, where everywhere outside of North America and Europe is barbarian country. Fact of the matter is, the vast majority of people round the world deal with shit like laptops and cellphones these days; it isn't the exclusive territory of developed nations.

Also the first/third world divide is really an outdated way of categorizing stuff for reals.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • Yeah, it also totally ignores the fact that often in the same country there will be very developed parts and very undeveloped parts. Heck, even in the USA, go to Appalachia.
  • First/second/third world isn't completely outdated, it's just misused. It's more useful when talking about international politics and economics than comparing technologies and cultures.
  • First/second/third world isn't completely outdated, it's just misused. It's more useful when talking about international politics and economics than comparing technologies and cultures.
    Pretty much. They're terms with a legitimate and well-defined use, that are constantly misused by people who don't understand the terms.

• edited August 2012
    I'm about to shit a bowling ball at 300 km/h.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I don't know what's worse: That these idiots actually don't know what a vowel is, or that they are sitting on the internet and are incapable of finding out for themselves. There's an old joke here in Carinthia about a butcher starving to death when locked into a pantry because he doesn't have an apprentice to cut the sausage for him. I didn't think such people actually existed.
  • Pretty sure that last one is just joking. That's the exact sort of smart-ass response I'd give.
  • Pretty sure that last one is just joking. That's the exact sort of smart-ass response I'd give.
    I and O are vowels, Victor.
  • edited August 2012
    Pretty sure that last one is just joking. That's the exact sort of smart-ass response I'd give.
    I and O are vowels, Sonic.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • If my name was Percivowel, and I tweeted my name with no vowels, it would be Perci. I think that's Max's joke. Max doesn't have the string "vowel" in it.
  • Yes, that's what I thought. It's a bad joke, though.
  • edited August 2012
    Pretty sure that last one is just joking. That's the exact sort of smart-ass response I'd give.
    Guys. *points to Luke*
    If my name was Percivowel, and I tweeted my name with no vowels, it would be Perci. I think that's Max's joke. Max doesn't have the string "vowel" in it.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited August 2012
    I'm astounded you got that joke, but missed the more obvious joke of implying you'd respond exactly with the phrase "There isn't a vowel in my name" when there obviously is. A weak joke, sure, but I can only work with what I'm given, here.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • As for me, I was just pointing out that Victor and Sonic happen to have the same vowels.
  • Oh god Code Lyoko. I fucking LOVED that show when I was in middle school. I think I'll go see if it's on Netflix.
    That show is on Netflix instant streaming :P

Guys. *points to Luke*
    If my name was Percivowel, and I tweeted my name with no vowels, it would be Perci. I think that's Max's joke. Max doesn't have the string "vowel" in it.
    Looks like someone just got...disemvoweled.
  • I felt from the stairs and I cut my knee. It looks like I won't be running for the next week :(
    It is the swimming pool for me then :P
  • I got a DWI. :(