This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• I think my hard drive is dying.
  • I only just realized that the binomes in ReBoot are supposed to be shaped like 0s and 1s.
  • Like anyone trusted GoDaddy at this point. ;^)

The outage is affecting a lot of people though.
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2012
    Like anyone trusted GoDaddy at this point. ;^)
    That's what supporting SOPA will get you :^P

Post edited by Geo on
  • Like anyone trusted GoDaddy at this point. ;^)
    Muse Games did >_>
  • My new TV already decided to die on me. Haven't even had it a month.
  • I knocked the glass of water on my bedside table over while I was sleeping, causing it to soak my $200-rented-for-$50 textbook. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.........
  • Oddly enough, my wife's site on GoDaddy's still up, but then again, it's just a static HTML page that redirects to her new site on Dreamhost (we're going to kill the GoDaddy site once the current term expires).
  • It's, like, a bad sign when you confuse your hard drive for your cooling fan, right?
    Fortunately, I have some old laptops I can cannabalize to get this working in the short term. Any recommendations for cheap 2.5" hard drives?
  • There are sales on SSD's all the time on deals woot and sites like that.
  • I always go with either WD, Seagate, or Fujitsu.
  • There are sales on SSD's all the time on deals woot and sites like that.
    Unless I can get it within a month or so, for less than $100, and with a capacity about 300 gigs or greater, I doubt I'm going to get an SSD.
  • Well, you could easily get a decent one for under $100, but it definitely wouldn't be around 300 gigs.
  • My mom sent us a gigantic package full of baby items, complete with blue glitter bomb. I washed all the sheets and and blankets from it today and now I'm completely covered in glitter and feel like I need a shower. If I don't shower then the glitter will just spread like a plague to everything that is clean. Ugh.
  • If I don't shower then the glitter will just spread like a plague to everything that is clean. Ugh.
    It will do that anyway. Give up now. :)

• Idiots who don't know how to do clubs coming onto my officer boards and hijacking meetings.

Also, being incredibly disrespectful towards the rest of the board, especially most of the people who are actually experienced.

Why do I help run school clubs again?
  • What the fuck is the point of having me be your Quality Assurance Officer when the program manager is just going to overrule my quality interpretations? I say, "These results are acceptable from a quality standpoint," and she says, "Nope, do it again." What the fuck is the point?

• Dear Muslim world,

When I say Jesus isn't real and Christianity is a fraud, no one riots outside my door and sets tire fires. Take note.

-George
  • Dear Muslim world,

When I say Jesus isn't real and Christianity is a fraud, no one riots outside my door and sets tire fires. Take note.

-George
    No they just blow up abortion clinics and intimidate and assault young women on their premises.

• No they just blow up abortion clinics and intimidate and assault young women on their premises.
    I don't think that has a cause-effect relationship with random people saying they don't believe in Jesus.

People will do some pretty screwed up things when they are convinced they are saving children.

• No they just blow up abortion clinics and intimidate and assault young women on their premises.
    I don't think that has a cause-effect relationship with random people saying they don't believe in Jesus.

People will do some pretty screwed up things when they are convinced they are saving children.
    I'm not sure the cause is really relevant when attempting to indict an entire group based on a crazy minority.

I'm not sure the cause is really relevant when attempting to indict an entire group based on a crazy minority.
    The riots in the middle east look like a lot more than a minority.

The riots in the middle east look like a lot more than a minority.
    Muppet has a point. The vast majority of Muslims don't want that kind of violence, and we shouldn't paint the whole religion with the same brush.

The problem is how willing the extremist minority is to use violence.

• edited September 2012
    Fundamentalist Christians generally have a democratic process in place to spread their bigotry, hatred, and regressive bullshit. If they didn't have that outlet, it's pretty likely they'd be rioting, too.
    Post edited by muppet on
  • Glass parking lot.

Not really, but there are days where that feels like the only real option.
  • The riots in the middle east look like a lot more than a minority.
    Oh, hush. It's always the extremists that riot, and they drown out all of the devout-but-would-rather-be-able-to-live-peacefully majority.

• Glass parking lot.

Not really, but there are days where that feels like the only real option.
    Well, there's a HUGE infrastructure problem in the region for a variety of reasons, and unfortunately a lot of those reasons are related to first world self-interested interference.

It's a fucking mess, no denying it.
  • The riots in the middle east look like a lot more than a minority.
    Oh, hush. It's always the extremists that riot, and they drown out all of the devout-but-would-rather-be-able-to-live-peacefully majority.

If only they had skinny hipster jeans and a tiny laptop each, they'd be a lot less angry.