This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Those frames, though, super fun. I like those.
  • I've never seen one before, and didn't have great technique. The bar sprang off, fell down, and cracked me on the head.

It's called a Salmon Ladder, apparently.
  • It's called a Salmon Ladder, apparently.
    I think in your case it would be Slam'n Ladder dooohohoho.

That said why had someone built one?

• That said why had someone built one?
    Exercise, I'd say.

• It's actually a really fun exercise.
  • I've never seen one before, and didn't have great technique. The bar sprang off, fell down, and cracked me on the head.

It's called a Salmon Ladder, apparently.
    It took me longer than it should have to understand the name.
  • If you see video of people doing it, it's more clear. If I hadn't seen it on Ninja Warrior, I would've been confused too.
  • I think I'm starting to have bouts of depression again. I feel like I know so many people, but yet no one who is willing or even wants to have decent, intelligent discussion with. Frankly it's starting to drive me insane, making me feel superficial. Or maybe it's my depression that's causing every conversation I have to feel shallow and mindless, I don't know.
  • Unceremoniously kicked out of my improv troupe a week before our first show, after I'd already helped represent them at quad day and stuff.

I'm not even upset, really; it isn't entirely surprising. It's more that whoever knew and just had me around without telling me is extremely disingenuous. Of my friends, I can pinpoint two who knew. Maybe three.
  • That said why had someone built one?
    Exercise, I'd say.

I would imagen so. I still think my pun was great though.

• Deferred from giving blood because of malaria risk. Stupid Mexico.
  • I was rejected as a marrow donor because Crohn's. I hadn't considered that prior. It's a bummer.

The funny part was that I got a letter saying I couldn't donate because of the risk to ME, which is maybe 1/4 true.
  • I can't donate anything, really, because I have an unknown clotting issue and have to take blood thinners.
  • The second chance I thought I had for applying for this job I've been wanting fell through.

I apparently didn't read the application correct and didn't qualify because it was only open for veterans.

*sigh*

So I will have to wait again for more positions to open up several months down the road and am currently stuck in the current job I have. It's ok, but definitely not something I look forward to going to Monday through Friday.

It also irks me that as a person who has worked for the government for almost a decade, that is well experience with the inner workings of a certain department can't compete with veterans. I understand why veterans get preference points on applications, but I should still be considered.

Bah humbug.
  • Didn't you just move to a new job?
  • edited September 2012
    Yes. It's a promotion, which is nice. However, it's not all that it's cracked up to be. It's a lot of micromanaging and hand holding. Because of my extensive knowledge of my previous job, it helps me do my current job. We had horrible training. My boss barely knows how to do our job and basically dictates what to do, but when I ask for assistance, I get nothing.

I'm training when I shouldn't be and handling more than I should be. It's no picnic. I can handle it, but I shouldn't be handling it.

I'm actively looking an applying to wherever I can. As soon as I get my year, I can apply for higher paying positions.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I ordered some party games (Jungle Speed and Spot It) to be delivered to my house instead of my dorm, and it's too late to change it. Fuck.
  • I ordered some party games (Jungle Speed and Spot It) to be delivered to my house instead of my dorm, and it's too late to change it. Fuck.
    i think that ought to go under horrible tragedy of the day, personally.
  • Breaking up is hard to do.
  • A DC garage may have my car locked up until Monday. :(
  • edited September 2012
    Breaking up is hard to do.
    ( ; ̄д ̄)\(◕︵◕ )

Edit:
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • My roommate is pretty much devastated right now, for a whole list of reasons, and I can do nothing about it.
  • No Warhammer today, and I spent five hours putting my Dark Vengeance set together.
  • I just felt like shit today. No legit reason, and only a vague bullshit one that even I'm not believing.
  • I just felt like shit today. No legit reason, and only a vague bullshit one that even I'm not believing.
    Don't trivialize it. If it makes you feel like shit then it's a real problem, regardless of how stupid it might seem.
    Don't trivialize it. If it makes you feel like shit then it's a real problem, regardless of how stupid it might seem.
    Agreed. Even little problems like that have a way at eating away at you, till they're a little problem sitting in a crater of larger problems.

• It's not because it's trivial, it's because it's solved. There were some complications with my schedule this year. Everything's in place for the changes to go through now, but it won't be formally fixed until tomorrow.
  • Ah, yeah, I know that feeling. Dealing with school bureaucracies is like going through a very slow, very painful bowel movement.
  • Ah, yeah, I know that feeling. Dealing with school bureaucracies is like going through a very slow, very painful bowel movement.
    It's like that with Corporate and governmental bureaucracies too, except with that morning-after-five-alarm-chilli kinda burn.

• Know that feel Churba. Dealing with city engineers and 3rd parties is like a game of telephone.

Also downloaded the 32bit installer instead of the 64bit of autodesk :/