This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• edited September 2012
    My parents sold their place over the summer and moved to another state so I have no reason to go back to my home state. Hooray. Although there is that lingering sentimentality as people have described.
    I definitely feel it. I would about kill for some Dunkin Donuts or Papa Gino's right about now.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • There was a an old man where I grew up that would always take the same back roads to work that I took to school. He'd be driving his impeccable Caddy at idling speed and just pull off the road whenever anyone pulled up behind him. This old man just happened to be the town doctor.
  • edited September 2012
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*GASP*

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/la-fi-mo-pork-bacon-shortage-20120924,0,6583548.story
    Post edited by Dromaro on
  • I definitely feel it. I would about kill for some Dunkin Donuts or Papa Gino's right about now.
    I understand the Dunkin Donuts bit, even though it's lackluster, but you are missing literally nothing with Papa Gino's. That pizza is no good.
  • My parents' house (the one I grew up in) went on the market today. I'm going to miss it.

Also, I think the realtors have convinced them to undersell the house, but my opinion is pretty uninformed.

House.
    One of my weirdest "growing up" moments was going back to my hometown a year after I left home. Mom had sold the house after we lost dad, and sold it quickly as-is. When I went by a year later, I barely recognized the house, and the realization that "home" was gone hit me like a ton of bricks. I felt this profound alienation from the place I used to call home. I went back up there a couple of years later, and I felt nothing. It has become Just Another Rural Town to me.

I've never experienced that, but that might be because my family was moving every few years to a new place. Anyone else whose family moved a lot lacking this experience?

• I definitely feel it. I would about kill for some Dunkin Donuts or Papa Gino's right about now.
    I understand the Dunkin Donuts bit, even though it's lackluster, but you are missing literally nothing with Papa Gino's. That pizza is no good.
    Childhood favorite perhaps?

• I worked there bro, I have seen things. You do not want that pizza.
    Childhood favorite perhaps?
    Indeed.

• The pasta there is.... edible.
    It's certainly a place where one can get something that some might consider food.
  • edited September 2012
    Papa Gino's, in my opinion, is probably one of the better inexpensive chain pizza restaurants. It's nowhere near as good as a good mom-and-pop joint (I'm a big fan of Wrentham House of Pizza, for a regular pie, and Franklin Flatbreads, for fancy brick oven stuff, near where I live), but it's better than Domino's and friends.
    Post edited by Dragonmaster Lou on
  • I'll take Pizza Hut if I must have chain pizza. Unless the franchise owner is a real dick who prevents the employees from actually covering the pizza with sauce and toppings, it's pretty good.

When it's bare crust with toppings randomly tossed across it and you can see the burnt bread through the thin layer of cheese.. then not so much.

Local places are generally best but in my area there is a glut of shit locals.

It doesn't take much to be better than Dominoes. That shit ain't pizza or even food.
  • It doesn't take much to be better than Dominoes. That shit ain't pizza or even food.
    Dominoes actually got a lot better a few years ago when they realized people thought their pizza was shit and stepped their game up. It's still not good pizza, but better than it was.
  • I'll take Pizza Hut if I must have chain pizza. Unless the franchise owner is a real dick who prevents the employees from actually covering the pizza with sauce and toppings, it's pretty good.
    I have only had Pizza Hut pizza once in my life and, frankly, I wasn't impressed. Then again, I had it in Pune, India, so I'm not sure if that has an effect on my opinion or not. Chicken tikka was definitely an interesting topping, though. :)
  • Pizza Hut isn't consistent enough to condemn after one sampling at one location. It can be quite good just so long as you recognize that you intend to eat crap food.
  • Pizza Hut isn't consistent enough to condemn after one sampling at one location. It can be quite good just so long as you recognize that you intend to eat crap food.
    I don't think there's a single proper Pizza Hut anywhere in south-eastern Massachusetts. I know that when I was in Foxboro, the closest was Pawtucket, RI, a good half hour away.
    I didn't say it was bad (for its class of food). Just said I wasn't impressed. :) Oh, and like Neito said, there are hardly any Pizza Huts in the area where I live. I've actually seen more Pizza Huts outside the U.S. (I saw two more on my vacation in Portugal) than inside because of that.

Papa Gino's serves a halfway decent chain pizza and is all over the place here. However, I just about never buy it myself. Whenever I've had it, it was because someone bought pizza for my whole office. I usually go to the local mom-and-pop pizza place when I'm home.
  • Pretty sure my car has a blown head gasket, fucking great.
  • edited September 2012

Whoa there, undisclosed Facebook friend. Whoa there.

[Edit] WHOA THERE

Also: *you're
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Heh, you're only 4 degrees from Charles Manson. Small world.
  • Well I met a stupid doctor once, so if you're going for a M.D. you should probably just pick a new profession.
  • Eh, I don't think she beats out Bryan Fischer for worst person on earth.
  • I was reading about Hunter Moore in the newest Rolling Stone. That guy is a douche.
  • Aaaaaaand I have mono. Yay.
  • edited September 2012
    If your car starts to hydroplane slamming on your brakes is the wrong course of action. Luckily I managed to avoid hitting the guy.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • Smoking again. Motherfucker, all it takes is a cute girl who offers you a drag. Sheeeeeeiiit.
  • Smoking again. Motherfucker, all it takes is a cute girl who offers you a drag. Sheeeeeeiiit.
    Not even once. Props on the cute girl though.
  • Not even once.
    No fucking kidding. I stopped pretty easily last time, no word on this round.