This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• edited August 2009
    Planned on calling this girl sometime this past week, as I met her last Friday, before classes started. "Sometime" became tonight, and I have neither the courage to call nor any idea what a first date should be. It's 6:39 here.

Well, fuck.
    You gots de faiblesse, p'tit boug? Pouve te bet. You be un motier foux. You go gets dat bonne a rienne, you or Joe, he passe un callotte your way, c'est tout.

Ah, oui.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • I think I am going to wet myself from laughing if you keep that up, HJ.
  • You gots de faiblesse, p'tit boug? Pouve te bet. You be un motier foux. You go gets dat bonne a rienne, you or Joe, he passe un callotte your way, c'est tout.

Ah, oui.
    ...wat?
  • WindUpBird,ignore the Cajun in the corner. Did you see my suggestion?
  • edited August 2009
    WindUpBird,ignore the Cajun in the corner. Did you see my suggestion?
    Yeah. Dinner might be more first-date friendly as we're in a college town with no theaters anywhere near the main drag, methinks. Hanging out on the quad afterward could be nice if it's a nice day.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited August 2009
    Dammit boyou! You are calling her. No excuses. I expect you to post some rough versions of what you plan on doing together in ten minutes.

Stop feeling shy and start enjoying life.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Dammit boyou! You are calling her. No excuses. I expect you to post some rough versions of what you plan on doing together in ten minutes.

Stop feeling shy and start enjoying life.
    Also - GO DUDE, GO! We're rooting for you, so to speak.
  • edited August 2009
    Well, granted that I'm basically unfamiliar as sin with this little college town, I know little more of what there is to do then get food, go to parties, or chill on the quad. So, I'm still working on that outline for Omnutia.

Thanks for the encouragement, btw.
  • Well, granted that I'm basically unfamiliar as sin with this little college town, I know little more of what there is to do then get food, go to parties, or chill on the quad. So, I'm still working on that outline for Omnutia.

Thanks for the encouragement, btw.
    You can do it! Don't be lame like me.
  • Also - GO DUDE, GO! We're rooting for you, so to speak.
    I'M NOT GONNA WEAR A CHEERLEADING OUTFIT! >:(

But yeah, GO WUB, GO WUB, GO WUB! It's only a phone call, she can only say "No thank you."
  • edited August 2009
    I'm leaving this open-ended. Lunch at this Italian cafe at 2, hang out on the quad, maybe walk to the art museum or see some music if we feel like it afterward. Sound alright?

Edit: I am also fully in favor of people referring to me as Wub on these boards. Nice ring to it.
  • It's only a phone call, she can only say "No thank you."
    ...and
    I'm leaving this open-ended. Lunch at this Italian cafe at 2, hang out on the quad, maybe walk to the art museum or see some music if we feel like it afterward. Sound alright?
    Sounds pretty good to me. Doing a bunch of stuff on a date is overrated. Main thing you want to do is talk and get to know each other. Do something simple that stimulates conversation.
  • edited August 2009
    I'M NOT GONNA WEAR A CHEERLEADING OUTFIT! >:(
    *Screenwipe | Nineless is now dressed in a western chearleading outfit while Omnutia is wearing a Japanese cheerleading coat.*

OSSU!!
  • I'm leaving this open-ended. Lunch at this Italian cafe at 2, hang out on the quad, maybe walk to the art museum or see some music if we feel like it afterward. Sound alright?
    Lunch and the art museum? If she's a worthwhile girl at all, she'll say yes.

Well, unless she's not into you. But you won't know unless you try.

Grab the noun by the noun and go for it.
  • Spent two hours today with customer support trying to figure out why my phone could receive text messages but not send them.It took three people to figure out that the problem was my sim card is so old that its not compatible so I had to go out and get a new sim card.The good news though is that they unlocked my phone so it will work when I go over to Japan.
    edited August 2009
    *Screenwipe | Nineless is now dressed in a western chearleading outfit while Omnutia is wearing a Japanese cheerleading coat.*

OSSU!!

I say, fight fire with fire! EAT PLASTER!

PERFECT POM-PON POWER PUUUUUUUUUUNCH! And no, I ain't adding 'pretty'.
    Post edited by ... on
  • I didn't want to go partying and my room-mate thought I was depressed/self-loathing. I was sick today. That, and I don't like the tasty of shitty rum that burns my insides.
  • I'm very late but - Ro, Emily and Kate, I'm really sorry to hear about how you or your parents were screwed over. I remember how hard it was to see my mom laid off from her dream job a while ago. I hope the best for you guys. <3

@Nuke: Well now, what is wrong with you. DRINK YOURSELF HAPPY OR YOU'RE NOT COOL.
  • @Nuke: Well now, what is wrong with you. DRINK YOURSELF HAPPY OR YOU'RE NOT COOL.
    Hey now, Scott doesn't drink and he's not.........okay I just thought about the entire scope of that and Nuke, don't be like Scott.
  • Well, it's been almost two weeks since I submitted my invoice to my job. They're still waiting on some more investment. I move to Rochester tomorrow.

I haven't been paid in almost a month, need the money, and am moving to Rochester, a place not known for its employment opportunities. This time last year, I was doing the exact same thing, and my job offer fell through right when I got there. Suffice it to say, I am experiencing GREAT TREPIDATION.

Also, my condolences to Emily and others. I lost a job at Kodak in January. I REALLY DON'T WANT TO LOSE MY PRESENT JOB (as it is as close to a rockstar IT job as I can get without a degree).
  • My first day at new apartment and I already once left my keys inside while I went out. Luckily my roommate had his keys.
  • edited August 2009
    I got round to playing Research and Development again. In the suspended, spinning crate puzzle, there is an essential item which in no way stands out and you are given no previous interaction with (The girder in the crate.). Working out that it isn't just a piece of debris is pure chance.

Oh, and then there's a vehicle puzzle and a vehicle final boss. Feels like the guy making it had lost interest.
  • Fail: The powertrain control module on our only vehicle stopped functioning properly on our way into Albany this morning. This caused us to miss volunteering at a local community theatre stage building session that we were looking forward to and that desperately needed the extra help.
    Not so fail: The repair is covered under our warranty, so other than our cost for renting a vehicle, we won't be hurting financially. Pete (TheWhaleShark) picked us up and we spent most of the day hanging out with him at the mall, the planetarium, and at an Irish pub for one of his friend's birthday. After that, we hung out with some other friends and saw Taking Woodstock.

All-in-all, not so bad. ^_^
  • edited August 2009
    One of my earbuds has failed--just as my roommates develop a powerful lust for a genre known as "goregrind". Never buying Skullcandy again; will spring for Etymotics. I would kill to hear a mandolin in stereo right now.

Reporting back on last night's fail: I have succeeded at fail alchemy, and have transmuted it into win. I am having lunch with the girl at an Italian cafe tomorrow. So I kind of broke even, I suppose.
  • How are Skullcandy headphones? Not earbuds, but the big DJ headphones? I always think about springing for some.
  • How are Skullcandy headphones? Not earbuds, but the big DJ headphones? I always think about springing for some.
    Pretty, but they're not the best acoustically - They get beat all hollow by even low-price Sennheisers.
    I've heard very good things about them from my drum instructor, and if anyone knows about headphone quality it's him. He couldn't vouch for durability at the time, so take that as you will.
    Reporting back on last night's fail: I have succeeded at fail alchemy, and have transmuted it into win. I am having lunch with the girl at an Italian cafe tomorrow. So I kind of broke even, I suppose.
    That's not how it works; once the fail is reversed in such a way the fail does not linger. You are now totally awesome.
  • He couldn't vouch for durability at the time, so take that as you will.
    From what I'm reading, the durability screw-ups aren't frequent, and they'll send you two sets of replacement buds for each one you send in under the lifetime waranty. So maybe Skullcandy doesn't deserve the bad rep I may have conveyed. I'll send them in and try again.
  • This is more of a fail of an existence that effected me.

I finished my long island so I danced. A guy danced with me which is cool. I dance with everyone anyway. Just because I say you can dance with me doesn't mean you could kiss me. What the fuck! You don't even know me! I don't know you! What the fuck kind of guy does that. Fuck that guy!
  • You don't even know me! I don't know you! What the fuck kind of guy does that. Fuck that guy!
    I think that was his intention.